Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/22/2020 11:59:12 AM EDT

NOTE: IF YOU STEAL THESE PICS TO USE ON ANY OTHER SITES, YOU WILL HAVE AGREED TO A FEE OF $250 FOR MY LABORS. I WILL EXPECT PAYMENT OR WILL PURSUE FURTHER. IF YOU WISH TO USE THESE PICS, ASK ME FIRST. Can’t believe I’m even having to say this...

I had mentioned these in the Remington Socom thread and finally got mine in and am starting this thread as a review and for others that may buy one to share their opinions of the barrels. Also, these seem to have completely gone under the radar some how, and I wasn’t able to find any information before I purchased mine other than a few specifics in regard to the contract, so maybe this will help someone decide for or against one. It’s another 14.5” Gov Contract Socom barrel made by Mennies Machine Shop, or MMC Armory. NOT to be confused with the old Bear Creek name MMC. Two completely different companies. Minnies got a contract to produce them back in 2012, and from what I’ve gathered, made roughly 82,000 of them for the Army (my barrel is dated 2017). That’s pretty much all I’ve been able to find out. MMC Armory does make AR’s, but they’ve been considered over priced, especially in some old threads here, so it seems there hasn’t been many purchased and so there are very few overall reviews about them. Other than the price of their ARs, I will say I haven’t found anything negative about the company.

I’ve heard good and bad experiences about Delta Team Tactical, so order with that in mind. This was my first time ordering from them and shipping was fast and the packaging was excellent (they could teach CDNN a lesson haha). Anyways, here’s the link and plenty of pictures that I took. Don’t have a lot of time right now to write a long post about my first impressions, but the pics speak for themselves. The barrel looks amazing. I’ll get a range report within a few days.

Use discount code “Newguy5” for 5% off. Unfortunately I wasn’t aware of this until after buying my 2 lol

They only have 196 169 160 134, so grab one if you want to try one out! They won’t last forever. I just ordered my second one!

I’ll update the post with some more details when I get some more time.

https://www.deltateamtactical.com/AR-15-556-NATO-145”-M4-Barrel-Designed-To-Exact-Military-Specifications_p_13860.html

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#1]
By the way, anyone notice the Colt “4” on the barrel extension?lol
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:48:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice pics man.
DTT could take some lessons, their pics blow.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:52:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Since they aren't a sight sponsor ...and have a rough record...you should probably make the link cold vs easy click.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
By the way, anyone notice the Colt “4” on the barrel extension?lol
View Quote

Couple of mfgrs with the "4" stamp (denotes M4 ramps). Colt will also have an "S", Schmid Tool, IIRC.

I'd wager a guess that Mennies machines their own extensions as well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Since they aren't a sight sponsor ...and have a rough record...you should probably make the link cold vs easy click.
View Quote

How do I do that?
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:56:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Couple of mfgrs with the "4" stamp (denotes M4 ramps). Colt will also have an "S", Schmid Tool, IIRC.

I'd wager a guess that Mennies machines their own extensions as well.
View Quote

Ah, that makes perfect sense. Thought for a sec they were either using colts extension or Colt was using theirs. I bet they are. The dots may indicate which line they came off of. I’d be curious whether all have 4 dots or if it differs.

And thanks man! The wife does all the edits. She was getting a laugh outta the white back drop lol first time I’ve tried it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ah, that makes perfect sense. Thought for a sec they were either using colts extension or Colt was using theirs. I bet they are. The dots may indicate which line they came off of. I’d be curious whether all have 4 dots or if it differs.

And thanks man! The wife does all the edits. She was getting a laugh outta the white back drop lol first time I’ve tried it.
View Quote

I can't say for certain that "S" denotes Schmid Tool, but that is the common consensus.

There are a few contractors for bbl extensions, AO Precision being one.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

How do I do that?
View Quote

Take the url tags off.

Click Edit Post >>>Go to where you have the link and delete all of the text, then simply paste the link without any hyperlinking button involved so it looks like this:
https://www.deltateamtactical.com/AR-15-556-NATO-145”-M4-Barrel-Designed-To-Exact-Military-Specifications_p_13860.html

Then hit post. When it posts it will be a "cold link" vs a "hot link".
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:30:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Take the url tags off.

Click Edit Post >>>Go to where you have the link and delete all of the text, then simply paste the link without any hyperlinking button involved so it looks like this:

View Quote

Better?
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:30:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Take the url tags off.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do I do that?

Take the url tags off.

I wouldn't worry about it personally.

Not a banned vendor or anything. Just one with a well deserved shit reputation.

Hell, even CTD is still allowed here as a Site sponsor.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:00:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I wouldn't worry about it personally.

Not a banned vendor or anything. Just one with a well deserved shit reputation.

Hell, even CTD is still allowed here as a Site sponsor.  
View Quote

I was honestly expecting the worse, but like I mentioned in the post, DTT shipped fast and the packing was great. Perfect sized, thick box inside of a bubble wrap envelope. The barrel comes sealed in the blue plastic bag. Some as Colt uses.

To your point, vendors like CTD are allowed. I didn’t think the hot link would be against any rules, but figured I’d kill it since there has been some that have had terrible experiences.

