Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 11:06:18 PM EDT
One of my best friends killed himself today. Whats worse is I was outside his house when it happened. I have known this guy for 16 years and never once has he ever acted like something like this would happen.

Doctor put him on 2 kinds of anti-depressants at the same time. This has to be the cause of this. He survived hotchkins disease a few years ago and it caused him to have some depression problems.

I have another friend kill himself because of medication a few months ago. This shit sucks.

I just pray to God that it was the medication and that I will see him in heaven someday.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:08:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Very sorry to hear that.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:10:52 PM EDT
[#2]
My sincere condolences, very sorry for all involved

--VT
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:11:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:12:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm so sorry.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:12:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Whats crazy is this guy has sooo many friends. He is the kind of guy that everyone liked. I have a tight knit group of 6 guys I am friends with. This guy probably has 60 people he could call at any given moment and talk to or whatever.

I was there....he should have said something.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:18:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm taking it well. I am horrible with emotional stuff. I feel bad that I am not taking it harder.

I have always been like this. I am horrible because I cannot show emotion and it really takes a lot to get my depressed and whatnot.

Only time I have ever even cried is when my ex left me...its pitiful that I can't shed a tear for my buddy.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:20:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:21:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry man
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:21:43 PM EDT
[#10]
R.I.P Durk...
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:23:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm taking it well. I am horrible with emotional stuff. I feel bad that I am not taking it harder.

I have always been like this. I am horrible because I cannot show emotion and it really takes a lot to get my depressed and whatnot.

Only time I have ever even cried is when my ex left me...its pitiful that I can't shed a tear for my buddy.

I don't see the problem here.

And if you feel guilty about it'll be worse.  Hell, it's obvious you grieve for him. Why get bent up over how you show it?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:26:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey man, the tears come later. But they'll come.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:28:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Do something to make a positive contribution
start a scholarship fund, a charity drive.....something
Pretty big coincidence, today I was thinking about someone
I knew that shot himself 20years ago, It still bothers me.........

eta: it happened the day after I had left the state
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:31:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

First of all, my condolences

I felt that way too, when my godmother died.  It didn't really hit me at first, so I figured that writing it down would help it sink in but it didn't.  I went to work and told my boss I needed the day of the funeral off.  I spent the entire workday spaced out over it.  I told my friends I had to change my plans because I had a funeral to attend, and I just had to hear it for myself to see if it would sink in but it didn't.  I felt horrible that I never went for one last talk when she went into hospice.  I felt horrible that I wasn't crying over it.

Finally that night I just laid on my bed for a little while, cried some and called my friend to see how she was holding up (it was her birthday the day after ).
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:45:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Been there before...In highschool I would pick up a friend every morning. Well, one morning he didn't answer the door. That's because he was hanging from the bannister and couldn't. Anyway, his friends and I decided to celebrate his life. We partied in his honor like he would have liked us to. People have their own way of grieving too. Yours just isn't typical of everyone else. Get his friends together and have a wake and celebrate his life... Laugh, tell funny stories about him and have one in his honor. He probably would've liked to be remembered like that... I know I would rather be remembered by my friends laughing than crying..

Best of luck bro..I know it's tough
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:52:01 PM EDT
[#16]
My mom suffered from severe depression for a few years in my high school days. Every day I would fear leaving the house because I thought she might kill herself. One day, I got pulled out of class by a family member and was told that she found ambulences and fire trucks outside my house on her way home. My heart stopped.

She hadnt killed herself, but she had gone catatonic in the bathroom. It was the scariest moment in my life. She was on some medication at the time.

Depression is a serious fucking thing, and bad prescription is even worse. sometimes she would leave the house and just forget to stop, coming back many hours later. It was all from bad prescription except the first couple months and it lasted upwards of 3 years.

I am sorry for your loss... the medical industry can fuck a lot of shit up.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:13:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You are in shock... relax about it... In time you will find a way to say goodbye and grieve. Unfortunately, with me, when my friend killed himself... it literally hit me 6 years later. My condolences to you and IM me if you need to talk.

DrFrige
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top