Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 9:43:24 AM EDT
Check out my response to this self-serving crap.

Let me stipulate: The news business attracts liberals. I work in a building where those of us who will vote for President Bush probably could fit in the paper's two elevators. New York Times writer John Tierney informally polled political journalists last month and found that journalists outside the Beltway preferred Sen. John Kerry to Bush 3 to 1, but 12 to 1 inside the Beltway. The informal poll was in keeping, Tierney wrote, with surveys that find "more than 80 percent of the Beltway press corps votes Democratic."

Every day this workforce nonetheless goes out in the world, talks to sources, reads documents, attends meetings and talks to people going about their daily business just to get the whole story. They learn layers of a story, find facts that surprise them, and then write about what they learn.

trust the media! everyone else lies!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:11:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, according to McCain Feingold these are the only ones to trust during the election, certainly not the NRA.  It is only their liberaleliteness (now just one word) that allows them to stipulate something so inane as "news attracts liberals"....   It should be "news attracts frustrated fiction writers."

You should e-mail her, I got a hot dismissive reply once from her after I called her on something.  Good fun.

"Saunders, Debra" <[email protected]>
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:15:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I emailed her a link. I like poking people with pointy sticks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top