Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 7:28:09 PM EDT

City Security
The city is starting to feel more secure now. Much larger military and Homeland Security presence and many fewer civilians left. Of course with this added security comes additional dangers like hyper-suspicious, armed authorities. If you watch the cam or walk the streets, you see that almost every civilian is approached, evaluated for threat potential, then either patted down or left alone. The disconcerting thing is that these authorities always have their guns at the ready and look like they're enjoying intimidating the people. Two of us have already had guns aimed at us by police -- Brian by the Federal Cops guarding the Boggs Federal building while we were waiting for the resupply, and me when we were delivering the router to City Hall.

Don't get me wrong, some guys are more professional than others. You can tell the ones who took the job because they wanted to bullies and who took the job to protect and serve. That's one thing a catastrophic situation does -- it sifts people's true personalities out.

Nevertheless, aside from the arson, I think that generally it's much safer today than yesterday.

mgno.com/
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:43:27 PM EDT
[#1]
So what?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:46:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
So what?

First, people bitched because they weren't there.  Now they are bitching because they ARE there.  How long until we hear people bitching about an exit strategy?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you have your tinfoil hat, Uncle Tom?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#4]
You again! Are you my stalker?

Does you mother know you are up this late?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:58:34 PM EDT
[#6]
And why is it that they are JACK BOOTED THUGS ?

Just read the blog and draw your own conclusions.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:01:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And why is it that they are JACK BOOTED THUGS ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just read the blog and draw your own conclusions.

I have, and I won't say what conclusions I've drawn about the post itself.

The Federal Police are your friend
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Either we want order restored or we don't.

Let's not complain about the men trying to quell the disorder and mayhem...unless they themselves contribute to it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:20:05 PM EDT
[#11]
tag
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:45:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
"...Nevertheless, aside from the arson, I think that generally it's much safer today than yesterday...."

The bottom line!  

Actually, other than being a little whiny once or twice, the writer doesn’t strike me as being that critical of the LEO’s (not that I’d care if he was).

Getting NOLA under control is going to take more than touchy-feely social workers and Wal-Mart greeters.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:12:16 PM EDT
[#13]

How long until we hear people bitching about an exit strategy?

I'd guess later this morning, on the Sunday morning talk shows.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top