Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 10:23:39 AM EDT
Anyone ever heard of this company?

Did they build complete rifles (namely, SP1 clones) or just lowers?

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:55:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Back in the good old days, LSO was one of the few places to buy AR parts. Probably because very few people had AR's. They were the folks who garnered my interest in black rifles.

I see they are back now, selling about the same range of parts. Not sure about builds or complete guns.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:00:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one of their old trapdoor pistol grips.  Good part - nobody made them as well until TangoDown came along.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:16:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Back in the good old days, LSO was one of the few places to buy AR parts. Probably because very few people had AR's. They were the folks who garnered my interest in black rifles.

I see they are back now, selling about the same range of parts. Not sure about builds or complete guns.

Do they have a website?  Lone Star was where I bought my lower parts set for the first AR I built.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:47:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Lone Star Ordnance was originally out of San Antonio, TX.  Later they moved to Arlington, TX (greater Dallas area).  

They produced handguards, the famous Stowaway and later, Stowaway II grips.  They had AR-15 and M16 parts, as well as parts for .30 cal M1 Carbines, M1 Garands, Springfields, 1911's, etc.  They also refinished these arms, including duplicating the particular shade of parkerizing that was original to each manufacturer of these firearms.

As far as I know they did not make complete AR's.  I don't think they made lowers.

And they gave good service.

Sadly they went out of business shortly after the AWB was passed.  

I was recently in touch with the guy that owned LSO, and he said they are trying to get started again.  I had a computer crash and lost that contact info.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:34:59 AM EDT
[#5]
LSO was at the G. Brown show last week.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:55:20 AM EDT
[#6]
If someone sees them at a gunshow, please get their phone number and IM me.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:49:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If someone sees them at a gunshow, please get their phone number and IM me.  Thanks.

A big +1 on that as well.

Vulcan94
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top