Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 12:07:31 PM EDT
CAN M4'S STILL BE COOL WITH THE REGULAR DOUBLE HEAT SHIELD HANDGUARDS ;OR DO THEY HAVE TO HAVE A RAIL SYSTEM? :)
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#1]
The only cool AR out there is a postban plain muzzled 20" heavy barrel with a folding vertical foregrip and a 20X scope on a see through mount in the carry handle.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:09:55 PM EDT
[#2]
They're even cooler without caps lock.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:11:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#5]
The less shit on my gun the better.

All the Uber Tactical Mall Ninjas will have a different view.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:13:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine has dooble heat shield gaurds. I've looked at changing to a rail system, but I'm picturing one with nothing but rail covers on it so it's not exactly a wise move given the price for a good one. Now, if I had a bunch of stuff I wanted to mount forward of the receiver, I'd probably buy one. Otherwise, it's just extra weight and a waste of money.

Like typing lessons.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:13:09 PM EDT
[#7]
THE COOLNESS OF THE GUN DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU LIKE.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:13:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Cooler still....

img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/macandy/Dsc01487.jpg

No your mag is too short.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I AGREE, I HAD A KNIGHTS SYSTEM ON MY LAST AR AND NEVER USED IT.  IT JUST LOOKED BITCHEN LOL
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1
I think his key is stuck.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:15:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Mine has dooble heat shield gaurds. I've looked at changing to a rail system, but I'm picturing one with nothing but rail covers on it so it's not exactly a wise move given the price for a good one. Now, if I had a bunch of stuff I wanted to mount forward of the receiver, I'd probably buy one. Otherwise, it's just extra weight and a waste of money.

Like typing lessons.

YHM makes a nice 2 piece rail system that I got for my M4. Feels real solid, plus is pretty cheap and easy to install
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:17:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like typing lessons.

YHM makes a nice 2 piece rail system that I got for my M4. Feels real solid, plus is pretty cheap and easy to install

I still have no accessories I'd like to put on it. ;] Maybe someday I'll fall in love with the forward grip, but on a 16" + rifle I'm doubting I will.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:18:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I AGREE, I HAD A KNIGHTS SYSTEM ON MY LAST AR AND NEVER USED IT.  IT JUST LOOKED BITCHEN LOL

tHIS IS arfcom!  yOU CANNOT IGNORE OUR INSULTS! wE WILL PESTER YOU UNTIL YOU ASK FOR FORGIVNESS.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I've got a rail on mine.  I don't have any accessories, though.  I just did it to look cool.  I should post a picture of it, to share with everyone how cool it is.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cooler still....

img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/macandy/Dsc01487.jpg

No your mag is too short.

The hell it is!

i1.tinypic.com/mkg0g7.jpg

Good enough for John Wayne, good enough for me!

I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:22:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/skygod99/Caps.jpg

Sorry bro, had to..
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:22:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like typing lessons.

I still have no accessories I'd like to put on it. ;] Maybe someday I'll fall in love with the forward grip, but on a 16" + rifle I'm doubting I will.

I thought the same thing, but when I shot my friends AR with a forward grip I decided I had to get one
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:26:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like typing lessons.

I thought the same thing, but when I shot my friends AR with a forward grip I decided I had to get one

i found when using the foregrip i liked it really close to the back of the receiver. So now i just grab the front part of the receiver almost just as comfortable.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:27:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Don't forget these fine folks, too!

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:33:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

This from a FAL guy...
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:35:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Capitalise the 'i' Dude, you always capitalise the I

you mean capitalize?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
i found when using the foregrip i liked it really close to the back of the receiver. So now i just grab the front part of the receiver almost just as comfortable.

Me too. The only forward grip I use is on my semi-auto shotgun. With the stock folded or under rapid fire, it is much easier to control.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you mean capitalize?

You forgot to capitalize the first letter of the first word in the sentence.

That would still be incorrect anyway.  The correct sentence would be:
Do you mean capitalize?

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#27]
they're super cool if you actually own a grenade launcher to make use of the "M-4" cut on the barrel

otherwise you're just a poser
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Since most rail systems allow more airflow, an M4 with a railed forend will be cooler.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you mean capitalize?

You forgot to capitalize the first letter of the first word in the sentence.

That would still be incorrect anyway.  The correct sentence would be:
Do you mean capitalize?

That's because I like to use sentence fragments to make my answers shorter rather than to have to type the whole thing out.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:53:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Actually the carbine I shoot the most is an M4'ish with the standard slim fore stock... All Colt, but I put some Gov't carbine stocks on it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:01:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Build I did prior the Maritime Accident

Not an M4 but it is 16"

SPRishDissy w/ minor add on's.

Only thing that points faster is a flashlight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top