[url]www.unloadandlock.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 3:18:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 3:34:25 AM EDT
[#3]
locks? on guns?
YOU CALL THAT BAD
ahahaha
try having it with a lock on the trigger unloaded in a locked case, makes for great house protection here!
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 3:53:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
locks? on guns?
YOU CALL THAT BAD
ahahaha
try having it with a lock on the trigger unloaded in a locked case, makes for great house protection here!
View Quote

Aren't you forgetting the barrel lock?
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 3:55:37 AM EDT
[#5]
And how many years until a true smart ass gun materializes?

I'm only down for a smart gun if the projectile is some sort of pulse wave laser or something.

Like the ones in Moonraker.

( If it ain't broke, don't fiX it! )
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 3:57:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Propaganda! Using your tax dollars in the Federal (excuse me I mean Public) schools with the direct help of the school teachers. I wonder how difficult this must be for conservative teachers to take. How do they respond to the pressure from their peers? Do they ignore, refuse or just go along to get along? This is worrisome.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 12:08:56 PM EDT
[#7]
"Talk with your local police department or an experienced law enforcement personnel who is trained in firearms use and handling and can help you decide which storage device is right for your situation."

Most cops I know don't know their ass from a whole in the ground when it comes to guns.  Notice the conspicuos lack of any referrence to NRA-certified instructors, the type most LEAs use to train their officers gun handling and safety techniques.  And why not ask somebody at your local gun shop about gun safes?  They tend to know the most and are more than helpful to those looking for safe gun storage.

"You should be certain each and every time that there is no bullet left in the cylinder of a revolver or in the chamber of a pistol. None. Not one single one."

It's kind of hard to fit more than one "bullet" in the chamber of a pistol there Chet.  When will these idiots learn the correct terminology?  IT'S CARTRIDGE DAMN IT!!!!!!  Besides the fact that the usefulness of a handgun is completely negated when it doesn't have any "bullets" in it.  Notice that they didn't mention other types of firearms, just handguns.

"Store ammunition in a cool, dry place and get rid of it when it gets old. For tips on proper disposal of old ammunition, contact your local police department or ATF office."

When it gets old?  I shoot 10-15 year old surplus all the time, functions like it is new.  Ammo that is stored in a cool, dry place will last a lot longer than I will.  Disposing ammunition?  SHOOT IT!!!!  Again, don't ask the NRA (the people who actually know what they are talking about), talk to the police.

"Take a firearm safety course on using, maintaining, and storing guns safely."

And who offers these courses?  Guess what, it ain't the police.  That's right the EVIL NRA are about the only people to offer certified gun safety courses for free.

"Make sure your children know what to do if they ever find a firearm or something they think might be one — stop, don't touch, get away, tell a trusted adult right away."

I'm starting to think that the NRA should copyright the Eddie Eagle rules of gun safety.  We dare not give the NRA credit for inventing the gun safety movement do we?

"Teach children ways to handle conflict without violence and discourage name-calling and teasing."

WRONG!!!!!  Teach your kid to vent his/her frustration before it turns into homicidal rage.  If somebody picks on you DECK HIM!!!!  After a while, people will learn not to fuck with you and you won't have anything to be angry about.

"Teach children good crime prevention strategies to increase their personal safety and reduce the chances that they'll be targets of violence."

But that wouldn't include CCW would it (when they are old enough)?  How not to become a victim:  SHOOT BACK!!!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 4:43:27 PM EDT
[#8]
"to increase awareness of the social and economic costs of avoidable firearms injuries and deaths, and how safe storage can reduce those costs that we all share"
View Quote

Uh, doesn't running a nation wide ad campaign cost money?  Oh wait, I forgot. Pepsi didn't pay a cent of federal income tax last year.  these programs are funded by big coporations that write it off, raising my taxes to cover for them.  But I forgot again! shame on me, my goverment loves me and wants to offer me tax relief by "Giving" me free money (I'm getting $192 back)  Does extra money in the system make inflation happen?  Or is it a complex system I just can't understand?  

I don't even think income tax is a tax.  It's just a way to take extra currency from the market to keep inflation down.  

What I'd like to know since we dumped our gold standard what exactly is a Dollar a measurement of?  And If I take it to the Federal Reserve can I trade my dollar in to recieve in return what my dollar is measured in?  

Uh quarters only cost 13 cents to make right?  And I buy them for a quarter?  Where does the profit go into?  Who collects that extra 12 cents and where does it go?  I NEED ANSWERS!

[):)]
NSF
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top