Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2001 1:43:39 PM EDT
I posted this at another site but have not had alot of luck with responses.  I wanted to see anyone over here had any information.

About a year ago I purchased a used Marlin 39A for $189.00 from a private seller. The rifle is in fantastic shape and looks brand new. The blued finish has only rubbed off a little around where the lever pivots into the receiver. Otherwise the finish is complete with no rust. It is fun to shoot and looks like a keeper to pass on down the family line.

Now for the question. Does anyone know when this gun was made and roughly how many. The serial # is 1826XXXX with the markings "Original Golden 39A", a stamping with "(JM)" and somthing that looks like a horseshoe or omega symbol (stamped) that is exposed when the hammer is pulled back. It also does not have a saftey, only the half-cock.  Finally, the trigger is blued and not gold plated.

Thanks,
Miles

Link Posted: 2/26/2001 3:32:25 PM EDT
[#1]
My dad always talked fondly of his Golden 39A.  He said it had a low serial number (4 digits I think).  It's been a good 35 years ago.
Top Top