Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2001 12:25:48 PM EDT
I was looking at the Mech-Tech .45 carbine kit. It converts your 1911 frame into a carbine. Looks neat as shit & I wondered if any of you have used it?
Scott
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 1:55:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen it but never shot one. It does look cool. I saw one in the Delta Force catalog and I noticed that CIE sells them on thier websight. I was almost going to get one until I traded my Sringfield Armory pistol for a preban Feather AT-9.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 2:29:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 2:46:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've seen it but never shot one. It does look cool. I saw one in the Delta Force catalog and I noticed that CIE sells them on thier websight. I was almost going to get one until I traded my Sringfield Armory pistol for a preban Feather AT-9.
View Quote

Who is CIE?
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes I had a chance to play with one.
Fun, but why? Ok for plinking but the 10-22 or buck mark is to and cheaper to feed!
45 is for the 1911 pistol have fun and get better with something you carry.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 3:07:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one. It is fun and lets me ding steel plates at 100 yards all day. Why? Why not? HK seemed to think there was a market for a .45 acp carbine but I'm not buying a 10 round HK carbine for $900-$1000 so I bought one of these for less than $300, shipped right to my door even. Works great with a red dot scope. It won't replace my AR-15 by any means but it's fun. Only thing is that only the orginal style 1911 thumb saftey will work, the extended ones don't.

Link Posted: 7/18/2001 3:37:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes I had a chance to play with one.
Fun, but why? Ok for plinking but the 10-22 or buck mark is to and cheaper to feed!
45 is for the 1911 pistol have fun and get better with something you carry.
View Quote

Why not is the better question. I have and am proficient with all you mentioned and a whole lot more. Sometimes you just want more. I think it would make a nice hog hunting rig. Compact, light recoil, fast action & a shitload cheaper than a .45 upper for the AR. That's enough reason to start at least gathering info. Besides, I just like .45's. Did you like the function of it? did it seem to be accurate? Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I've shot the Mech-Tech conversion and they are great. One of these days I'll end up with one. Bobby is right about the extended safety not working to well. Here's a thought, why not build one up on an STI high cap 40 lower. With 140mm IPSC mags with extended base pads you would have a carbine with 20 rd magazines! Cool!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top