Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 12:47:47 PM EDT
Any of you former juvenile delinquents play mailbox baseball? You know drive around and wack mailboxes with a baseball bat while driving by at high speed?

I don't why I'm remembering these stupids kid stunts. Must be post tramatic stress syndrome or the beers kicking in.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#1]
uh, me.

got caught, too

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:50:00 PM EDT
[#2]
i never really got into pointless, blatant acts of vandalism when i was a kid. you were probably the type of asshole that went around shooting out car windows with pellet guns. as long as you're shooting bad guys with real bullets these days i will forgive the transgressions of your youth.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#3]
yesh, I did that too
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:53:00 PM EDT
[#4]

i never really got into pointless, blatant acts of vandalism when i was a kid. you were probably the type of asshole that went around shooting out car windows with pellet guns.

You really need to lighten the f*ck up. Because I did this once when I was 15, I'm an asshole at 41? What did you do on the weekends, practice the accordian for the scholl band?

Oh, yeah, sorry about your mailbox.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#5]
No but I helped build a mailbox fashioned from 3/8" steel, painted to resemble a standard mailbox, attached to steel tube and set in a 1/2 cubic yrd of concrete. The steel tube covered by 2 halves of a hollowed out round post.

It took a while before realizing the effectiveness of this invention. Small marks on the mailbox, auto glass and bent or broken bats are the evidence.

Cruel...yes it is

MT
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

i never really got into pointless, blatant acts of vandalism when i was a kid. you were probably the type of asshole that went around shooting out car windows with pellet guns.

You really need to lighten the f*ck up. Because I did this once when I was 15, I'm an asshole at 41? What did you do on the weekends, practice the accordian for the scholl band?

notoce i said "were", not "are." lighten up.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:00:48 PM EDT
[#8]
That is until your neighbor builds one of these........

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:02:24 PM EDT
[#9]

As funny as it may seem, it isn't funny to someone that has had to replace their mailbox, not to mention that it is a felony.

May future players find a double lined and disguised concrete mailbox one day.  Then you can explain to the police why your forearms are broken in the middle of the night, while the nurse explains about pain making you humble.  I have made this happen.

It doesn't make you an asshole at 40.  It makes you an asshole when you commit this senseless crime of vandalism, kinda like tagging stop signs and fences.  Senseless, mindless, assholio.  It ranks right up there with molesting small animals and starting fires.  

I clean all of the tagging I see in my 'hood.  I find no humor in it.  

I also did not partake in such acts as a youth.  Integrity is bone deep.  If you stood here in front of me and told me you, personally, in your youth had bashed my mailbox, I would definately lighten up for you.  It wasn't cute when you were 15 and it isn't cute now.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:04:01 PM EDT
[#10]
There was a kid from Santa Fe, Texas (small town USA) that was doing this with his buddies on back rural roads........

.......driver got a little too close and lets just say the mailbox delivered this time.
Darwin Semi Finalist (RIP)
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:04:19 PM EDT
[#11]
did it twice when i was 14, had one old man who lived down the road who ran over my dog...bashed his mailbox once...waited 2 weeks, went back and as i hit his mailbox three tracers arced over the hood of my friends truck.  Never did it again to ANYONE...ended up bein a hell of a man.  Died about 2 years ago, i was a pall bearer.  Taught me a lesson though...AK
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:05:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Kids don't ball bat ours anymore, they literally blow em up now.

- BG

(I've done some stupid shit, but not by messing with private property)
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:09:12 PM EDT
[#13]
We did lawn jobs on people that were not friendly.  We would run over their grass.  It was went one night and the car got stuck.  Took a lot of us to get it out but didnt get caught.  The Front end was just all mud. Took it to the do it yourseld car wash and got everything off.  Cops even drove by to see what we were doing.

My buddy got his bashed in on a regular basis so he got a set of car springs and welded his steel mail box post to it.  The mail box was also solid thick sheet metal.  Also a lot of glass a debris by his mailbox but he never got it damaged again.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:09:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I've never screwed with anyones' mailbox or car (well, one guy's car, but he deserved it - and it was nothing damaging to the car).

