Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 1:45:32 PM EDT
Looks like Dick might be an AR15.com  member:

Dick Cheney is a proud gun owner and hunter.
In April the Vice President addressed the NRA to wild cheers and acknowledged his own interest in guns.
But a source close to the White House tells NewsMax that Dick Cheney is a true gun aficionado.
Cheney's collection, our sources say, is in the hundreds of guns, including pistols, shotguns and machine guns -- from antique Thompsons to the most modern European automatic machine guns.
To let off some steam (God knows he has some to let off these days), the Vice President has been known to go out to the federal training center in Maryland where the Secret Service does its own gun practice.
A typical Cheney visit, told to us by a person who attended one, included the Vice President bringing some 30 guns from his own collection.
On the ranger, Cheney would blow away his targets -- with Thompson machine guns, the latest German and Austrian machine guns, Lugars, MP5s, shot guns, you name it.
One after another an aide would hand the Vice President his latest armament, and Cheney would fire away, no doubt imagining al-Qaeda terrorists in his gun sights.
We're told Cheney is a good shot to boot.
Cheney is not shy about his shooting activities. Another Cheney friend tells us that at the Cheneys' Christmas party last year he showcased to guests a video of himself shooting while hunting.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:48:19 PM EDT
[#1]
if this is true, it's amazing the mainstream press hasn't caught on.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
...  In April the Vice President addressed the NRA to wild cheers and acknowledged his own interest in guns...

A reference to his speech at the NRA Annual Convention, which was IMHO excellent.

Very pro-gun.  I don't know about his personal collection as mentioned above, but it sure wouldn't surprise me...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#3]
WOw, it must be awesome to be him.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:58:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Cheney '08
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
WOw, it must be awesome to be him.

well, except for the monthly heart problems.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:58:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Cheney for president.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Kickass.  I like the guy even more now.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Man taking out 30 guns in one range trip???

That is a lot of cleaning....wonder if his aides do it for him?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:00:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:01:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

In April the Vice President addressed the NRA to wild cheers and acknowledged his own interest in guns.
But a source close to the White House tells NewsMax that Dick Cheney is a true gun aficionado.
Cheney's collection, our sources say, is in the hundreds of guns, including pistols, shotguns and machine guns -- from antique Thompsons to the most modern European automatic machine guns.
To let off some steam (God knows he has some to let off these days), the Vice President has been known to go out to the federal training center in Maryland where the Secret Service does its own gun practice.
A typical Cheney visit, told to us by a person who attended one, included the Vice President bringing some 30 guns from his own collection.
On the ranger, Cheney would blow away his targets -- with Thompson machine guns, the latest German and Austrian machine guns, Lugars, MP5s, shot guns, you name it.
One after another an aide would hand the Vice President his latest armament, and Cheney would fire away, no doubt imagining al-Qaeda terrorists in his gun sights.
Cheney is not shy about his shooting activities. Another Cheney friend tells us that at the Cheneys' Christmas party last year he showcased to guests a video of himself shooting while hunting.

Too bad we can't get the most modern European  automatic machine guns.

I guess being connected has it's rewards.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:02:16 PM EDT
[#11]
If only we could have a president, a congress and a house with a majority of people who enjoyed firearms like that.....think of the possabilities.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:02:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Cheney for president.

Only with a very good Veep...  

(re: his age & health)
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:05:20 PM EDT
[#13]
So he's the one who cleaned out the local shop!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Given how much money he has, I suspect that he has an FFL and gets "Dealer Samples" or something like that.  I doubt that a guy with that many enemies would try to pull a schenanigan on something like this.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:09:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Cheney '08

Nice idea, but it won't happen.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:12:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:13:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:15:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I'm gonna guess the bonehead reporter that wrote the article is just mistaken.  Connected or not, you can't get past the GCA of 68.

Maybe he's an SOT provider for the Secret Squirrels.
"Agent, rustle me up a dealer sample request for a G-36. And make it snappy!"
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
if this is true, it's amazing the mainstream press hasn't caught on.

i wish they did...and then maybe the libbies could soil themselves
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Given how much money he has, I suspect that he has an FFL and gets "Dealer Samples" or something like that.  I doubt that a guy with that many enemies would try to pull a schenanigan on something like this.

I'm gonna guess the bonehead reporter that wrote the article is just mistaken.  Connected or not, you can't get past the GCA of 68.

