Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2002 6:28:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 6:51:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I bet they didn't even mentioned that there were criminals pulling the triggers of these most likely illegally obtained guns.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 6:55:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I did not think anybody read that rag. The comical appeal, is a joke for news. Just my .02 Hank no flame at you. [smoke]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 7:08:06 AM EDT
[#3]
They don't care about facts, facts not only get in the way but they also slow the dash to air their inaccuracies. What's disgusting every year News Trash get excellence in broadcasting awards, what a joke.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 7:10:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't see the article as anti-AW at all.  In fact, the following paragraph is the only mention of the weapons in the entire article.  More emphasis is given to the stolen SUV they used.  Is it not fair to say that an SKS is an assault rifle? Isn't that what everyone here is always saying?

Police have not recovered the weapons - a handgun and an SKS assault rifle - similar to an AK47 assault rifle. According to police reports, the medical examiner said the shot that killed Jessica was fired from a high-velocity assault rifle.
View Quote

[img]http://mas.scripps.com/MCA/2002/06/19/061919shoonu_d.jpg[/img]
In the Memphis Police Department property room, Inspector J.D. King shows the kind of high-velocity assault rifle used in the shooting that killed Jessica Borner.

Link Posted: 6/19/2002 7:15:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted: I bet they didn't even mentioned that there were criminals pulling the triggers of these most likely illegally obtained guns.
View Quote

[url]http://www.gomemphis.com/mca/local_news/article/0,1426,MCA_437_1217188,00.html[/url]

"Meanwhile, police continued to search Tuesday night for two suspects in the shooting.
Leslie Franklin and Mack Tramaine 'Little Mack' Jones, 18, have been charged in warrants with first-degree murder in the shooting death of Jessica Borner last Wednesday afternoon. Police said three men shot up the house in the Highland Heights area following a drug deal dispute.
Leslie Franklin, who dropped out of Treadwell High School, has a lengthy arrest record for aggravated assault, possession of drug paraphernalia and several traffic offenses. In police reports, he is described as a member of the Crips street gang."
Seems pretty clear to me that they were criminals.

Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:20:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:24:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Take heed. That's how it started in California.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:35:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#9]
hey guys is the "memphis press scimitar" still in the loop.
i used to deliver that paper way back in 1968 and 69,on a bicycle.
had 33 customers,1 dollar a month for a subscription.
rescue93
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Once they start making feeble attempts to differentiate between the various types of rifles, start worrying.

In California, they are now trying to differentiate between revolvers and semi-automatic handguns. As long as I can remember it was always pistol or handgun, but never semi-automatic. But for the past few years, it's semi-automatic (even if the bad guy used a revolver). This is part of the agenda to demonize semi-autos, as the antis want them banned.

It would be interesting if your media tried to follow the same route as CA. Here, the antis and the media first demonized the SKS and AK-47 types, which were then banned without a hitch as most people don't view them as being "American". Of course, the AR15 was next.

Anyway, keep an eye out for the language they use in the press. If you start seeing a pattern, start worrying.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 10:52:56 PM EDT
[#11]
In case ya'll didn't know it, the rest of the state can't stand Memphis. If we had the option we would quickly give them over to Arkansas. Memphis also has the Ford political family, a bunch that makes the Kennedy's look like the Walton's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top