Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2001 5:27:22 AM EDT
Well, I am now, for the first time in a long while, scared about losing my job.  I normally don't post on the board while at work but, I am pretty shaken by this...[V]  (In case you didn't guess, I work here)

Don't really know why I posted this...  I guess I just needed to go where "good" people are for some comfort.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:28:58 AM EDT
[#1]
That sucks FmJunkie!  Truley.

My thoughts are with you, good luck.

(Just try to put it in perspective though, ok?)
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:37:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Hielo.

In my search for a positive spin on all this, I came up with this way of thinking:

I would get a decent severance package (a few months of pay and my last bonus which equates to another few months of salary).  I could then spend a few months of real quality time with my now 8 month old son before going back out into the world.  In any event, I will have lost my job and not my life like some people I know and worked with.

Of course, I could get lucky and the SHTF/apocalypse day comes before unemployment runs out...[;)]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:47:20 AM EDT
[#3]
A link to the story if you're interested:

[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/643891.asp?0dm=C226B[/url]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:50:47 AM EDT
[#4]
hang in there, FMJunkie! all of wall atreet is nervous, some firms more than others, but so you know, i am in the same (MUCH SMALLER) boat. good luck!
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:55:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks fattym4,

You know what other positive thing would come out of this?  LOTS o' dry fire and hold-over practice!  Just have to keep away from the cheetos all day or I'll have blaze orange guns...
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 11:30:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I would get a decent severance package (a few months of pay and my last bonus which equates to another few months of salary).  I could then spend a few months of real quality time with my now 8 month old son before going back out into the world.  In any event, I will have lost my job and not my life like some people I know and worked with.

View Quote

I hope you signed a contract with a severance package clause in it, otherwise they don't have to give you squat. I found that out the hard way after working 11 years for the same company.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 1:45:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Check your e-mail, FMJunkie!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top