Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 5:55:46 PM EDT
Remember, take away oil out of the GDP of Arab Muslim countries, and combined their GDP is about the size of Spain's.  Combine that with the fact they dont buy much from Denmark anyway, and you can see how irrelevant any boycott from the Arabs would be. But if the demand for Danish goods in an economy the size of the United States's changes even by a miniscule amount, it makes an enormous impact on Danish firms' bottom lines.

Judith Apter Klinghoffer
"BUY DANISH" IS MAKING ECONOMIC DIFFERENCE

Our "Buy Danish" campaign is making a real economic difference, reports JP. Morgen, who runs the Buy Danish website, was kind enough to translate. Here goes:

Buy Danish campaign exploding on the Internet

On Google more than 100.000 pages is the result when searching for "Buy Danish"

The giant markets in the USA and Germany can give Danish companies a boost that supersedes the losses from the Arab boycott, shows the latest predictions from Arla, Lego and Carlsberg. This is confirmed by Danish professor Dominique Bouchet: "Certainly it can have an effect - the current situation is very unusual, and many people oppose the radical Islamic reaction and boycott.

One of the many web pages pledging for a support in favor of Danish products is www.americanthinker.com.: "Tell the world that you love Havarti Cheese, Lego, George Jensen design etc." the editor writes.

Many fear that if the Islamic boycot proves its effect, it will be used as a weapon again and again.

Many fear that if the Islamic boycott proves its effect, it will be used as a weapon again and again.

"Remember, Denmark was only Nazi-occupied country that came out of world war 2 with an impeccable reputation. The Danes smuggled the Jews out to neutral Sweden, thereby saving them from concentration camps" says the American Thinker

Now, this is real people power. Keep it up.

hnn.us/blogs/entries/21578.html
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#1]
w00t!

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:00:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Good! I hope the Danish economy booms as a result of this campaign.

Now, if I go into my local bakery and buy some Danishes, does that count?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#3]
w00t!

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
w00t!

Double woot?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
w00t!

Double woot?

DUPE
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
w00t!

Double woot?

DUPE

A double dupe and a triple w00t!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:08:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought some Danish blue cheese today and it was pretty tasty.

G
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:11:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I always wanted a Lego set. Now I'm going to buy one!

I hate mossies but I love the Dutch!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:14:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I wonder how long it will take for Lego to build a giant Mosque out of Legos?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I will make it a point to buy Legos this week, even though I have no use for them.  Maybe Lego should make a "Mohammed" set, complete with bombs, dishrags with  fan belts, and bloody, severed heads.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Over Christmas I bought some 3 boxes of Legos from Walgreens, they were 3/$11.

I kept one, gave one to a friends kid, and gave the other to toys for tots. I thought they would make good toys because they were some of the only toys that I could find that were not made in China, and besides I loved Legos as a kid.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:15:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Is there a sticky or faq of Danish goods available in USA?

I will be helping to break the Muslim 'blockade'...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:18:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:21:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Legos are Danish?  Holy shit I am an idiot...I never knew that.  One of my favorite toys growing up.

I miss my legos...I never should have sold them off in a garage sale. ('sob')
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#15]
DAX canned Ham, this stuff kept me from starving in Iraq, God bless the Danes.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Is there a sticky or faq of Danish goods available in USA?

I will be helping to break the Muslim 'blockade'...

Ecco shoes are excellent, I recommend them highly.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:58:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
michellemalkin.com/archives/004455.htm

has some stuff listed.

Thank you sir!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:05:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Do the Danes have any C&R firearms they want to sell us?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top