BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In this thread: lots of dudes who have never reloaded in the dark by feel.

View Quote

I do 87% of my shooting under nods have never had a problem.

I do not see how that would help.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Is that the aluminum one? Because the polymer one is already set up to use a set-screw at each end.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A trigger guard that doesn't need to be roll punched in sounds pretty cool.  That other deal kind of unnoticeable?  Dumb?

It still needs a roll pin. They just didn't bother installing it for the demo.

It's also easy to modify a trigger guard to use screws rather than a roll pin, if that's what you're after.

Been a minute since I installed a Magpul trigger guard, but I don't recall having to modify anything to use the included set-screw.

I'm not talking about the front set screw, I'm talking about using bushings and screws instead of the rear roll pin.

Here’s an example: (Not my photo)

https://renegadearmsusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Trigger-Screw-Set-2-1024x479.jpg

You drill out the roll pin hole to accept pressed in threaded bushings, and then install with screws.

I did this on my 9mm lower, as the front part of the receiver where the trigger guard goes was drilled through on both sides, and I couldn't leave an empty hole there...

Is that the aluminum one? Because the polymer one is already set up to use a set-screw at each end.

The photo is a Magpul trigger guard, I believe, which is the only type I've personally modified. I haven't tried modifying an aluminum trigger guard yet.

A quick search shows that the Strike Industries Cobra trigger guard is tapped and includes four screws, but the Fang (shown in OP, I believe) only includes one screw and a roll pin.

I personally have no problem using screws or roll pins, aside from specific aesthetic reasons like my 9mm lower.

FYI, switching from a split roll pin to a coiled spring roll pin makes a world of difference for ease of installation.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Have to log in to watch again.  I think I missed how that’s useful
View Quote

They could have at least put a bottle opener on it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:47:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Using up leftovers of material some other part? I would rather have something like maybe a steel mag that gets sucked up into the mag well by some powerful magnets that are electrically powered using batteries that are recharged by the coiled steel buffer spring passing by and using the electricity generated by the magnets as the carrier cycles.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I love their easy-install takedown pins
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 5:16:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What the fuck am I even looking at
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2021 6:02:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Install without tools = falls off without tools
View Quote

Huh, my KDG risers don’t tend to fall off…
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Strike Industries meet FAB defense
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strike Industries seems to be one of the corniest manufacturers out there.

Strike Industries meet FAB defense

I CHOOSE YOU STARFISH

Link Posted: 9/29/2021 6:19:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Watch again.

It looks like it still uses a roll pin for installation, they just didn't bother installing it for the demo.

That's what it looked like to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doesn’t seem that bad to me.

I like the way it installs easily. I guess it uses captured pins. In this day and age you’d think it would be common practice to use captured spring loaded pins to install and retain a trigger guard instead of roll pins or screws.

Strike industries does think outside the box and when they introduce something it becomes available and you don’t have to wait years to actually see it.
I don’t love everything they make but they do work hard.

Watch again.

It looks like it still uses a roll pin for installation, they just didn't bother installing it for the demo.

That's what it looked like to me.

There is NO roll pin, it snaps in front and back.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Does that work with magpul d-60s?
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 6:40:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yup my M4 stock falls off all the time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup my M4 stock falls off all the time.

I wish my AR upper would stop randomly falling off of my lower.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 6:42:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Every time I hear their name, I think of that meme
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I do like their angled foregrip.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 6:56:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

D300
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#16]
While they may strike out from time to time (no pun intended), I'll bet the "spitball" dry erase board in SI'd R&D shop is pretty full most of the time.

Quirky maybe...but it's stuff like these cable managment covers that are kinda interesting enough to make me want to buy and try.

Link Posted: 10/1/2021 7:49:16 PM EDT
[#17]
I really like the latchless charging handle that they make.  Goes great with a slicked upper without the forward assist.  I wish they made a latchless ar10 CH.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#18]
If you like your reload assist, you can keep your reload assist.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Strike has a lot of good ideas, good quality production, and generally gets things to market quickly.

Sure, they have some gimmicky stuff, and you can just leave that alone if it doesn't work for you. But the company is really trying and has a desire to do better on most all fronts. I can appreciate that level of motivation -- a lot of gun companies are trying desperately not to have to change or innovate. So Strike errs sometimes on the other side of that? Pssht. Let them blow out the trendy gimmick stuff if it doesn't work, and keep selling things that are good and possibly even better than others (dust covers, charging handles, rails, muzzle devices.)

Link Posted: 10/1/2021 8:15:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If Taiwan gets taken strike industries won’t exist.
View Quote

More better than coc sucking chi commies. I have a few of their things, all are solid. No ragerts here.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#21]
In over 35 years using ARs and M16s I've never had an issue finding the mag well to the point where this device would have helped.

After watching several more times I'm still not sure how this helps, unless you are one of Jerry's Kids and can't present a magazine more or less straight into the mag well.

It looks like you have to go out of your way to even make a magazine touch that thing.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 8:38:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Makes sense to me, just helps to index a mag before it’s inserted…don’t really see the big deal…
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 9:40:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
While they may strike out from time to time (no pun intended), I'll bet the "spitball" dry erase board in SI'd R&D shop is pretty full most of the time.

Quirky maybe...but it's stuff like these cable managment covers that are kinda interesting enough to make me want to buy and try.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/153820/Screenshot_20211001-193738_DuckDuckGo-2113974.jpg

View Quote

That's actually kinda cool if you use a pressure pad.  I've got one of their Shield Extended Magazine Plates.  I don't use it often, but I've never had any issues with it and it does give a good grip on the gun.  

I'm tempted to buy one of the trigger guards just because it annoys some people.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 10:31:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I have this dust cover and extension from Strike... I like them..

and I bought them from OpticsPlanet too..
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 10:37:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

John Browning disagrees.......
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 11:05:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
“Stubby AR reload assist”

Instagram
View Quote

Interesting idea but I wouldn’t buy it. I like the Strike Industries charging handle I have.

If red dust covers and purple takedown pins get more non shooters into buying AR’s, which makes AR’s more “common” and less likely to be banned, let the colors flow.

GD gonna GD though…..
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 11:08:34 PM EDT
[#27]
I still like my tapco front vert grip.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 11:46:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A trigger guard that doesn't need to be roll punched in sounds pretty cool.  That other deal kind of unnoticeable?  Dumb?
View Quote

I’m pretty sure SI had released one before that didn’t have the “reload assist” at the front.  I purchased a trigger guard (99.87% sure it was from them) to do a build once that was all aluminum with press pins to lock in.  It was super easy to install and looked great but it wasn’t as snug fit as I’d hoped and rattled around enough that I pulled it and replaced with a Magpul tg.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 12:14:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Ok, I am a dumbass.......I have been assembling AR's for a long time and I am not getting what that video is showing?????

Link Posted: 10/2/2021 7:43:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Wow, people actually buy shit from strike?
View Quote

Yes, the charging handle levers and bolt catches work well.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top