Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2003 9:35:39 PM EDT
I would like to say this: Not ALL people who call themselves a Christian are even truly a Christian and saved. If you were to ask MOST AMERICANS, the popular thing to say on a general note is "Ya, I'm a Christian". But if you were than to ask the same person,"Do you KNOW for sure that when you die, that you are really going to heaven?" And MOST people will say:
"Well I think so, I hope so...I do allot of good things for people, I was baptized as a child, and hey, my Mom always took us to church when we were kids".
But the sad thing is that it is a misconception that by being baptized or doing good works that it will guarantee a person into heaven. And it is a misconception that being born in America makes one a Christian! Eph. 2:8 says: For It is by Grace that you are saved through faith,and not of yourself, it is the gift of God,eternal life, and you can not earn it. The Answer is in Romans 10:9&10...Simply put...Believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins, and that on the 3rd day God raised him from the dead,and confess Jesus Christ with you mouth as you Lord and Savior. Repent, turn away from the sinful old ways of your past, and Open the door to your heart and Let Jesus inside you! DON'T have a RELIGION at that point on, HAVE a RELATIONSHIP with the most high God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. This is salvation...This is a Christian..Litle Christ, BECOME a litle Christ!
I myself am a blood born Jew, and that at age 13, I received Jesus Christ into my heart as my Personal Lord,Savior and King!!
God chose for Jesus to walk among us and become a natural flesh human being, born of a woman named Mary, who is a Jew! So born into this world a flesh blood and bone body, born of a Jew, became a Jew by simply being born of a Jewish Mother. The Jews did not choose Jesus,God Chose Jesus to be a Jew. To not only to walk among us, but to also BE one of us. Yes, Jesus is still God, but he also became man, so that one day he could become the ultimate sacrifice as an atonement for our sins, so that we might have the chance for everlasting life through his shed blood.

I feel for a country who does not take the time to educate in a foundation & history of the Word of God, but instead educates in the things of this world, and passes by a great and PAID FOR luxury, and GIFT from GOD. God loved us, so he sent Jesus, his only son, so that ALL may not perish, but have everlasting life. When people say that Jesus was not a Jew, they are really saying that Jesus did not die on the cross for them either, or that on the 3rd day God did not raise him from the dead. Because how can a person believe only in part, when TRUTH is LIGHT, and brings clarity. This is not an attack on people who do not believe that Jesus is not a Jew, but rather a hope that the the blinders will fall off of the eyes of the ignorant and see the light of Christ, and actually SEE the Truth for themselves. Jesus is Lord! Amen

"Wouldn't you like to be a pepper to?" Drink Dr. Pepper...oh yea...Drink Dr. Pepper! :-) By Historic_Liberty
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 1:56:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Bored, are we?

All religions are control mechanisms.  The idea that the Creator (whatever you wish to call him/her/it) has preferences about what you do and will punish you for not doing what it wants is one of the greatest travesties ever foisted on the human race.  More hate and discontent has been caused by arguments over whose religion is 'right' than almost any other issue.  There is no Satan- hate and fear are the only true enemies of man, and righteousness is a symptom of both.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 3:06:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 3:20:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I am with you on this Historic_Liberty.  Amen!
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 3:24:40 AM EDT
[#4]
As Sparky315 exits the podium, 5 billion people realize they have made a big mistake.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 3:59:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 4:12:20 AM EDT
[#6]

So if some little kid is born in outer mongolia where no one is a christian and at 8 he's killed by wolves while guarding his families goats he's going to burn in hell? That's pretty bad! Shouldn't you drop everything and get out there to outer mongolia and tell THEM about this?

People do just that every day.  They're called missionaries.

Could it be YOU'RE wrong and the other 97% of the planet that doesn't belong to your particular religious sect is right?

Don't confuse religious sects with God and getting to heaven.  At no time has God or Jesus said, "You must be a <insert religion here> to get into heaven."  The stipulations (ABC) aren't kept secret.

If the 3% are wrong, nothing happens when they die.  If the 97% are wrong...

Eddie
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 4:15:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I guess that's what we will all find out one day.  It's up to each one of us to make that decision.  