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:36:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd like to see some groups out of one.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:54:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd like to see some groups out of one.
View Quote

I’ll try to get some as soon as possible. I have everything to complete the upper and can just throw it on a random lower for testing. Actually may just go ahead and throw it together tonight and try to get out tomorrow for some groups. Won’t be anything scientific, but it’ll at least give us an idea. I don’t have any LPVOs at the moment, so it’ll be shot with an Eotech.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:01:28 AM EDT
[#14]
I pulled the proverbial trigger on one today, myself. It's for my M4A1 build. Still trying to decide if I should do a Block 1, 1.5, or 2.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:03:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I pulled the proverbial trigger on one today, myself. It's for my M4A1 build. Still trying to decide if I should do a Block 1, 1.5, or 2.
View Quote

Or you could just go with a block 1, 1.5, and 2 lol the 1.5 is probably my favorite.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:06:24 AM EDT
[#16]
I do have the YHM Tri-rail! I was just concerned about accuracy, as well. It's doubling as my main blaster.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I was honestly expecting the worse, but like I mentioned in the post, DTT shipped fast and the packing was great. Perfect sized, thick box inside of a bubble wrap envelope. The barrel comes sealed in the blue plastic bag. Some as Colt uses.

https://i.imgur.com/8nfVViWl.jpg

To your point, vendors like CTD are allowed. I didn’t think the hot link would be against any rules, but figured I’d kill it since there has been some that have had terrible experiences.

View Quote

Like I said in the other thread...some get lucky with DTT and are happy. Glad to see that you didn't get hooked.

As for myself, well once was enough.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 12:07:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Threw this together last night. I have a set of green Diemaco furniture that I found recently that will eventually go on it. Making another C8A3 “clone” :) won’t worry about being so correct with this one though. Just threw the Retro handguards on for accuracy testing. I’ll try to get out tomorrow to shoot some.

Updated the OP too. There’s a 5% discount I didn’t know about when ordering my 2. “Newguy5”

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 12:09:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Like I said in the other thread...some get lucky with DTT and are happy. Glad to see that you didn't get hooked.

As for myself, well once was enough.
View Quote

I don’t blame you one bit.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 9:26:24 AM EDT
[#20]
So was looking at building an upper with this barrel.

Looking like $200 barrel, $30-$50 muzzle device, $60 upper receiver, $10 gas tube, $80 BCG, $50 CH, ~$150 for a rail come out to around $580 for a decent upper.

Or one could just buy a Geissele Super Duty upper for $637 after apology coupon.  Seems like it would be better just to get the G unless you already had extra parts laying around?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So was looking at building an upper with this barrel.

Looking like $200 barrel, $30-$50 muzzle device, $60 upper receiver, $10 gas tube, $80 BCG, $50 CH, ~$150 for a rail come out to around $580 for a decent upper.

Or one could just buy a Geissele Super Duty upper for $637 after apology coupon.  Seems like it would be better just to get the G unless you already had extra parts laying around?
View Quote

For someone that has an “apology coupon,” that would make sense. Especially soon than later since it seems prices keep going up on them.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:52:14 PM EDT
[#22]
50 yards, Wolf gold, Eotech 552. It was pouring rain, so I will have to shoot a couple more groups when the weather clears up. Not that I’m afraid of the rain lol I think we have a winner though :) would love to see what someone could do with some magnification.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#23]
*Mennies, not Minnies.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#24]
203 notch has me out.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
*Mennies, not Minnies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
*Mennies, not Minnies.

Oops lol thanks! Changed OP.

Quoted:
203 notch has me out.

Why’s that?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:55:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
203 notch has me out.
View Quote

Then I guess you're not looking for a SOCOM barrel.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I had mentioned these in the Remington Socom thread and finally got mine in and am starting this thread as a review and for others that may buy one to share their opinions of the barrels. Also, these seem to have completely gone under the radar some how, and I wasn’t able to find any information before I purchased mine other than a few specifics in regard to the contract, so maybe this will help someone decide for or against one. It’s another 14.5” Gov Contract Socom barrel made by Mennies Machine Shop, or MMC Armory. NOT to be confused with the old Bear Creek name MMC. Two completely different companies. Minnies got a contract to produce them back in 2012, and from what I’ve gathered, made roughly 82,000 of them for the Army (my barrel is dated 2017). That’s pretty much all I’ve been able to find out. MMC Armory does make AR’s, but they’ve been considered over priced, especially in some old threads here, so it seems there hasn’t been many purchased and so there are very few overall reviews about them. Other than the price of their ARs, I will say I haven’t found anything negative about the company.

I’ve heard good and bad experiences about Delta Team Tactical, so order with that in mind. This was my first time ordering from them and shipping was fast and the packaging was excellent (they could teach CDNN a lesson haha). Anyways, here’s the link and plenty of pictures that I took. Don’t have a lot of time right now to write a long post about my first impressions, but the pics speak for themselves. The barrel looks amazing. I’ll get a range report within a few days.

