Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2007 3:02:55 PM EDT
 The reform jerks tout these 65% want illegals to have chance at citizenship.
 At work or anyone I know does not want them to have amnesty or whatever it is called now.  Are these numbers for real or do they spin the questions to get the result they want?
 Do they conduct polls outside Home  Depot's or street corners with day laborers?
 Anyone have something to refute these claims, or maybe they are right.  I doubt it tho.  If they are lying about this support from Americans for reform garbage, it will just be the next lie after the, 'we cannot enforce the law. We must build major new goverment trashheap to enforce, and you must accept your new permanent  
'immigrants'.

Link Posted: 6/15/2007 3:25:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Majority of americans favor amnesty? BULLSHIT they do!!! I don't by that for a New York second!!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 3:29:44 PM EDT
[#2]
It is a F N lie!

We do not!
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 3:30:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Majority of americans favor amnesty? BULLSHIT they do!!! I don't by that for a New York second!!!

NO SHIT!!!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 3:33:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
 The reform jerks tout these 65% want illegals to have chance at citizenship.
 At work or anyone I know does not want them to have amnesty or whatever it is called now.  Are these numbers for real or do they spin the questions to get the result they want?
 Do they conduct polls outside Home  Depot's or street corners with day laborers?
 Anyone have something to refute these claims, or maybe they are right.  I doubt it tho.  If they are lying about this support from Americans for reform garbage, it will just be the next lie after the, 'we cannot enforce the law. We must build major new goverment trashheap to enforce, and you must accept your new permanent  
'immigrants'.

Depends on the question asked...

For example, if by 'chance at citizenship', you mean 'Go home before you get caught and get in line with everyone else' then yes, most Americans would support that...

Most are anti ILLEGAL immigration, not anti-immigration...

However, when the word 'Amnesty', or the concept of them NOT having to go back on their own and apply the right way comes up the poll numbers are drastically different...

Polls are ALL 100% tied to how the question is phrased and what other info the questioner gives out....
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 3:33:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Lies of the media. The corporate news networks are hard at work!!! If only the film Fight Club could be a reality...
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 3:38:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I was talking to someone about this and she was for amnesty - until I pointed out that it was a slap in the face to everyone who followed the legal channels of immigration and it allowed any joe schmuck ass-hat in the country regardless of how little they had to contribute.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 3:40:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't favor any amnesty for any illegals!  They're not immigrants, they're illegal.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#8]
The majority of Americans are ignorant. Just take a drive thru town.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Lies of the media. The corporate news networks are hard at work!!! If only the film Fight Club could be a reality...
i AM tyler durden
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#10]
There is No way. I know of no one, on any level that wants this.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#11]
You can make a poll go anyway you want by how you structure the questions.

Keep in mind that most folks polled are those that have land line phones and listed phone numbers that are not on the "do-not call registry."

Who fits the above category? Mostly really old folks that take the time to talk to pollsters.

Link Posted: 6/15/2007 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Total bull shit, everyone I talk to wants them to go back where they came from.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Even the liberals I know want to throw them out.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 4:42:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Total bull shit, everyone I talk to wants them to go back where they came from.

Link Posted: 6/15/2007 4:44:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Repeat the lie often enough and a percentage of the peons will begin to accept it as truth.

We may be rapidly approaching the very circumstance the founding fathers forsaw when they were adamant that the "right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed " be placed into the Bill of Rights.

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#17]
This should do.  From a conservative columnist at a Liberal newspaper.
]
sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/a/2007/06/14/EDGGTP3G791.DTL

And here's something the New York Times story forgot to mention: Its poll also found that 69 percent of Americans think illegal immigrants should be prosecuted and deported.
No story there, I see.
Pollster Scott Rasmussen found that 50 percent of voters opposed the immigration bill; only 23 percent approved of it.
"The immigration bill failed because a broad cross-section of the American people is opposed to it," Rasmussen wrote. "Republicans, Democrats and unaffiliated voters are opposed. Men are opposed. So are women. The young don't like it; neither do the no-longer-young. White Americans are opposed. Americans of color are opposed."