Well, given that we have had an allegedly conservative majority and an allegedly conservative president for five years now, we should be talking about the ban in the past tense.  If they were really conservative, of course.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:40:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a sad day in America if the Vice President doesn't have enough clout to get around a law like that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:45:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Cheney and Bush should have been reversed on the ticket.  He pulls all the strings anyways.  Plus he can articulate a simple sentence to boot.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:45:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

No kidding!!  The four that I take shooting keeps me busy the rest of the evening.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

If I had his cash all mag-loading and gun-cleaning would be done by naked strippers.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:47:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
It's a sad day in America if the Vice President doesn't have enough clout to get around a law like that.

someone not abusing his position is a bad thing?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cheney '08

Nice idea, but it won't happen.

Yeah.  Helen Thomas would commit suicide.

Oh, wait....
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:It's a sad day in America if the Vice President doesn't have enough clout to get around a law like that.

Why should he be able to get around it?  He's not LEO Active LEO with a Dept. issued weapon or military Active military with a Govt. issued weapon.  No reason HE should be able to while I can't.

Just for clarity.

BTW - I agree
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:52:50 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:It's a sad day in America if the Vice President doesn't have enough clout to get around a law like that.

Why should he be able to get around it?  He's not LEO or military.  No reason HE should be able to while I can't.

Because he is the Vice President of the United States of America.  That makes him the second most powerful person in the world.  If a person in that position can't have some special priviledges then we have become something that I don't like.  Remember seeing the picture of JFK with the M-16 while he was out in his boat?  You think he jumped through all the hoops to get it?  I don't think so, but I have been wrong before.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#30]
From what I've heard he has a few NFA Stamps. If that is the case I'm sure that he had to apply like everyone else. I'm guessing he did not have to wait like the rest of us.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:28:24 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, given that we have had an allegedly conservative majority and an allegedly conservative president for five years now, we should be talking about the ban in the past tense.  If they were really conservative, of course.

All the more reason it is truly disheartening for there to be nothing done to curb the abuses, and rein in the revenuers by someone who SHOULD know better, and is in a position to fix the problems.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:32:28 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
When his heart goes, I want to be at the estate sale.

Is that too mercenary?

No
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#33]
He is probably not even aware about how screwed up the ATFE NFA Branch is. But if he knew what would he do to fix it?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
He is probably not even aware about how screwed up the ATFE NFA Branch is. But if he knew what would he do to fix it?

More than Jorge would (and Cheney couldn't do squat if he wanted to).  Aside from casting tie breaking votes and going to funerals, what power does the VP have anyhow?  He can advise the Pres, but he can't make law or executive decisions like the Pres can.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Where do I apply to be one of Cheney's personal aides?

The mag loading, weapon testing, gunsmithing, gun cleaning aid that gets paid well to play with NFA stuff all day.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Yippee.

At least as President of the Senate he could break a tie if a repeal of the NFA was stuck at 50/50.

Not that any such legislation would ever make it that far anyways...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:06:01 PM EDT
[#37]
But he is a powerful person who can have a lot of influence. He has the presidents ear.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#38]

most modern European automatic machine guns

how exactly?
FFL?
don't FFL's these days have to have a place of business of the ATF won't give/renew a license?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
If only we could have a president, a congress and a house with a majority of people who enjoyed firearms like that.....think of the possabilities.

I'd be happy if they'd just uphold the Constitution.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:55:30 PM EDT
[#40]
I know some of his family was at a place near me that offered sporting clays on a 5000 acre farm. I don't know if Mr. VP was there with them though at that time.

I'd have liked to have met him while at Oak Ridge if he was there with them though.

Danny
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:28:35 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why should he be able to get around it?  He's not LEO or military.  No reason HE should be able to while I can't.

Because he is the Vice President of the United States of America.  That makes him the second most powerful person in the world.  If a person in that position can't have some special priviledges then we have become something that I don't like.  Remember seeing the picture of JFK with the M-16 while he was out in his boat?  You think he jumped through all the hoops to get it?  I don't think so, but I have been wrong before.

the only hoop back then was a $200 tax, which for a kennedy is like pocket lint
the pres and vp getting around laws just because they can stinks a little too much of monarchy for my tastes
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:05:07 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BS.  The reason the constitution was written was to prevent the people in power from having any special priviledges over the people.  If he wants to shoot SS weapons on the SS range, or do the same with the Marines or something, I'll grant him that as a perk of the job.  But private ownership and importation of stuff that I can't have?  Fuck that noise.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:08:40 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BS.  The reason the constitution was written was to prevent the people in power from having any special priviledges over the people.  If he wants to shoot SS weapons on the SS range, or do the same with the Marines or something, I'll grant him that as a perk of the job.  But private ownership and importation of stuff that I can't have?  Fuck that noise.

Well then.  It looks like we have a difference of opinion here, doesn't it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:14:51 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Wow......I wish I had a "Lugar" or a "shot gun".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top