Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 8:31:03 AM EDT
The pooh is about to hit the fan here and I'm suprised ive been with power this long. I'm shutting down the puter for a while as the center goes over us. Wish me and the kitty luck if I have power I'll log in after its over.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:32:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The pooh is about to hit the fan here and I'm suprised ive been with power this long. I'm shutting down the puter for a while as the center goes over us. Wish me and the kitty luck if I have power I'll log in after its over.

You in central Florida then?  We're getting the bulk of the storm right now here in Polk County, but we still have power.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:33:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Good luck and may God be with you!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:34:55 AM EDT
[#3]
What is this "logging off" that you speak of?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:43:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Massive "Protect All The Fla Brohams Mojo" sent your way...!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:50:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wish me and the kitty luck if I have power I'll log in after its over.

I wish you luck and pray for you.

But if that cat gets blown into my yard I am capping it's ass..............GOT IT?????

j/king.....I have prayed for pussy before I can pray for it again.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:50:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Best of luck........most of these guys would be swept away with their puters though should something like this come their way.  They need arfcom as much as they need air.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:52:10 AM EDT
[#7]
God Speed CP!!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:58:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Good luck to you, sorry about that logging off thing, sad.

GM

Oh, almost forgot, stay safe with that hurricane thing to.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:01:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I still have power too, but I imagine not for much longer

It is getting very gusty here, not alot of rain yet, but the radar shows some nasty stuff headed this way.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:05:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What is this "logging off" that you speak of?

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:42:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm shutting down the puter for a while as the center goes over us.

But that is when a storm is at it most mild point????
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:19:14 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Till the backside comes through.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:03:50 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm back! The northeast corner passed right over us which is the worst part. Its still very windy and raining sideways. I took a walk of the park to check for looters right after I logged off and all was clear and I saw only minor damage to a couple carports. Just a word to you survival guys; check your poncho/boots length/heighth relationship. My poncho was draining right in my boots because the wind pressed it right against my shins.
Holy crap! I thought the worst was over but some of the nastier gusts are happening right now! This thing aint over yet! I reckon its another half hour or more till the eye is over us and we get a break from the wind.
Here's a pic just sticking the cam out the door. It cant show you what its really like. I'll try to get some pics later when the eye is over us if it isnt dark yet.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What I really meant was the eyewall, the center of the worst shit. Its still passing.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:04:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then the wind should just blow everything back to where it was!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:07:02 AM EDT
[#15]
This don't look military but they work like magic -- I use them and they work riding a quad or walking in a torrential down pour -- can not recommend them enough.

www.ausfish.com/auscoat/full.html
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:07:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Come on Cap!....

I still say you should just put your pack on and take a ride!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:08:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:15:21 AM EDT
[#18]
cyanide, those oilskins do work great I couldnt wear one, not even in the dark in a hurricane...unless I was in a western movie.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:19:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
cyanide, those oilskins do work great I couldnt wear one, not even in the dark in a hurricane...unless I was in a western movie.

I know what your saying --- ---
I just hate being wet more than looking like I came from a Clint Eastwood spaghetti western.

Not as good -- you will feel clammy
but better than a pouncho

www.galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&style=RW037&cat=192

I just don't care what it looks like as long as it works good and  is a contributer to my comfort.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:22:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Who used to make those oilskin bike suits years back? They were pretty popular amongst the touring crowd.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:22:47 AM EDT
[#21]
well we  lost the top 20- 25 ft of the trees behind the house and the storm is just starting here im on the west coast by the beach  close to indian rocks  ......Dam this thing is big if your still in the eye  
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#22]
I really don't believe in luck, but I'll be praying for all you guys.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:36:28 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I really don't believe in luck, but I'll be praying for all you guys.

+1
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:11:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Dude you still with us or are you taking the wizard of OZ trip ?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:19:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:53:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Be safe , captain.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Any news about JFK Space Center? I have a keen interest in the goings on there.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:52:27 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Who used to make those oilskin bike suits years back? They were pretty popular amongst the touring crowd.

www.belstaff1924.com/
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:55:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Belstaff. Thats it.
Just got back from a prolonged patrol. The alarm was tripped at the local jumpsuit factory owned by my friend so I had to check that out. No doors or windows opened, noone inside I could see so I called it in and watched the building for 30 minutes and left to finish my sweep.
Ran the neighborhood and checked in with everyone and found out two more pickups were chased off earlier from a local rig manufacturer by my buddy.
Then, a cop showed up checking the place over. I stopped him and had a chat. I told him we had looters here since yesterday at 2pm and he said "Loiterers?". I said "No, looters." Then he asked how I knew so I carefully explained that no one ever comes in here, and we have a 'residents only' sign and they never asked for directions but just drove out when they saw us and one guy was actually taking stuff, blah blah blah.
He said dont take things into your own hands and I told him we are just protecting our stuff and would he have come at 3am last night? He couldnt answer that.
They didnt even know the factory had an alarm going off even though they drove by the building with strobe lights flashing inside and I had called it in 40 minutes before.
Did I mention I'm tired of being wet and I'm running out of dry clothes? I guess it could be worse. I could actually be relying on those guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top