Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
7/8/2020 3:01:36 PM
Posted: 11/17/2008 4:10:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/17/2008 7:59:15 PM EDT by AuMiner]
My oldest son is thinkin about joining the Marines. at first i was very proud, as he would be carrying on a proud family tradition. but now with obamabinbiden in office i dont know.....i just dont know.......
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 4:29:28 PM EDT
It is the Marine Corps.  You should be PROUD that your son would choose this path of selfless service to our Country.  Our Country needs leaders of this caliber.

The president of the United States is not a king.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 4:43:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By simply_green:
It is the Marine Corps.  You should be PROUD that your son would choose this path of selfless service to our Country.  Our Country needs leaders of this caliber.

The president of the United States is not a king.

Not bloody fucking yet... but is shit keeps going down it will happen.

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:30:17 PM EDT
Semper fi', its not about the asshole in charge, its the men beside you that matter. (easy for me to say, im not a dad)
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 5:43:16 PM EDT
We need great sons like yours to protect our nation and our freedom.  It is not about who is CIC, but more about the men he serves with and the nation he gets to protect!

PS- I served all 6 years under Klinton and did stupid BS political missions for his admininstration, BUT I wouldn't change it for the world!  I loved every moment of my experience.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 6:05:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/17/2008 6:10:02 PM EDT by SilentType]
This country will need him more now than ever.

Some tough and dangerous times are ahead for all us.  Our political leadership at the top is inexperienced and guided by utopian ideals that are disconnected with the real world.   It will take good men, hard men, and true Patriots to make up for the deep cuts in military spending and poor decisions regarding strategy to keep Americans safe and save lives.  As someone who served throughout the Clinton Era I can tell you that had it not been for our brave service men and women this nation would have experienced far greater loss.

Your son will be on the wall between us and the barbarians. He's a HERO and you should be damn proud of him.

Semper Fi  

Link Posted: 11/17/2008 7:52:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SilentType:

Some tough and dangerous times are ahead for all us.  Our political leadership at the top is inexperienced and guided by utopian ideals that are disconnected with the real world.   It will take good men, hard men, and true Patriots to make up for the deep cuts in military spending and poor decisions regarding strategy to keep Americans safe and save lives.  As someone who served throughout the Clinton Era I can tell you that had it not been for our brave service men and women this nation would have experienced far greater loss.

Your son will be on the wall between us and the barbarians. He's a HERO and you should be damn proud of him.

Semper Fi  

I am very proud of him ! I just dont want some cant cunt diploshit sending him into harms way ,not giving him the tools and material needed to kill our enemies !! our men and women in uniform deserve better !!  TRUST ME i stand by any decision he makes !! THANKS GUYS its good to hear you all sound off !!!!                        
SEMPER FI
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 8:06:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AuMiner:
Originally Posted By SilentType:

Semper Fi  

I am very proud of him ! I just dont want some cant cunt diploshit sending him into harms way ,not giving him the tools and material needed to kill our enemies !! our men and women in uniform deserve better !!  TRUST ME i stand by any decision he makes !! THANKS GUYS its good to hear you all sound off !!!!                        
SEMPER FI

The same could be said at the begining of OIF I and President Bush's resolve.

Link Posted: 11/18/2008 3:58:15 PM EDT
Well, I served under Carter & his gutting of our military. Your son will be just fine, the Corps has been handed the shit end of a stick under virtually every president, not just the bad ones, IMO.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:44:15 PM EDT
My son went to PI this past year and is doing well.  However one snag is that they are holding his $5K bonus due to his not signing the right form.  I am waiting to find out what the deal is with that before I start making some calls.

It is all about your country and your buds though.  I served in the cold war years myself.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:51:41 PM EDT
WE NEED MORE HARD CHARGING DEVIL DOGS!

- SEMPER FI

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:47:04 PM EDT
Think of it this way. If he enlists sometime next year, he'll still be in the Marine's when Obama is gone in 4 years.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:27:31 PM EDT
I realized a while back that if you want to fight for freedom, that fight isn't overseas.  The direct threat to freedom resides in Washington, DC in all branches of government.  And when you consider joining up with the Marine Corps, those folks will be your new bosses.

I realized this right before I almost signed up for the Corps, and it turned my energy in another direction.

For better or for worse, who knows...

I wish your son luck, AuMiner.
Top Top