People for it?  Hardly.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:15:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I seriously doubt those "facts".
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:16:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I support amnysty!
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I support amnesty!

( had to fix that spelling for ya )

Me too but only for machine guns.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Every single person I've talked to about this agrees, illegal immigration is a problem. I talk about this subject a lot, seeing how it's quite possibly the most important issue of our time.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Rasmussen poll said only 23 % support the bill , not the majorty in my book.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Rasmussen poll said only 23 % support the bill , not the majorty in my book.

Yes BUT:

Contrary to what most here think a 'Amnesty' bill that included real requirements before citizen ship like a real application process, learning English, ect. could get broad support IF the American public were convinced that REAL and effective border security were included in the bill.

American DO NOT support the bill in its current form.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#24]
So many polls, so little time, the media is "distorting", as usual
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=587877
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#25]
They want to let the criminals stay too. BULLSHIT!
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:40:27 PM EDT
[#26]
No chance that is correct. Americans want them out. Some want worse than out.

ETA: All your illegal day laborers can cut my lawn por la pagina dos.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Just to let you know that day laborers are lazy and dont ever finish the job.Most of them walk off after 1 hour if they dont like the job.There are getting picky about what they do now So to all the day laborers, you can go home now we dont you need you!
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#28]
The majority of Americans favor immigration reform.

Since amnesty is a type of immigration reform, the politicians are spinning the support for immigration reform to indicate public for their planned amnesty program.

Makes as much sense as if Al Qaeda were to cite American support for the elimination of anti-American terrorism as evidence that Al Qaeda should kill Americans, because if there are no more Americans against which to carry out terrorist attacks, anti-American terrorism is be eliminated.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 9:43:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 9:56:17 PM EDT
[#30]
House votes against emergency funds to "sanctuary" cities.

hotair.com/archives/2007/06/15/shock-house-passes-tancredo-measure-to-deny-emergency-funds-to-sanctuary-cities/

The House gets it a bit better.  Not sure how, or if. the two can reconcile.  Tancredo tossed a monkey wrench into this craptastic amnesty turd polishing contest.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 10:05:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Not only do I not support amnesty, I think any illegal we catch should be tagged and we should make sure they NEVER gain citizenship in our great country.

I don't see how letting someone that we know has contempt for the rule of law to become a citizen is a good idea. I don't really care if they didn't break any other law. Contempt for the law is contempt for the law.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 10:08:57 PM EDT
[#32]
ETA:  I'm sick of the immigration threads.  I can't believe how much time and money I've spent doing it legally.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 10:14:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Even if it was true; so what?  The majority of Americans probably favor abolishing income tax.  Since when has the government listened to the majority?  Why would they start now even if it were true?

Beccause a significant portion of that 'majority' would still expect to get their welfare & SS checks, and the rest of their 'free' government cheese... But of course they support not having to pay it - even though most of them don't anyways....

Fortunately few of this type can manage to put down the remote & potato-chips long enough to go vote...

Sometimes apathy is a good thing...
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 10:16:11 PM EDT
[#34]

And I do too.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 11:16:21 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I was talking to someone about this and she was for amnesty - until I pointed out that it was a slap in the face to everyone who followed the legal channels of immigration and it allowed any joe schmuck ass-hat in the country regardless of how little they had to contribute.

Unfortunate that such basic logical observations escape so many.  I find the same to ring true regarding support for the Billary out of a sole desire to see a woman in the House.  Such novelty of thought where life-important decisions are concerned are clusterfucks in the making.  Head-in-the-ass syndrome is becoming a pandemic in this country.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 11:27:38 PM EDT
[#36]
And there are still people in here that do not believe there is a grand conspiracy to dominate the USA and the world. The proof is all around us people. They are getting more and more panicked because people are waking up, these outright lies are indicative of how they play the game. Even Ron Paul says much information related to legislation he is asked to vote on is withheld from himself and many other Congressman. He says we are being duped on every issue.

