Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2014 12:03:52 PM EDT
Columbia County Courthouse, Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, Newark City Hall, and Jose Ortega Elementary school have all been evacuated this morning due to threats of bombs or searching for explosive materials....

(ETA: No bombs or explosives have been found, to my knowledge, as of 11AM Central).
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Columbia County Courthouse, Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, Newark City Hall, and Jose Ortega Elementary school have all been evacuated this morning due to bomb threats or explosive devices....
View Quote

they found some?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:05:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure about the municipal buildings but the schools are probably because it's end of term testing.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

they found some?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Columbia County Courthouse, Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, Newark City Hall, and Jose Ortega Elementary school have all been evacuated this morning due to bomb threats or explosive devices....

they found some?

Not that I am aware of, and I should have been more clear in my wording (threats of bombs or explosive materials).
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:06:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Pressure cookers
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:06:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Pressure cookers
View Quote

home ec. will never be the same.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:07:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not sure about the municipal buildings but the schools are probably because it's end of term testing.
View Quote

My first thought was "Is it finals week"... but elementary schools don't tend to have finals.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:10:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My first thought was "Is it finals week"... but elementary schools don't tend to have finals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do kids still get paper report cards sent home?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine does. She's in the 4th grade. But that's probably because the school is over 50% Amish and they don't have email addresses.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Friend of mine goes to the liberal arts school, he just told me his afternoon are going to still happen.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Checking in from SF. I have 3 kids that go to Jose Ortega. They have all been picked up. The news is saying the threat was found or called in at 8am. School starts at 7:50. Not sure why I just heard about this an hour ago. Not real happy about this.

Edit:  We just got a call from the school. A note was found and turned in. No device was found. The school is safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top