Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 3:18:12 PM EDT
My roommate has orders to PCS to Alaska. It's too late to set it up to have the movers take the guns and he has too many to take on a plane. I've heard it's legal to mail guns to yourself, but dealers tell me you can't. His parents live in Alaska now, could he mail them to himself in care of his parents (or send UPS/FedEx in the case of his handguns)? Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
No change of ownership, perfectly legal.

Did the same thing when I was "in".
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:27:16 PM EDT
[#2]
The difficult part is finding a carrier that will let you do it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:27:43 PM EDT
[#3]
i got orders to Japan and Im mailing all my guns back to my fathers house while im there, cant have firearms in Japan;(
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, I did not know that you can do that. Very good to know, since I might be moving soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top