They are bent on taking down the borders of the USA and destroying our sovereignty and the Constitution, particularly the 1st, 2nd, and 4th amendments.

In spite of the futility, I wrote many letters to my representatives against the amnesty bill, but in my heart I know they will do just as they want.

Next week I am going to Capitol Hill to scream at my senators. They have gone too far.

Now all we need is a Revolution!  
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 11:43:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
And there are still people in here that do not believe there is a grand conspiracy to dominate the USA and the world. The proof is all around us people. They are getting more and more panicked because people are waking up, these outright lies are indicative of how they play the game. Even Ron Paul says much information related to legislation he is asked to vote on is withheld from himself and many other Congressman. He says we are being duped on every issue.

They are bent on taking down the borders of the USA and destroying our sovereignty and the Constitution, particularly the 1st, 2nd, and 4th amendments.

In spite of the futility, I wrote many letters to my representatives against the amnesty bill, but in my heart I know they will do just as they want.

Next week I am going to Capitol Hill to scream at my senators. They have gone too far.

Page 2 and we've already gone from common sense to tinfoil...

Link Posted: 6/16/2007 2:53:08 AM EDT
[#38]
I don`t think i`ve seen any polls for this amnesty bill. They were everywhere for gun bans after the VT massacre.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 11:33:21 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 on Bullshit.

Prop 187 here in "liberal" CA won by a freaking landslide. It was the courts that overturned it.

Yeah, seems like all the anti-illegal-"immigrant" votes done by Citizens PASS
(then federal judges step in and render them invalid.......for invalid reasons)
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 11:40:51 AM EDT
[#40]
What exactly is included in the "emergency" funds that they would cut off? Money for medical services?
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 11:48:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Ehh , gather enough sneaky pollsters and you could convince "the majority of Americans" that it's a good idea to outlaw WATER. Just ask Pen&Teller. Sadly , the majority of Americans will believe anything the media tells them , and are very easily fooled into "joining a cause" by no more than a thinly veiled sales pitch. This is the America we live in today.
Why do you think "the majority of Americans" want to make millions of peaceful , law abiding gun owners into criminals , while the same "majority of Americans" wants to make millions of criminals into citizens?
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Page 2 and we've already gone from common sense to tinfoil...

It aint tinfoil.

Link Posted: 6/16/2007 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#43]
I've never seen such blatant disregard w/ in the represenative branch for the public & the general welfare - ever.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 2:12:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
You can make a poll go anyway you want by how you structure the questions.

Keep in mind that most folks polled are those that have land line phones and listed phone numbers that are not on the "do-not call registry."

Who fits the above category? Mostly really old folks that take the time to talk to pollsters.

+1

Just like the Bradys can say "the majority of Americans favor guin control" because they ask if you want violent felons or criminally insane people to have unlimited access to firearms.

They don't have an answer option of "lock them up", so, if you agree that there should be some restrictions, you're in favor of gun control.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
What exactly is included in the "emergency" funds that they would cut off? Money for medical services?

Here's the answer from Tancredo's web-site.  Not a lot but it's still stunning to see these large cities told FU

"Tancredo Amendment to Cut Funding for Sanctuary Cities Passes with Strong Bipartisan Support

“The times, they are a changing.” – Rep. Tancredo

(WASHINGTON, D.C.) – U.S. Representative Tom Tancredo’s (R-CO) amendment to cut funding from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Bill (H.R. 2638) for cities that employ a sanctuary policy passed the House with strong bipartisan support today; 234 to 189.

“The times, they are a changing,” said an exuberant Tancredo, who had introduced the same amendment several times in the past with far less support.  “This should also serve as a warning sign to the White House and supporters of re-introducing an amnesty bill from the Senate.  If that legislation makes it to the House, it is in serious trouble.”

The Amendment would prevent cities like Denver and San Francisco who employ a sanctuary policy for illegal aliens from receiving first responder funds, including law enforcement and terrorism prevention grants, among other programs.

Tancredo concluded, “The days that local officials could pander to the open borders special interests are over.”
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top