Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2008 7:28:03 AM EDT
I have a buddy who tried to buy ar lowers at a missouri gun shop friday (he resides in Illinois) and was told due to new legislation that took effect on November 15th that they were not allowed to sell lowers to an individual who was not a resident of the state.  He said that they are now treating stripped lowers as pistols and that if he wanted to purchase them they would have to be shipped to an Illinois FFL.  Has anyone heard of this change?  Is it national or does it apply only to Illinois?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:02:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe this is a Federal requirement and not unique to a paticular state. Take look at the instructions for filling out the paperwork involved. I think you must show proof that you're a resident of that state in order to buy in the state. It's one of the residency requirements. You can buy in another state only if you can show you own property in that state and you're considered a resident for the period you're in the other state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top