Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:31:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Romney sticker stays.

Bring 'em on.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#3]
And keep one's opinions and mouth to yourself.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:32:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Stupid all around
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:35:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah...  Don't use your concealed weapon to illegally detain someone.  Either shoot them till they're dead, or do not pull it.  Its NOT a tool for detaining someone
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#6]
pull a gun on someone over a sticker and a shoving match? good arrest.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:39:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So that's two people on arfcom who understand that.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:45:27 PM EDT
[#8]
over a sticker?

do people grow up and become adults anymore?
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:46:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Arrested for defending himself from the FSA.  Marvelous.

Maybe you should re read the article

Gun owner was the Obama supporter who held the anti Obama guy at gunpoint

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah...  Don't use your concealed weapon to illegally detain someone.  Either shoot them till they're dead, or do not pull it.  Its NOT a tool for detaining someone

So you would murder someone for being anti Obama

You sir are a retard
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:50:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you have it backwards.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Read it again.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:51:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sir are a retard

Read for comprehension. BR870 didn't say anything about shooting people for being anti-0. He was merely stating that if you are pulling a gun, it had better be to shoot someone in self defense, not to hold someone hostage.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:53:03 PM EDT
[#14]
The Obamazombie precipitated the entire event by making a terrorist threat against Mr. Williams over a bumper sticker, then escalates with physical violence. Later tells Police he wasn't interested in "discussing politics"

1st rule of the zombie apocalypse, shoot them in the head.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:54:52 PM EDT
[#15]
the amount of herp in thisthread about the article full of  derp is amazing... fucking IN!
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:55:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, it's easy to get tripped up in all the byzantine twists and turns of nine sentences.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:56:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Should have arrest both for being tards
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#18]
"Williams was arrested and charged with aggravated assault and false imprisonment following the altercation. "

Facepalm.jpg
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:59:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
over a sticker?

do people grow up and become adults anymore?

No! That is not in the master plan. Grown ups can have a more rational thought process making them harder to control.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 10:01:45 PM EDT
[#20]
A dispute over an anti-Obama bumper sticker sparked a fight that ended with a veteran being pinned to the ground at gunpoint, according to police.

What the fuck does him being a veteran have to do with anything regarding this story?!?!

ETA: Before you fuckers flip out on me, I'm not bashing veterans. I mean fuck, I have a tank too.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, it's easy to get tripped up in all the byzantine twists and turns of nine sentences.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#22]
veteran is a catch word... it pulls readers into the article... you know, because they all have the yellow ribbon bumper stickers.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 10:11:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This. Don't jerk the smoke wagon until its go time. Doing so at anytime before hand will lead to you having a nice set of shiny bracelets.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 10:12:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Swing and a miss there, Jim

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 10:17:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 10:36:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I love this place.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Chris Williams owns the car that has the anti-Obama sticker on it.

Edward Rodriguez is a veteran.

Edward Rodriguez took offence to the bumper sticker and started shit.

Edward Rodriguez made a verbal threat to Chris Williams.

Some sort of an altercation ensued, it's not clear who started it.

Chris Williams drew his concealed weapon and defended himself.

In the course of defending himself he was able to hold Edward Rodriguez until the police arrived.

The over-reacting police arrested Chris Williams.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Big WTF

ETA: For the idios who cannot read:

A gun ownder who is concealed carrying has an anti obama sticker on his car. FSA member  brings it up to the gun owner in the parking lot.  FSA member says "People like you should be shot". Shoving match occurs... Gun owners pulls CCW and holds FSA member until cops arrive.

Gun owner who was attacked is arrested.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

What the fuck does him being a veteran have to do with anything regarding this story?!?!

Not a fucking thing, aside from a BS ploy for sympathy/credibility.

Fuck that guy.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 10:45:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Gun owner says he doesnt want to discuss politics, FSA member says "People like you should be shot".

Fail.

Rodriguez told police that he wasn’t interested in discussing politics and told Williams, "People like you should be shot," according to police.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 10:51:05 PM EDT
[#32]
How much you want to bet it was one of those One Big Ass Mistake America bumper stickers?
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 10:51:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gun owner says he doesnt want to discuss politics, FSA member says "People like you should be shot".

