Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2007 6:43:13 PM EDT
LINKY

Author: Philip Atkinson
Source: The Family Security Foundation, Inc.
Date: August 3, 2007

While democratic government is better than dictatorships and theocracies, it has its pitfalls. FSM Contributing Editor Philip Atkinson describes some of the difficulties facing President Bush today.

Conquering the Drawbacks of Democracy

By Philip Atkinson

President George W. Bush is the 43rd President of the United States. He was sworn in for a second term on January 20, 2005 after being chosen by the majority of citizens in America to be president.

Yet in 2007 he is generally despised, with many citizens of Western civilization expressing contempt for his person and his policies, sentiments which now abound on the Internet. This rage at President Bush is an inevitable result of the system of government demanded by the people, which is Democracy.

The inadequacy of Democracy, rule by the majority, is undeniable – for it demands adopting ideas because they are popular, rather than because they are wise. This means that any man chosen to act as an agent of the people is placed in an invidious position: if he commits folly because it is popular, then he will be held responsible for the inevitable result. If he refuses to commit folly, then he will be detested by most citizens because he is frustrating their demands.

When faced with the possible threat that the Iraqis might be amassing terrible weapons that could be used to slay millions of citizens of Western Civilization, President Bush took the only action prudence demanded and the electorate allowed: he conquered Iraq with an army.

This dangerous and expensive act did destroy the Iraqi regime, but left an American army without any clear purpose in a hostile country and subject to attack. If the Army merely returns to its home, then the threat it ended would simply return.

The wisest course would have been for President Bush to use his nuclear weapons to slaughter Iraqis until they complied with his demands, or until they were all dead. Then there would be little risk or expense and no American army would be left exposed. But if he did this, his cowardly electorate would have instantly ended his term of office, if not his freedom or his life.

The simple truth that modern weapons now mean a nation must practice genocide or commit suicide. Israel provides the perfect example. If the Israelis do not raze Iran, the Iranians will fulfill their boast and wipe Israel off the face of the earth. Yet Israel is not popular, and so is denied permission to defend itself. In the same vein, President Bush cannot do what is necessary for the survival of Americans. He cannot use the nation's powerful weapons. All he can do is try and discover a result that will be popular with Americans.

As there appears to be no sensible result of the invasion of Iraq that will be popular with his countrymen other than retreat, President Bush is reviled; he has become another victim of Democracy.

By elevating popular fancy over truth, Democracy is clearly an enemy of not just truth, but duty and justice, which makes it the worst form of government. President Bush must overcome not just the situation in Iraq, but democratic government.

However, President Bush has a valuable historical example that he could choose to follow.

When the ancient Roman general Julius Caesar was struggling to conquer ancient Gaul, he not only had to defeat the Gauls, but he also had to defeat his political enemies in Rome who would destroy him the moment his tenure as consul (president) ended.

Caesar pacified Gaul by mass slaughter; he then used his successful army to crush all political opposition at home and establish himself as permanent ruler of ancient Rome. This brilliant action not only ended the personal threat to Caesar, but ended the civil chaos that was threatening anarchy in ancient Rome – thus marking the start of the ancient Roman Empire that gave peace and prosperity to the known world.

If President Bush copied Julius Caesar by ordering his army to empty Iraq of Arabs and repopulate the country with Americans, he would achieve immediate results: popularity with his military; enrichment of America by converting an Arabian Iraq into an American Iraq (therefore turning it from a liability to an asset); and boost American prestiege while terrifying American enemies.

He could then follow Caesar's example and use his newfound popularity with the military to wield military power to become the first permanent president of America, and end the civil chaos caused by the continually squabbling Congress and the out-of-control Supreme Court.

President Bush can fail in his duty to himself, his country, and his God, by becoming “ex-president” Bush or he can become “President-for-Life” Bush: the conqueror of Iraq, who brings sense to the Congress and sanity to the Supreme Court. Then who would be able to stop Bush from emulating Augustus Caesar and becoming ruler of the world? For only an America united under one ruler has the power to save humanity from the threat of a new Dark Age wrought by terrorists armed with nuclear weapons.

END OF ARTICLE.

Wow, just wow.

I checked out the website and it looks legit.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#1]
OMFG!!!!!1111!!!!(3-2)111!!

Alex Jones, Prison Planet???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 6:45:40 PM EDT
[#2]
After the chest-deep bullsh*t that Bush has had to wade through for the last six years, I'm fairly certain he'll be glad to be out of there.