I have shot out windows (with a pellet rifle) on an old, old, old shack. I don't know who owned it, but it didn't have any use for decades.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#15]
no but I did put dry ice in 2 liter bottles.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:03:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Mail boxes were not on the curb in my town as a kid.

We tore up just about everything esle in town though.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:22:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Any of you former juvenile delinquents play mailbox baseball? You know drive around and wack mailboxes with a baseball bat while driving by at high speed?

I don't why I'm remembering these stupids kid stunts. Must be post tramatic stress syndrome or the beers kicking in.

Could be you're remembering it because "Stand By Me" was on TBS this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:23:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yep.  Used either a bat or a shovel, depending on what was available when the idea struck.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
As funny as it may seem, it isn't funny to someone that has had to replace their mailbox, not to mention that it is a felony.
Most things that are REALLY funny are. What's your point?

I also did not partake in such acts as a youth.  Integrity is bone deep.  If you stood here in front of me and told me you, personally, in your youth had bashed my mailbox, I would definately lighten up for you.   I'd PAY to see that. It wasn't cute when you were 15 and it isn't cute now.  

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:29:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.  Used either a bat or a shovel, depending on what was available when the idea struck.

When you are really creative, you pull up one mailbox... drive down the road a ways until you find a spot where there are several mailboxes grouped together... then a buddy stands in the back bed of the truck and throws the up-rooted mailbox at the group and takes all of them out at once.

I never did this myself but I have been there when it happened.  I have also seen pumpkins thrown at mailboxes, watermelons, cinder blocks, road kill, etc.

Probably the funniest prank I ever heard of was when several of my high school buddies caught a live opossum and put it in someone's mailbox!!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:32:20 PM EDT
[#21]
reminds me of a funny story.  My friend and I were driving down the highway in my '71 Torino.  He was drunk, I had drank one or two.  He sees these barricades on the side of the road (you know, the water-filled barrels with the flashing light on top?) and decides he has to take out the lights.  So he's leaning out the window while I'm doing 60 and he whacks one or two of the lights off the top.  The last one he goes for he hits the plastic part of the top of the barrel and the pipe bounces back and catches him in the side of the head.  It didn't open him up, but he was howling & crying like crazy.  I nearly pissed myself laughing so hard.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Norman....

Next time you see Travis B ask him about mailbox baseball...he'll shit his pants

Let's just say this.....a chrysler cordova CAN do a pretty good 180 while driving in reverse at 45 mph in a residential neighborhood.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:45:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Up here the county government plays mailbox baseball for the kids.

Some kids got hurt ramming those brick mailboxes so the county road commission went around and ordered people, mostly in subdivisions, to replace their brick mailboxes with breakaway ones. Most people refused and the county filed in district court for court orders to remove dangerous structures from the road right of way. The hearing date is not for a few weeks, so the county took a plow around last Friday evening and knocked them all down without waiting for that legal BS.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:27:35 PM EDT
[#24]
No, but I chucked a 40 pound rock at a mailbox from a car traveling at 70 MPH. It not only flattened the mailbox, it broke the 4x4" post off at the ground. Drove back by the next morning and the box had been knocked about 35 feet.

Believe me, the guy had it coming.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:32:20 PM EDT
[#25]
[former mischevious self]

Circa 1992, I remember a friend hanging out the back window of my car, which was being driven at a high rate of speed.

He gripped an empty Liter bottle of Jim Beam and took a good hard swing at a mailbox....didn't budge the mailbox, but we had to pick glass out of his eyes. Ouch.

[/former mischevious self]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:38:12 PM EDT
[#26]
We had a box ball player around here, a few folks put bottles of drain cleaner in theirs with the tops off. Haven't had anyone wanting to come to the plate lately.
Mysteriously the town mayors kid and some of his buddies went to the hospital due to chemical burns, they never did explain how they got them.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:40:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Nope, worst thing we did was go around putting frogs in people's boxes.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
No, but I chucked a 40 pound rock at a mailbox from a car traveling at 70 MPH. It not only flattened the mailbox, it broke the 4x4" post off at the ground. Drove back by the next morning and the box had been knocked about 35 feet.

Believe me, the guy had it coming.

been there/seen that
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top