Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2009 9:50:38 AM EDT

Mr. Levin's new book sounds like a very worthwhile read. I haven't heard too much Levin on the radio but I like what I've heard so far. Light years ahead of Glen Beck's moronic ramblings IMHO.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 9:53:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Mr. Levin's new book sounds like a very worthwhile read. I haven't heard too much Levin on the radio but I like what I've heard so far. Light years ahead of Glen Beck's moronic ramblings IMHO.

I think pepole need to realize that most folks aren't hardcore political/history/policy wonks like most of us. Glenn Beck provides a good 'entry level' into our way of thinking. Just because you've progressed beyond what he has to offer, doesn't make him any less useful to us all.

He's brought more people to the fold with his TV show than anyone else I can think of.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think pepole need to realize that most folks aren't hardcore political/history/policy wonks like most of us. Glenn Beck provides a good 'entry level' into our way of thinking. Just because you've progressed beyond what he has to offer, doesn't make him any less useful to us all.

He's brought more people to the fold with his TV show than anyone else I can think of.

I have to concur,,,Beck is speaking to the blue collar middle class and MOMS,, well beyond where Levin hits his mark,,

that and BECK IS DOING SOMETHING beyond preaching to the Choir and railing to him self. I like and respect Levin, admire his career, but again what is he Doing, now saying, actually doing, Beck is at least organizing something regardless of his personal drawbacks

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 10:10:21 AM EDT
[#3]
My wife drove to a couple of bookstores yesterday looking for this great read, but they were all sold out...called a few more with same results, so finally ordered it from Amazon (it will ship on the 29th) with free super-saver shipping (oooooooohh).

I've met him; what a great guy. He's not called The Great One for nothing!

About a year or two ago he was talking about how some liberal nuts were planning on disrupting his future book signings with shenanigans...I wrote him & offered to stand watch for free at any book signings here.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 10:11:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I heard Hannity and Limbaugh talking about it. Levin was on Rush's show today and it sounds like a great read. I'm going to look for it this weekend. I hear it's selling like crazy though so it might be hard to find for a week or two.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 10:15:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I heard Hannity and Limbaugh talking about it. Levin was on Rush's show today and it sounds like a great read. I'm going to look for it this weekend. I hear it's selling like crazy though so it might be hard to find for a week or two.

Amazon says 1 to 2 week ship time.  Maybe a second printing already?

Levin is awesome.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I have heard good things about this book and plan on picking it up when I finish my current read (Day by Day Armageddon) what a jump, huh
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 10:17:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I listen to his radio show online or download it on itunes for FREE , with no commercials. I love his rants.

Ranting aside,  he is extremely intelligent.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 10:21:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Here is Levin pounding Frum for attacking Rush:

http://www.reaganconservatives.us/media/levinfrum.mp3.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 10:27:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have to concur,,,Beck is speaking to the blue collar middle class and MOMS,, well beyond where Levin hits his mark,,

that and BECK IS DOING SOMETHING beyond preaching to the Choir and railing to him self. I like and respect Levin, admire his career, but again what is he Doing, now saying, actually doing, Beck is at least organizing something regardless of his personal drawbacks

Doesn't sound like you listen to the Great One.  He doesn't preach to any choir, he doesn't use big words or talk over the average person's head.

I'm a definite blue-collar slug, but I find The Great One's shows to be hard-hitting & to the point, exactly what I want to hear...a breath of fresh air after suffering through a long Politically-Correct & Appropriately Sensitive bullshit day.

He & El Rushbo (aka Maha Rushie) are by far my favorites....to the point & entertaining.

And I still don't get what you (and others) mean by "actually doing something".... Because Levin & Limbaugh ARE doing PLENTY!  They are spreading the gospel of Truth & Light & Freedom, fighting the liberal hordes & communist Khans in defense of our freedoms and way of life.  They are doing far more to enlighten the masses about TRUE conservative principles and beliefs than anyone else, and in an easy-to-understand format....in fact, it doesn't get much easier than just having the courage to tune in & listen to them.

My wife loves Sean Hannity; he reaches her on a different level than he does for me....plus he has too many liberals on his show for my liking.  I deal with liberal limp-wrist snivellers all day long; I sure as hell don't want to hear anymore of that drivel when I am looking for a moral & spiritual Pick-Me-Up.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 10:32:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Picked up my copy yesterday.

Only about 40 pages into it.

So far, seems to be written at about a 10th grade level, which makes for easy reading.  He explains things well.  He is pretty much explaining the founding of our country, and what the statists are doing to it.

Good read so far.

TXL
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 10:34:05 AM EDT
[#11]
wth is wrong with Frum?

He's supportive of Obama?  what's his deal?
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 10:50:29 AM EDT
[#12]
I listened to Mark Levin's radio show last night while "Milhous" (as he calls President Obama) gave his press conference. His commentary and talk-over was the funniest radio I've heard in years.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I was listening to him on Rush, and there was a hilarious exchange:

LEVIN:  We need to explain that the free market is the most transformative of economic systems, and it fosters creativity and inventiveness. It produces all these industries and products and services that the statist wants to control and tax.  The statist creates nothing.  

The food Obama has was created by capitalism.  The suit that he wears when he does these press conferences, he can thank capitalism, not a single bureaucrat.  The car that he drives or that's driven for him –– the helicopter, the jet he takes

RUSH:  The teleprompter!

LEVIN:  –– all of it is a creation of capitalism.

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 7:26:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Lots of people only know him from his radio show, they don't know about his past.

I can't wait to get the book.

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Gonna buy it tomorrow. Love his show.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 7:53:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
wth is wrong with Frum?

He's supportive of Obama?  what's his deal?

He's a Democrat who thinks he's a Republican.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:08:25 PM EDT
[#18]
I ordered my copy of the book tonight.

I love listening to Levin on Sirius Patriot radio.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:16:35 PM EDT
[#20]
I got the last 3 copies at Borders 2 days ago.  I have one, a coworker, and my boss.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:26:19 PM EDT
[#21]
I've just started listening to him online , he's definately in my top 3.

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#22]
The way El Rushbo is pushing this book, and the emphasis on the founders vision for this country are reason enough to buy it.  I plan to pick it up this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:55:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:09:07 PM EDT
[#24]
B&N was sold out, I found my copy at Target and it was 30% off the cover price.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#25]

Damn...You would think "The One" was there..
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#26]
I'll be picking it up for sure. Levin in the man!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:32:22 PM EDT
[#27]
I got my copy from BN yesterday. I'm to chapter 3.  I'm enjoying it so far.  I also enjoyed Men in Black.  I've never heard his radio show but I did hear the book plugged on Limbaugh's show.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:45:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Will pick it up one I see it.  Levin is a great man.  "GET OFF MY PHONE YOU BIG DOPE!"
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:49:51 PM EDT
[#29]
I was there today..got five signed copies.  What a decent, intelligent man.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top