Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 10:14:13 AM EDT
If you don't have them, it's time to get them. Been thru this expensive gas thing twice before, trust me on this.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
If you don't have them, it's time to get them. Been thru this expensive gas thing twice before, trust me on this.

Sadly, I agree.

Stock up, there will probably be a run on 'em when the sheep catch on.

As a side note, I saw an article in Colorado Springs, the cops say that the gas thieves are now drilling through the bottom of the tanks now. Food for thought.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:17:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sadly, I agree.

As a side note, I saw an article in Colorado Springs, the cops say that the gas thieves are now drilling through the bottom of the tanks now. Food for thought.

Cordless is where it's at!!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:21:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Keep your cars and trucks in the garage
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:23:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Shoot

Shovel

Go on CNN
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Dont most cars have anti syphon tanks these days?

my dad has always had locking gascaps for the truck

problem is my CEL will go apeshit if my cap isint sealed

thank god I have a code reader/eraser

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:32:28 AM EDT
[#6]
anti-syphon?  what the fawk is that
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe I can trade in a Caliban gun lock for one
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Dont most cars have anti syphon tanks these days?

my dad has always had locking gascaps for the truck

problem is my CEL will go apeshit if my cap isint sealed

thank god I have a code reader/eraser

They do...which is why they are drilling tanks now.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
anti-syphon?  what the fawk is that

basicly they put a ball that is the same diameter as the fill tube in the tube.  it can float in gasoline.  when u fill up, the ball floats letting gas fill the tank.  but if u try to stick a hose in it and suck the gas out, you cant get by the ball that is in the way.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:38:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sadly, I agree.

Cordless is where it's at!!!!

Darwin in action - drill bit pierces, gas runs down and hits hot drill windings, your insurance company will be buying you a new vehicle thanks to the thief, whose greasestain will require a powerwasher to lift it from your driveway.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#11]
So they pry open your remote open gas filler door and find a locking gas cap...With my luck they will get pissed that they cannot steal my gas and bust a window...

Any recommendations on good locking gas caps? Just pick one up at the local car parts place? I might make a little window sticker to put above my filler door, hmmmmm.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:41:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yup. Same here. I remember the gas crises of 1973 and 1979. In the latter I was working 11-7 in a self-serve gas station. Some interesting times, lemme tell ya. People got very upset if others cut in line ahead of them. We even issued serving numbers, as at a deli. It still didn't stop the arguments and fistfights, though. I got so I carried a big wrench in my pocket, just as a defensive weapon. Never had to display it, let alone use it, though. Others were not so lucky.

Also, if you really want to mess up somebody's day, who has a locking gas cap, an application of fast-setting super glue in the keyhole of the gas cap makes for some fun times.......
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Good idea... because I might start stealing gas soon.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:44:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So they pry open your remote open gas filler door and find a locking gas cap...With my luck they will get pissed that they cannot steal my gas and bust a window...

Any recommendations on good locking gas caps? Just pick one up at the local car parts place? I might make a little window sticker to put above my filler door, hmmmmm.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

*shiver*  no, no, no not the windows.  *chringe*
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#15]
yes all new cars have a device that will not allow you to put a hose down your  tube .....so then the drill comes into play......or what ever else they have to punch a hole in your tank.....Sit up late and watch your car will be next
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:05:31 AM EDT
[#16]
If people start running around punching holes in tanks to steal fuel things will have reached a new low.

If I catch someone punching a hole in my tank I'll sacrifice my car and toss a match just to have a good laugh at thir expense. I'm sure my insurance will cover it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top