I didn't think it was a problem for someone to speak about their beliefs without getting set on fire these days.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 4:40:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Bored, are we?

All religions are control mechanisms.  The idea that the Creator (whatever you wish to call him/her/it) has preferences about what you do and will punish you for not doing what it wants is one of the greatest travesties ever foisted on the human race.  More hate and discontent has been caused by arguments over whose religion is 'right' than almost any other issue.  There is no Satan- hate and fear are the only true enemies of man, and righteousness is a symptom of both.

Very well said.

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:08:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So what about Catholics? What about Greek Orthodox? What about basically all the rest of the world north of Mason-Dixon line? God is going to make chicken wings out of all their souls because they were never born again?

So if some little kid is born in outer mongolia where no one is a christian and at 8 he's killed by wolves while guarding his families goats he's going to burn in hell? That's pretty bad! Shouldn't you drop everything and get out there to outer mongolia and tell THEM about this?

Could it be YOU'RE wrong and the other 97% of the planet that doesn't belong to your particular religious sect is right?

------------------------------------------------

Well it is a good thing I wasn't talking about RELIGION then, right?!

Being a Christian is being a person with a RELATIONSHIP with the most High God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, it's definitely not by a RELIGION. That's why in MANY religions, Some have a relationship, and some have just a religion. God looks at the heart of the Man. I have seen on this thread where it is talked about how God does not judge a persons right to go to heaven by what Religion he is. This is because God looks at our heart. NO Man comes unto the Father unless he first comes by way of the Son. It is totally about RELATIONSHIP.

And guess what? God does not play "What If Games" with us. What if games hold a tone of disbelief, Faith a key ingredient, is missing. God DOES call us to GO.....Go throughout the world and make disciples of ALL NATIONS....Their are MANY things that I can not figure out with my own physical human mind. But this act of obedience and Faith in God does not first require that I understand every little part. To answer the "What if Question" about the person in another country that NO one can get to and tell them the gospel before they are eaten by wolves....well....First off, How do YOU know that the person did not have an opportunity? Don't you think that a loving and sincere heart felt God, who loves us enough to send his only son into the world, to be crucified on a cross, and then on the 3rd day raise his only son from the grave.....Has the POWER to make sure that the people who he sent his son to die for, so that they might have everlasting life.....would FIND A WAY, to get a message to that person about salvation.... SOMEHOW?? It is NOT my job to play what if games. Either God is GOD, or he is not. And brother...I am telling you, that he is. And if you want to take your chances with waiting until ALL your "what if" questions are answered, go right ahead. God is a gentleman, and forces NO one to believe. You come by your own FREE WILL and FAITH, or don't join the party at all. Be ye  hot or cold, but being LUKE WARM.......Well the last time I checked, luke warm water tasted yucky, and I spit it out. I like cold drinks, and hot drinks....Luke warm is not a safe place to be my  ar.15 neighbor!!

My Thread....if you read it again...is NOT about religion, it is about how sad it is that people on a general note believe that they are saved and call them selves a Christian, with out even first understanding what being saved or being a Christian is all about. I have BEEN a missionary...HERE....IN AMERICA. And have talked to THOUSANDS of Americans, only to find out that MOST people I talked to would EASILY claim to be Christian simply because they are born in a Country that predominantly believes in God. God does not give a person POINTS for what country he was born into, or if your Mom or Dad took you to church when you were a kid, or if you were baptized as a baby, or if you walk around doing good works, or EVEN if you go to church NOW. It is NOT about that or any of the things I listed.

And NO, I am NOT bored, as someone commented on, I am just passionate!!!

I am not asking you or anyone to believe in MY words, or even agree with ME. I am merely pointing out that I am utterly surprised by the deception that floods America today. Where is the foundation, where is the History? If as a Nation we have truly stopped putting our trust in the most high God, then we have already lost. I pray for our Country, and our world, that Gods TRUTH and LIGHT will shine upon the hearts and minds and that the blinders of deception will come falling down. It is like for many people, you can call them the walking dead, because their hearts have hardened.

You have a great day ALL, and remember if you get anything out of what I said, get this....It is NOT about religion.....it is about Relationship. Amen. Jesus is Lord!!! :-)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top