Link Posted: 3/12/2011 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Maryland tried that.  It didn't work out so well.  Millionaires Go Missing
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 5:41:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Maryland tried that.  It didn't work out so well.  Millionaires Go Missing

This is for the entire US though

Are they going to flee to Canada or France?
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#4]
If they really wanted to do something impressive they would confiscate all of the wealth above $1Million.  Empty the bank accounts.

So many of these 'rich' people already have their money so they won't care.

<disclaimer>I don't want this to happen, I just want to watch the rich progressives meltdown when it is recommended.</disclaimer>
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If they really wanted to do something impressive they would confiscate all of the wealth above $1Million.  Empty the bank accounts.

So many of these 'rich' people already have their money so they won't care.

<disclaimer>I don't want this to happen, I just want to watch the rich progressives meltdown when it is recommended.</disclaimer>

Sounds like a good idea to me to be proposed.

The Republicans should actually propose it.

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Millionaires being able to "afford" higher taxes is a misnomer.   Keep in mind the old adage, "Mo money, Mo problems..."

Millionaires can move or otherwise structure their income and assets to avoid most of these types of taxes.  The middle-class are far less mobile and generally tethered to a much more difficult to conceal or occlude system of assets and income.  Sanders understand's Marx's economics, but not the real world at all.  The effect of this type of tax ensures additional burden on the middle-classes.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Millionaires being able to "afford" higher taxes is a misnomer.   Keep in mind the old adage, "Mo money, Mo problems..."

Millionaires can move or otherwise structure their income and assets to avoid most of these types of taxes.  The middle-class are far less mobile and generally tethered to a much more difficult to conceal or occlude system of assets and income.  Sanders understand's Marx's economics, but not the real world at all.  The effect of this type of tax ensures additional burden on the middle-classes.  

Dems hate the middle class
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:29:21 PM EDT
[#8]
What do you say that we just tax Democrats 100% 1st just to see how they like it?  Starting with those on Capital Hill.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow, the hate and ignorance on that web site is incredible.  It makes arfcom look pretty lame.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top