Fail.

Rodriguez told police that he wasn’t interested in discussing politics and told Williams, "People like you should be shot," according to police.

Well then he was lieing. You dont bring up a political sticker if you not interested in talking politics.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 10:56:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So that's two people on arfcom who understand that.

dunno"people like you should be shot" is a hell of a threat..

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 10:57:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fail.

Well then he was lieing. You dont bring up a political sticker if you not interested in talking politics.

Hey, I am not the one who wrote the article.

Perhaps the reports should have followed the rules of basic journalism 101.

According to police officer friendly Rodriguez told police that "Williams wasn’t interested in discussing politics".
Rodriguez then told Williams, "People like you should be shot".

YMMV
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 10:59:33 PM EDT
[#36]
So your GTG telling people they should be shot.  Oh well, the perp might have been an NRA member.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 11:02:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Try this one on for size:

Rodriguez: "My good fellow, the sticker on your vehicle, I take offense at it, at this point in time I do not want to have a political discussion with you as to why you think the way you do about President Obama, instead I think that people like you should be shot".

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 11:04:54 PM EDT
[#38]
No politics on my truck.

Just my American Flag, Coast Guard Flag, And Gadsden Flag stickers

Oh an ofcourse a dark grey BFL sticker.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 11:06:28 PM EDT
[#39]

and yet Williams is the one that got arrested
someone comes up to you in a parking lot unsolicited, tells you "people like you should be shot" and gets in a shoving match with you it's reasonable to think they might be planning on harming you and ordering them to the ground at gun point until police arrive is also reasonable
hope charges get dropped
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 11:43:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Fox Labs.

Not every tool is appropriate for all situations, so have more than one tool in the box.

If they don't need shootin', give the doofus something to think about, while waiting for the local PD to take the complaint.
It's not unlawfull detention if you're keeping them from staggering into traffic, and keeping them from gouging thier own eyeballs out.

Then there's the art of simply walking the hell away. Dude pulled a massive fail taking the hipster bait.

I also advocate stealth mode. No reason to get the vehicle targeted by some of the Leftist sickos, who are not above filing false complaints and petty vandalism.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 12:08:00 AM EDT
[#41]
What are Williams and Rodrigez screen names?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 12:23:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Fox Labs.

Not every tool is appropriate for all situations, so have more than one tool in the box.

If they don't need shootin', give the doofus something to think about, while waiting for the local PD to take the complaint.
It's not unlawfull detention if you're keeping them from staggering into traffic, and keeping them from gouging thier own eyeballs out.

Then there's the art of simply walking the hell away. Dude pulled a massive fail taking the hipster bait.

I also advocate stealth mode. No reason to get the vehicle targeted by some of the Leftist sickos, who are not above filing false complaints and petty vandalism.

IMHO, those stickers are hipster bait. I don't put stickers on my car for this exact reason. Unsolicited political discussion with strangers. Only true believers are going to care enough to talk to you about a sticker, do you really want to talk to those people?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 2:11:17 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You sir are a retard
Holy Shit.   And you called him a retard.......................

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 2:14:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Dupe from about two weeks ago...x300   LOL
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 2:17:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Sad what this country has become.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 2:24:32 AM EDT
[#46]
"Rodriguez told police that he wasn’t interested in discussing politics and told Williams, "People like you should be shot,""

So the Obama supporter tells the guy that people like him should be shot.

If I was the other guy, I'd be concerned for my safety, hearing a comment like that...and yet the other guy was still arrested.....
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:03:56 AM EDT
[#47]
I got about halfway down and decided to punch out...
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:16:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yep.  Just saw this on the national news (ABC).  The idiot anchor commented "thankfully the police arrived or the victim might have been shot."  Idiots.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:24:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It would have been much better if he had waited until he was nearly unconscious, face down in the parking lot? Anybody that wants to fight someone over a bumper sticker is mentally unhinged.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:27:24 AM EDT
[#50]
What are the chances the media got any of this story straight?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top