Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/29/2004 11:38:46 PM EST
What do you do when you come upon a long thread that just popped up? Kind of the like the Psychopolitics thread.

Do you sit down and read every single post? Do you disregard it and not give it a second thought? Do you start to read the thread and then give up around page five or six?

Some of the long threads I read. Others I just ignore. I guess it is more of a right place-right time thing. Most of the time, on a long thread, if you're just adding on to the end of the thread, the comments have already been made at least once.

Damn I'm tired...
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:40:31 PM EST
I usually read it all.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:40:47 PM EST
I try to read some of them, if it holds my interest. Sometimes 3 pages of it becomes a pissing match between 2 people.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:43:07 PM EST
I am not even going to bother reading this stupid thread

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:45:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By sgtar15:

SGatr15

Go make a movie old man.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:46:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By sgtar15:

SGatr15

You just start long threads.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:06:59 AM EST
Skip em completely unless the Subject line interests me.

- BG
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:12:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By Burley:
What do you do when you come upon a long thread that just popped up? Kind of the like the Psychopolitics thread.

While I don’t think that thread will draw nearly as much attention as some little girls new hair

The Psychobabble thread did draw me in since I made the " List "

What I find the most bothersome with multi page topics , is the unedited quotes of quotes of quotes only to finish with a single word , or single sentence response . Edit , Cut & Paste are pretty basic skills that should be used to remove the fluff and address the points you want to make .

What happens is I usually end up scrolling past them and only reading the shorter responses .
Top Top