A job like that can't help but age you... he looks 20 years older than when he started.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Wow, just wow.

Some of those Nigerian scams look legit, too.  How much money have you lost?
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
After the chest-deep bullsh*t that Bush has had to wade through for the last six years, I'm fairly certain he'll be glad to be out of there.

A job like that can't help but age you... he looks 20 years older than when he started.

Yep.  I don't know why anyone would want to be president nowadays.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 6:51:17 PM EDT
[#5]
X1000

What kind of Moonbat could fathom what was said above, let alone publish it?  Any more links to this groups antics?  I would like to know what their real agenda is.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Such a concept is worth consideration solely for the reaction it would provoke at DU.

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 6:55:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 6:55:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 6:55:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
X1000

What kind of Moonbat could fathom what was said above, let alone publish it?  Any more links to this groups antics?  I would like to know what their real agenda is.

I think Cheney is on the Board of this particular group.

Go to the must reads "ABOUT FSM" section  and check out the right column of the page...

EDITED.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 6:58:44 PM EDT
[#10]
It is a legit website.  I can't remember if it was Tom Hartman or Mike Molloy, but I caught a couple minutes of whichever one of them it was frothing at the mouth about it on Air America a few days ago.

Strangely enough, the people at the top are also involved in Operation Straight Up, which is a pseudo-USO organization touring Iraq and A-stan for military personnel.

Just the idea itself of what they're proposing makes my blood boil.  That they're actually serious about it is what truly terrifies me.

I literally cannot comprehend that there are people in this world who honestly, seriously want to have their freedom ripped from them and replaced by the rule of a dictator.

These people must be so completely infatuated with Bush as a person rather than with his leadership or his policies that they sneak into the White House bathrooms and steal his turds for air fresheners.

Those people are flat-out dangerous.  Their loyalty and devotion isn't to America or the idea of America, it's to one person.  That they publicly annouced how their loyalty to a single person totally outweighs their loyalty to America as a country and a belief... well, that speaks volumes about their capabilities for rational thought.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#11]
So, are we creating a 51st state for our illegal immigrants to populate?  Would it be a state or a colony?

Never mind.  Bush for life would suc!
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It is a legit website.  I can't remember if it was Tom Hartman or Mike Molloy, but I caught a couple minutes of whichever one of them it was frothing at the mouth about it on Air America a few days ago.

Strangely enough, the people at the top are also involved in Operation Straight Up, which is a pseudo-USO organization touring Iraq and A-stan for military personnel.

Just the idea itself of what they're proposing makes my blood boil.  That they're actually serious about it is what truly terrifies me.

I literally cannot comprehend that there are people in this world who honestly, seriously want to have their freedom ripped from them and replaced by the rule of a dictator.

These people must be so completely infatuated with Bush as a person rather than with his leadership or his policies that they sneak into the White House bathrooms and steal his turds for air fresheners.

Those people are flat-out dangerous.  Their loyalty and devotion isn't to America or the idea of America, it's to one person.  That they publicly annouced how their loyalty to a single person totally outweighs their loyalty to America as a country and a belief... well, that speaks volumes about their capabilities for rational thought.

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:09:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, just wow.

Some of those Nigerian scams look legit, too.  How much money have you lost?

Good one.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:15:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Getting worked up about an article found in Google cache...now THAT takes a special kind of stupid.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm kinda new here but I'm positive this isn't a democracy, with majority rule.

It's a Constitutional Republic specifically designed to prevent majority rule.

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:20:00 PM EDT
[#16]
You know, I think I'm going to print this article out.
I'm low on toilet paper.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#17]
The pic of the mother and son in the urban surrounding with the American Security bullshit as a logo looks to be right out of Joseph Geobbels' playbook!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:23:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:23:01 PM EDT
[#19]
I think that would be a bad Idea
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Fuck that and I’m republican.  I wouldn't want anyone in the Whitehouse for life, unless it was me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:27:39 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
...I think...

Liar.

...Cheney is on the Board of this particular group.

No he isn't. And what makes your crazy little statement all the more pathetic is that you tell people exactly where to look to prove that he isn't.

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#23]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

................................................................................

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Tinfoil people, add another layer!It will stop the voices.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Fucking Moonbats

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Jeebus!

BDS= Bush Derangement Syndrome has hit arfcom big time. Must be all the Alex Jones/Ron Paul fan-boys.

The fact that I have ownage of page 2 is further proof of the conspiracy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top