Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2004 12:38:46 AM EDT
What do you do when you come upon a long thread that just popped up?  Kind of the like the Psychopolitics thread.

Do you sit down and read every single post?  Do you disregard it and not give it a second thought?  Do you start to read the thread and then give up around page five or six?

Some of the long threads I read.  Others I just ignore.  I guess it is more of a right place-right time thing.  Most of the time, on a long thread, if you're just adding on to the end of the thread, the comments have already been made at least once.

Damn I'm tired...
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:40:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I usually read it all.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:40:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I try to read some of them, if it holds my interest.  Sometimes 3 pages of it becomes a pissing match between 2 people.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:43:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I am not even going to bother reading this stupid thread

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:45:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

SGatr15

Go make a movie old man.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:46:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

SGatr15

You just start long threads.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:06:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Skip em completely unless the Subject line interests me.

- BG
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:12:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What do you do when you come upon a long thread that just popped up?  Kind of the like the Psychopolitics thread.

While I don’t think that thread will draw nearly as much attention as some little girls new hair

The Psychobabble thread did draw me in since I made the " List "

What I find the most bothersome with multi page topics , is the unedited quotes of quotes of quotes only to finish with a single word , or single sentence response .  Edit , Cut & Paste are pretty basic skills that should be used to remove the fluff and address the points you want to make .

What happens is I usually end up scrolling past them and only reading the shorter responses .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top