Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 6:16:11 PM EDT
I have a friend that in Iraq. When we talk to him he cant talk long and cant say much about his job or unit. I do understand the reason for this. I just would like to know what type of unit his in. I dont know much about the Marine Unit. The info I have about his  unit is  1/1 Alpha Co. 2nd plt
Unit 40165. Can any Marines help me out. Is this a Infantry or Expeditionary unit? If he was Army I would have a better idea of the type unit this was.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:28:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Alpha Company 1st Battalion 1st Marines. It appears to be an infantry battalion, www.i-mef.usmc.mil/msc/1mardiv/1BN1MAR/Index.htm#
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:27:21 AM EDT
[#2]
yep
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:41:57 PM EDT
[#3]
funny coincidence but i'm in the same unit and company, just different platoon.  the reason he probly can't talk long is because he's using a satelite phone and due to operational security he can't say much either.  we've been getting shafted and have been out away from camp fallujah since we've got here, and there's no future of them coming back any time soon, the only reason i get to use the internet and what not is because i got shot in the leg, and they want me completely healed before i go back out
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:08:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
funny coincidence but i'm in the same unit and company, just different platoon.  the reason he probly can't talk long is because he's using a satelite phone and due to operational security he can't say much either.  we've been getting shafted and have been out away from camp fallujah since we've got here, and there's no future of them coming back any time soon, the only reason i get to use the internet and what not is because i got shot in the leg, and they want me completely healed before i go back out

Thatguy3
Buy any chance have you heard of a guy name *** ******?
I was not thinking when I posted name. My Big Ooops
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:27:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thatguy3
Buy any chance have you heard of a guy name Cpl Hardin?

OPSEC!

Please do not post this.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have a friend that in Iraq. When we talk to him he cant talk long and cant say much about his job or unit. I do understand the reason for this. I just would like to know what type of unit his in. I dont know much about the Marine Unit. The info I have about his  unit is  1/1 Alpha Co. 2nd plt
Unit 40165. Can any Marines help me out. Is this a Infantry or Expeditionary unit? If he was Army I would have a better idea of the type unit this was.

Sure. I'll give you the OpSec sfae lowdown:

1st Bn, 1st Mar are now based near Camp Fallujah.
He's in a rifle company (infantry), so odds are he's a grunt.
They're doing great work up there, above the city.

He probably spends his days on combat patrols, either on foot or in vehicles (Super 7 tons, or UpArmored Hummers). He occaisionally is involved in Raids, Cordons and Searches, and various other type missions.  Right now it is starting to warm up there. He may live on the base, near his Bn HQ, or he may be in a forward outpost.
His communication will be limited to infrequent SatPhone calls, and those rare times he gets to Camp Fallujah.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:33:48 PM EDT
[#7]
"Don't post it."

And then you copy the post.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top