Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 11:43:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool, I do think he should have lit his ass up for calling the Apache ugly.

Hellfire-1 Lotus-0
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Has anyone else not seen the Top Gear videos yet?!

NTM
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Crap, I watched the whole thing in anticipation of the Apache blowing the Lotus up (literally).
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:10:40 PM EDT
[#4]
The Apache is a damn good looking helicopter.

But they just love to bash everything American.

But they're limeys. who cares what they think.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:12:34 PM EDT
[#5]
That had me laughing like a buffoon. Oh how that show entertains me! It's almost enough to convince me to get cable. Fortunately, I have the internet and you guys to help me get my fix.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:25:43 PM EDT
[#6]
since when was the british army the best helicopter pilots in the world?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Sweet.

I love the.  Now if he were far away I would have no chance.  So we have instructed them to stay inside the  track.

In other words, we know this is BS, but it is fun BS.

And what missle lock is needed.  I think the remote gun is quite enough for the Lotus.  And all the pilot has to do is look at it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:27:53 PM EDT
[#8]
tg
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:27:56 PM EDT
[#9]

the best  helicopter in the world flown by the best pilots in the world, the british army, against the most maneuverable car in the world drivin by an idiot"
 He got part of it right
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:30:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Is this from the same series where the Land Rover dodged a battle tank around a field for a few minutes?

what cool jobs.

driving commercial vehicles around trying to outmaneuver military equipment.  all the while sabbath and motorhead are blaring.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:35:14 PM EDT
[#11]
hahaha.... the rotorwash actually blew the car out from under the helo!  hahahah!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I think the cannon would have been easier to blast him with.  Just run the rounds up the back of the car....
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Is this from the same series where the Land Rover dodged a battle tank around a field for a few minutes?

what cool jobs.

driving commercial vehicles around trying to outmaneuver military equipment.  all the while sabbath and motorhead are blaring.

The maneuverability test between a Porsche Boxster and Merc SLK was decided by giving Clarkson a TES (MILES) harness, and having him drive through an urban ops training village while getting shot at by a group of infantrymen. The car in which he completed the course with the fewest hits registered was deemed the winner.

They get a lot of help from the MOD. The Jaguar S-Type R was delivered by C-130 landing on a beach in the Monaro/300C/Jag face-off, for example.

The show also does public service segments, such as 'what sort of wig is best when driving a convertible', or perhaps this one, if you live near an airport.

www.flurl.com/uploaded/Fordje_blazen_10257.html

NTM
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:55:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what cool jobs.

The maneuverability test between a Porsche Boxster and Merc SLK was decided by giving Clarkson a TES (MILES) harness, and having him drive through an urban ops training village while getting shot at by a group of infantrymen. The car in which he completed the course with the fewest hits registered was deemed the winner.

They get a lot of help from the MOD. The Jaguar S-Type R was delivered by C-130 landing on a beach in the Monaro/300C/Jag face-off, for example.

The show also does public service segments, such as 'what sort of wig is best when driving a convertible', or perhaps this one, if you live near an airport.

NTM

That was a cool video.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:58:10 PM EDT
[#15]
This video is completely false.

Everyone knows that Nicolas Cage and Tommy Lee Jones are the best Apache pilots in the world.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#16]
The only thing that saved that movie was the good helo pron!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Top Gear is my favorite TV show.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Too bad they killed me off. Bastard guys.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:27:24 PM EDT
[#19]
And they say the internet is only for pron.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:39:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Too bad they killed me off. Bastard guys.

Well, only if you're Black Stig.

If you're White Stig, you've got a little while left in you.

NTM
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:43:30 PM EDT
[#21]

I love that show, I stumbled on it awhile back and could never remember the name.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Has anyone else not seen the Top Gear videos yet?!

NTM

I have!

Edit-I saw that vid already...
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:50:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what cool jobs.

NTM

Awesome vid!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:51:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
This video is completely false.

Everyone knows that Nicolas Cage and Tommy Lee Jones are the best Apache pilots in the world.

I am the greatest...

I am the greatest...

I am the greatest!

I am the greatest!!!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:52:35 PM EDT
[#25]
OmG I want one, now.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Ok you get a little car with a high HP engine without frills. Is this not an old Idea brought back? Carroll Shelby did this in the 60's with the AC cobra.
And no we can't make one like it because the Gov. says we have to have all the safety crap.  Spend $60,000 get a gov. legal 600hp ZO6 'Vette . I has all the goodies, massive HP, speed you can't use, and will get you laid quick.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:58:52 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what cool jobs.

NTM

"Big engine, lightweight hippy car.  This should be fun."

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

As I was watching that, I couldn't help thinking, "Lemmy can go into any car spot he wants to."
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:00:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Too tiny for my interests, bring on the the hellfires.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:08:57 PM EDT
[#30]
That is one cool car.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:15:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Cool, I do think he should have lit his ass up for calling the Apache ugly.

Hellfire-1 Lotus-0

Id have lit him up for saying it had a soft American underbelly, and saying the british army had the best pilots.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:17:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Can you import these?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#33]
I've seen every Top Gear video on the web.  YAWN!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:33:24 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Can you import these?

Nope.  Spoilers and low profile tires are restricted form import.  You need to find a pre-ban lotus.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Ok you get a little car with a high HP engine without frills. Is this not an old Idea brought back? Carroll Shelby did this in the 60's with the AC cobra.
And no we can't make one like it because the Gov. says we have to have all the safety crap.  Spend $60,000 get a gov. legal 600hp ZO6 'Vette . I has all the goodies, massive HP, speed you can't use, and will get you laid quick.

Go search the web for the top gear test of the arel atom.
less than 1500 lbs, 300 HP

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:20:22 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

what cool jobs.

NTM

"Big engine, lightweight hippy car.  This should be fun."

Only the #2 and #3 engines were running on the 747.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top