Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 3:05:52 PM EDT
Bigscrun took me in this morning to have my last 3 wisdom teeth taken out.  Both bottom ones, and one top one.  Its been almost 7 hours and I'm just starting to get the feeling back in my lower face.  Can't feel my bottom lip, which makes eating/drinking pretty funny!  
Good news is I get all the Ice Cream & Jell-o I can eat for the next few days, plus they gave me some good drugs.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#1]
That's no fun!  I hope you are feeling better soon.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:52:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Good luck and watch out for dry socket! Not even pain medicine will fix that agony. That was 1987, and I can still recall it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Good luck and watch out for dry socket! Not even pain medicine will fix that agony. That was 1987, and I can still recall it.

God I hope not!  I had one taken out about 2 years ago, no problems what so ever.  Keeping my fingers crossed for this time!  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:58:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Feel better soon MrsScrun!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:24:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:23:27 AM EDT
[#6]
You lightweight...over the past few years I've had all 4 wisdom teeth cut out, then one pulled, then another tooth that was in the gum cut out, along with braces.  

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#7]
If you should happen to be afflicted with a dry socket, there is a paste that the dentist can apply to the socket that will give almost instantaneous relief.  If your OMFS didn't explain it, rinse tonight with a 50/50 mix of luke warm water and Hydrogen peroxide solution, or warm salt water.  If you can pick up one of those plastic syringes with the curved tips, starting tomorrow night, irrigate the sockets to keep food and junk out of them.  

If he (or she) didn't give you pain meds (I can't imagine why he wouldn't), take ibuprofen (400mg should do it, depending on your weight, up to 600mg) every six hours whether you have pain or not for a couple days.  

And good luck.  

You may hate us, but we LOVE you,  
Wolffie.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:31:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you should happen to be afflicted with a dry socket, there is a paste that the dentist can apply to the socket that will give almost instantaneous relief.  If your OMFS didn't explain it, rinse tonight with a 50/50 mix of luke warm water and Hydrogen peroxide solution, or warm salt water.  If you can pick up one of those plastic syringes with the curved tips, starting tomorrow night, irrigate the sockets to keep food and junk out of them.  

If he (or she) didn't give you pain meds (I can't imagine why he wouldn't), take ibuprofen (400mg should do it, depending on your weight, up to 600mg) every six hours whether you have pain or not for a couple days.  

And good luck.  

You may hate us, but we LOVE you,  
Wolffie.  

Thanks for the advice!  They did tell us about the salt water mixture, and I got plenty of pain medication.  I've been alternating ibuprofen & vicodin.  Not too much swelling, but my jaw sure does hurt.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:53:38 AM EDT
[#9]
OUCH!!!
Been there done that!

Percocets are a gift from God.
That's all I'm saying.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top