Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2001 6:36:09 AM EDT
I am going to a public auction this weekend that is listing an M1 Garand Springfield Armory Military Rifle.  I know condition is a key factor and I haven't seen it yet, but can anyone tell me what these rifles have been selling for so I can make an informed decision whether the price is a steal?  Thanks for any info.

AR_Shorty
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:41:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:44:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Any Garand for under $600 is a steal.
View Quote

Including Century's Garands?[;)]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:49:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Garand_Shooter!  I am hoping I can get a steal at this rural public auction.  I'll post again if I get it.

AR_Shorty
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:59:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any Garand for under $600 is a steal.
View Quote

Including Century's Garands?[;)]
View Quote

Century Garands are NOT Garands.

they are IQ tests!!!!!!!!!   [}:D]

Link Posted: 8/23/2001 7:07:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I went to a rural country auction earlier this year and was amazed at how quickly the bidding got out of control.  There was a ton of people there hoping, like me, to buy the deal of the century.  Every gun there went for $100 to $200 over what it was worth (which was usually $200-$400 more than I would've been willing to pay).

The "deals" I found came from hanging around to the very end of the auction when the ammo, ammo boxes, and other accessorys could be had for a dollar or two.  Good luck and have fun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top