Use discount code “Newguy5” for 5% off. Unfortunately I wasn’t aware of this until after buying my 2 lol

They only have 169 160, and have sold about 30 in the past week, so grab one if you want to try one out! They won’t last forever. I just ordered my second one!

I’ll update the post with some more details when I get some more time.

https://i.imgur.com/k9P8aD9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LgfBl37.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/278t3Xq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vOipMB6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/czIGkAO.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/e5wrFVm.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fv92NSK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Pm4nTNH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/azcfDuP.jpg
View Quote

Bought one as a spare. Why not for $199 USD? the price of BCM 14.5” SOCOM stripped is $259 USD.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:49:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Isn’t DTT verboten around here?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:48:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Isn’t DTT verboten around here?
View Quote

No.

Just a well earned shit reputation.

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:49:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Bought one as a spare. Why not for $199 USD? the price of BCM 14.5” SOCOM stripped is $259 USD.
View Quote

Good deal man! Let us know when you receive it and what you think. I still haven’t gotten my shipping notice for the first one. They’ve sold around 60 of them, plus there’s already a panic starting due to the riots, so they may be somewhat behind. Not really worried about it though.

134 of the left!
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:13:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Good info guys and thanks to the OP for the pics and range report. I just picked one up for a Block II FSP build. Why not at this price!? I will update the thread with my shipping experience and some pics when it arrives. I was able to get 5% off, super cool! Free shipping, $14.50 in taxes (boo). Cheers!
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:24:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Good deal man! Let us know when you receive it and what you think. I still haven’t gotten my shipping notice for the first one. They’ve sold around 60 of them, plus there’s already a panic starting due to the riots, so they may be somewhat behind. Not really worried about it though.

134 of the left!
View Quote

No problem bro; have you removed the FSB to see if the barrel is parkerized?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Should be. TDP calls for it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:34:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I figured it would be because of TDP and because the finish for the barrel and fsp are the slightest shade different, meaning the barrel wasn’t finished while the fsp was installed like the Rems were, but out of boredom I went ahead and pulled it. It is :)

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:04:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I figured it would be because of TDP and because the finish for the barrel and fsp are the slightest shade different, meaning the barrel wasn’t finished while the fsp was installed like the Rems were, but out of boredom I went ahead and pulled it. It is :)

https://i.imgur.com/TAKEbN3l.jpg
View Quote

Looks good; have not gotten a shipping confirmation yet
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:15:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Looks good; have not gotten a shipping confirmation yet
View Quote

Wish I had a working pair of calipers to measure the gas port, but one pair is dead and the other took an acetone shower lol I’ll get a measurement of the next one. Haven’t gotten the shipping notice for it yet either. Placed on Tuesday afternoon. I’m guessing they’re getting a little behind.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:17:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Wish I had a working pair of calipers to measure the gas port, but one pair is dead and the other took an acetone shower lol I’ll get a measurement of the next one. Haven’t gotten the shipping notice for it yet either. Placed on Tuesday afternoon. I’m guessing they’re getting a little behind.
View Quote

Drill bits(non cutting end) can give you gas port sizing.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:41:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Again, being .gov contract/TDP spec , GP diameter should be .063".

Unless someone screwed the pooch and these are rejects, I see no reason why they would measure any different.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:15:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Good deal man! Let us know when you receive it and what you think. I still haven't gotten my shipping notice for the first one. They've sold around 60 of them, plus there's already a panic starting due to the riots, so they may be somewhat behind. Not really worried about it though.

134 of the left!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bought one as a spare. Why not for $199 USD? the price of BCM 14.5" SOCOM stripped is $259 USD.

Good deal man! Let us know when you receive it and what you think. I still haven't gotten my shipping notice for the first one. They've sold around 60 of them, plus there's already a panic starting due to the riots, so they may be somewhat behind. Not really worried about it though.

134 of the left!

How long did it take for it to ship?

RA
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:16:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

RA
View Quote

Mine hasn't shipped yet and I ordered it on the 26th.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 12:07:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

RA
View All Quotes
Quoted:

RA

Quoted:

I just got my shipping notice for my second order. Placed last Tuesday.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 1:16:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

View Quote

I placed mine Saturday
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 5:53:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I placed mine Saturday
View Quote

Someone on the Files placed an order Saturday and got their confirmation today.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RA

Quoted:

I got my tracking number about 2 hours after I posted. USPS has yet to pick it up.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#45]
When/if I get mine, I'll measure it up and see if they are within spec to the best of my ability.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I got my tracking number about 2 hours after I posted. USPS has yet to pick it up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RA

Quoted:

Thanks you all for the info. I placed an order on Monday. Now I regret not buying two!

RA
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 10:23:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Tag for interest
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Finally got my USPS tracking number for my barrel. We’ll see how they look when I get it
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#49]
I got my second one today. Just as nice as the first! Date stamp is the same month and year. Same packaging (I’m guessing DTT received them from Mennies in the box that they come tapped up in). Got my shipment from BCM today too, so it looks like I’m about to put another upper together:)
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 2:57:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Just got my shipping notice from DTT. Ordered on 6/1 so 8 days, not bad I guess. When it delivers I will report back. Gas port measurement will be first thing to check.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top