Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2008 1:50:11 PM EDT
I  just wanted to share in the wealth. With the price of oil going up, this stock is also going up.

I bought 125 shares at 2.50 two days ago and made a little money. Perhaps this is  a good investment for everyone? Price is about 3.18 right now.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 2:35:58 PM EDT
[#1]
tempting but my money is not going into the stockmarket any time soon...
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 5:37:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Ugh.  A thinly traded penny stock.  These usually get pumped up, and fall right back down.
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 5:04:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ugh.  A thinly traded penny stock.  These usually get pumped up, and fall right back down.

+1  Its also a BB stock which means it gets much less scrutiny from the SEC than those listed on NASDAQ or NYSE. Put another way, more likely to be fraud than not.  I've had enough experiences with these types of stocks to never again venture into them. And thats even though I have made money from them (and many people do).   They are very unpredictable and subject to manipulation....no thanks!
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 6:33:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A good stock for ARFCOMer's to buy?

Perhaps this is a good investment for everyone?

on what basis do you make this statement?

it sounds completely silly, it really does.
are you a paid part (shill) of the pump-and-dump scheme or what?

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 11:53:21 AM EDT
[#5]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

ar-jedi

Wow. Didnt' know you were so full of piss and vinager.

Just wanted to make a recommendation and you bite my head off for it.  

Damn

Just damn.
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  Its also a BB stock which means it gets much less scrutiny from the SEC than those listed on NASDAQ or NYSE. Put another way, more likely to be fraud than not.  I've had enough experiences with these types of stocks to never again venture into them. And thats even though I have made money from them (and many people do).   They are very unpredictable and subject to manipulation....no thanks!

Ok. Thanks for the tip. I'll keep an eye on it. I'll make my money and then be on my way.

Reminds me of the movie Boiler Room.
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 9:51:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I see no problem discussing what equities you own, buy or sell. If we didn't do that we'd have nothing to discuss.

But recommending that others do so is generally considered bad form among investors.

Having said that, I'm glad you made some $$.

Thank you. I found a stock where one could make a little money and I wanted to share that info with all the other arfcom'ers as well.
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 7:42:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Penny stocks are fun to gamble with but I wouldn't go overboard with them. I was trading a penny stock that made fresh water from sea water along with a guy I worked with. We both made some good money, but he kept dumping more and more into it and at one point was up 40k. Within a week it was all gone. The company phone was disconnected and there was no trace of them.
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

But recommending that others do so is generally considered bad form among investors.

At least without some factual research to back it up.
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 2:56:46 PM EDT
[#11]
If you want to continue making money with it, see if you can short it.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 3:24:19 PM EDT
[#12]
just my opinion here, but if you want to invest in oil right now, you are not using your head... Yes, I sell a commodities mutual fund that is up 15% YTD. But I would not buy it right now.  I am more of a contrairian investor.  Buy what no one else is buying.  Get more shares cheaper, then you are already on the train when it leaves the station instead of trying to chase it down the tracks...
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 6:44:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
just my opinion here, but if you want to invest in oil right now, you are not using your head... Yes, I sell a commodities mutual fund that is up 15% YTD. But I would not buy it right now.  I am more of a contrairian investor.  Buy what no one else is buying.  Get more shares cheaper, then you are already on the train when it leaves the station instead of trying to chase it down the tracks...

What fund?  And your verbage confuses me.  You sell a commodities fund - meaning you're a broker that can only sell your company's funds or something else?
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 10:37:10 AM EDT
[#14]
KYUS article

Notice the bad shape of the financial statements and the note to contact the SEC.  Not good...

Link Posted: 5/27/2008 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Good old 'pump and dump'.

Last one out is a looser.
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 2:41:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Just wanted to make a recommendation and you bite my head off for it.  

you call it a "recommendation" without doing a lick of research?  

in the middle of the word "recommendation" is "commend", which implies that there is some merit to it.

just a few moments using Google would have told you that you were damn lucky to actually make $88 on this POS "stock".  it is a classic pump-and-dump scheme, with more spent on marketing the stock than actually developing a product or service.

www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=KYUS+stock+scam&btnG=Search

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 5/28/2008 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow, I always wondered if anyone actually paid attention to those spammed stocks.  We probably get 6 to 8 "stock spam" faxes every day at work.  I can't believe anybody would invest in a stock based on a recommendation from an anonymous fax or e-mail.

I guess they work.

-James
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 1:09:17 PM EDT
[#18]
It is amazing how many people do actually pay attention to the marketing material without pulling up the 10-K.  Even more amazing is that a lot of them manage to actually make money.  Castles in the air.  There is always a bigger fool out there you can unload the stock on at least until the music stops.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:31:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
There is always a bigger fool out there you can unload the stock on at least until the music stops.

down more than 30% since the OP's recommendation...

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There is always a bigger fool out there you can unload the stock on at least until the music stops.

down more than 30% since the OP's recommendation...

www.timothysykes.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/scam-dump.png

ar-jedi

Oh I know, this was a classic pump and dump. $50,000 in assets, 3 employees, and $2.5 million spent in advertising suggests a company not long for this world.  But I bet some people made a killing on it even so.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:33:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I  just wanted to share in the wealth. With the price of oil going up, this stock is also going up.

I bought 125 shares at 2.50 two days ago and made a little money. Perhaps this is  a good investment for everyone? Price is about 3.18 right now.

down 55% since the original post.

finance.yahoo.com/q?s=KYUS.OB

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ar-jedi

I think we now have our answer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top