Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2001 12:09:00 PM EDT
Does anyone know the long gun purchase laws in Georgia? I am a GI stationed in Germany, however I am going to Georgia for two months soon. I thought about buying some guns that I cant get over here in Germany and then taking them to my home in the States after the course is over. My main idea is to stock up on receivers for various things. When I was stationed at Ft Bragg NC, I could buy long guns with my Military ID so I was hoping it was the same in Georgia. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 4:29:06 PM EDT
[#1]
You will not be considered a Georgia resident for firearms purchase purposes unless you are assigned there under military orders.  Temporary duty orders don't count.  You will be considered a resident of whatever state you have listed as your home of record.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 4:42:40 PM EDT
[#2]
What does it matter?  Can't you buy long guns in a state, regardless of residency?
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 5:32:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 3:21:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I am a NC resident now. I guess that I am good to go? I have allot saved up; I was planning on a couple AKs, and some recievers for FAL, HK, Galil, AK, and AR10. The rest of the parts I can buy thru the mail and have sent to my parents.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top