Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2003 8:08:43 PM EDT
Comes out in my area tomorrow. I've got tickets for the first showing.

Looked pretty sweet in the previews.

If it's anything like the originaly, it'll be worth it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I get to see it in an hour :P

oz
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I am probably going to wait until its less crowded. I hate how people bring little kids who won't even watch the movie, or all the noise from people talking or eating candy & popcorn. Its annoying to hear people munching away when you are trying to watch a movie.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:31:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I see it at 11:30am thursday, and if there are any little basterds munching and crunching they will be seeing some bullet time alright.  Me punching them in the f-ing face!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#4]
going tomorrow at 1000. shouldnt be that crowded at all. Localy they are starting tonight at 2200. Running at 30 min intervals.
Im hoping tomorrow morning all the kidies will be at school mostly
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:12:29 PM EDT
[#5]
i just saw it.

...don't expect me to say anything more than that.  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:15:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Just saw it. Well worth your time.

Heavily anticipating Revolutions.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:20:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just saw it. Well worth your time.

Heavily anticipating Revolutions.
View Quote

Ditto.

If you don't like the first movie don't even bother with any of the others.

I stayed for the preview of the 3rd one and am very anxious to see it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I just got back from seeing it at 10pm. Only one think to say:

UN FREAKING BELIEVABLE!!!!

I was awesome!!! Well, after the neo meets the oracle. The first part drug on, and the whole dancing/sex scene was really worthless and not needed.

The fights were great, the CGI was good, but even better was the story line. I was on the edge of my seat waiting to find out what would happen next and I was trying to figure out what everything meant. This movie isn't all CGI and action, contrary to bigbore's assertion.

I can't wait for the next one. And the rumors are true: after the end of the credits, they show a preview for Matrix: Revolutions.

There are so many questions that I have. To prevent spoilers, the following block of text is in white. Highlight it and it should show, but only do it if you have seen the movie or don't care about spoilers:

[white]About halfway through the movie, I forget the exact spot, I wondered if they never really got out of the Matrix. Ie its a Matrix in a Matrix. I understand(but have not seen myself) that in the architect's rooms on the monitors are pictures of neo on the ship and at zion. This isn't possible unless there is a Matrix in a Matrix. Also, the ended to the movie when Neo could sense the Sentinels and stop them was a giveaway. [/white]

Anyway, I'm going to see it again tomorrow, and I can't wait! Woot!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#10]
8:15 pm and i know its just going to be another cheesy action movie that just had great effects just like the 1rst one.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:46:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Darn it, I left halfway through the previews. Guess I'll have to see it again. [:)]

In relation to the original, it's a lot like X2: better fights, more story revealed, and just a whole lot more fun.

CGI was probably everywhere in retrospect to achieve many of the shots, but you wouldn't really notice unless you look for things that are "unreal". I thought it did a great job of suspending disbelief and dragging you along.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Nyeh.  It was ok.  I loved the first one, but this wasn't quite to that level.  They added some humor to this one, which was sometimes successful, but I think overall it detracted from it.  Not as violent as the first one either (as far as blood).  People getting hit with swords but not bleeding or losing limbs, etc....

It's definitely worth seeing though.  More good than bad.

Quoted:
I stayed for the preview of the 3rd one and am very anxious to see it.
View Quote

What?  They showed a preview for revolutions afterward?  Guess I didn't stay long enough.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:06:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The fights were great, the CGI was good, but even better was the story line. I was on the edge of my seat waiting to find out what would happen next and I was trying to figure out what everything meant.
View Quote

Now, you're not going to set there and claim that a movie with Keanu Reeves in it actually has a plot.  I can not and will not believe that.

Also, this is a sequel, and as we all know, sequels suck.  Big time.

As one reviewer noted, this is not a movie, it is a video game.  As a movie it sucks.  Big time.

It should have been titled "Matrix: Unloaded"

Just My Humble Opinion.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:57:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Kindly looking forward to seeing this one.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:02:01 AM EDT
[#15]
good movie. I didnt like how they compared George Bush to Hitler tho. ( it happened in the background when NEO was talking to the "Architect" )
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:45:43 AM EDT
[#16]
It sucked.  I fell asleep during the fight scene after Neo met the Oracle, and then I left after the freeway scene.

[puke]  
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:50:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Cake anyone?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:55:26 AM EDT
[#18]
thats funny, i fell asleep during the sword fight and woke up during the truck crash.

were there guns in this one?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:56:35 AM EDT
[#19]
WORTH EVERY CENT I PAID FOR IT.

ALSO NOW HOLDS CROWN FOR BEST CAR CHASE SCENE.

Oz
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:54:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 3:15:38 AM EDT
[#21]
sneh
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:09:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Gonna see it tonight
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:23:18 AM EDT
[#23]
I liked it, but I agree about not enough gun action.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:36:08 PM EDT
[#24]
It was pretty friggin awesome, IMO.

Best scenes were the highway chase and when Neo fights the Frenchman's henchmen on the stairways.

The twin ghosts were pretty lame. They were pimpin' the entire movie, though! White suits, white dreads, dark shades, they drive a Cadillac Escalade (Bling-bling!), WOC was a straight-razor, etc...

Smith was fun.

Neo should us his flying abilities more. As an attack, even. That speed, with the cars in his wake, into the Smiths... that'd hurt.

I liked it when the Frenchman's wife and them are in the bathroom, and Trinity says, "Excuse me?!"

Ah... Fun times...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top