Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 5:12:50 AM EDT

I tried google but I can't seem to find anyone that makes them.

Does any one here know of a manuf. that is making them, or a dist. that has them for sale?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:17:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I have not seen them for sale anywhere in the past twenty years.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:44:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought they were illegal now.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:52:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Are they?  Why would they be?

All it does is repatern the shot.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:55:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe author Kevin Dockery used to make them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:57:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Theyre not illegal....I just don't think anybody is making them anymore. I have been looking for one myself. There was a article in SAR awhile back that talked about them,and if I remember right theres a custom maker who can make them. I just have not been able to remeber the issue I saw it in....
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:08:49 AM EDT
[#6]
There was talk on SUBGUNs that a guy name Chuck Madurski is making a copy of the A&W duckbill diverter.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:17:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There was talk on SUBGUNs that a guy name Chuck Madurski is making a copy of the A&W duckbill diverter.

That would be sweet.  I just hope there is a big enough demand for them.  And some made for the Mossberg 590A.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:31:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be sweet.  I just hope there is a big enough demand for them.  And some made for the Mossberg 590A.

ARFCOM group buy baby!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:33:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ARFCOM group buy baby!!!!!!!!

If the cost was right I'd be in for 4 or 5.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:33:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I doubt that Kevin would do it for a group buy.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:44:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I doubt that Kevin would do it for a group buy.

Probably not...but maybe one of those wonderful people who make ubertactical goodies for shotguns could......
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:10:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:26:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll let Chuck know about the thread.

Thank you
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:29:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll let Chuck know about the thread.

Thank you

I agree.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Theyre not illegal....I just don't think anybody is making them anymore. I have been looking for one myself. There was a article in SAR awhile back that talked about them,and if I remember right theres a custom maker who can make them. I just have not been able to remeber the issue I saw it in....

January 2000 was the issue of SAR withthe duckbill article in it, has a grizly 50 big boasr on the cover. the article is the " The DuckBill Choke From Great Lakes Arsenal" on page 25. I just happen to have this issue sitting right here on my desk lol after talking about the DB choke with a buddy if mine he brought the issue to me to read about 3 months ago
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Great Lakes Arsenal
60233 northern Ave.
ray , MI 48096-3914
(810) 749-9386

email: [email protected]

This is the contact info listed in the article, i have never tried to contact them so i have no idea if it is still vaild or not.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#17]
How about scanning in the article for us?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:00:11 PM EDT
[#18]
i wish i had a scanner otherwise i wold, it's actually a pretty good article
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#19]
anyone here know doc ?(kevin).

its been awhile since i taked to him and he had that habit of changeing his numbers

i used to hunt at his farm (m ex's dad was a close friend of his)

he's one hell of a guy, my first run in with him was him showing up to reposes some camo clothes that my gf's (now ex) mom had given me, turned out they were something that someone or another had worn in vietnam and he had left them over there by accident, he needed em for some museum.
i thought he was gonna kill me.

that man is one hell of a smith.

he was really impressive to a than 15 year old kid.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I purchased a Moss 500 flash suppressor from a guy on Ebay a year or so ago, and I recall that he had duckbills listed on there back then.  I did a little digging and I think the guy's name is Mike Madsen, of Madsen Manufacturing in Jamestown, Calif.  He has a few devices on Ebay right now, but no duckbills.  I tried emailing him a day or so ago, but no reply yet.  His name on Ebay is mikem68 and he has a website at www.mlode.com/~shotgun/ but does not list any duckbills there.  If I hear anything from  him, I'll pass it along.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top