Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 3:20:59 PM EDT
Anyone here watch it? I have been watching it for about a year now. Most of these people are just stupid and put themselves in harms way. But god damn, gives you an idea of how fucked up 3rd world prisons are. Makes an American prison look like a cake walk (not that I'd know what it's like). I saw an episode last night where 2 journalists went to Mogadishu and were kidnapped. Fuck that, I'd just kill myself. I'd take a few with me, but no way I am being held hostage by some fucking savages. I don't have any travel plans out of the country, and I probably wont for awhile
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#1]
It was just a couple ounces of heroin.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:33:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, we should take a lesson on how to run prisons
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah, we should take a lesson on how to run prisons

Haha! True, but some of these places, the guys have to pay off guards just to get to their cell, then they gotta pay off the block leader just to sleep in the cell. Then they gotta worry about being shot because the guards don't care that the prisoners are really running the show with their guns. Fuck that noise!

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:35:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anyone here watch it? I have been watching it for about a year now. Most of these people are just stupid and put themselves in harms way. But god damn, gives you an idea of how fucked up 3rd world prisons are.

Yeah, very difficult to feel sorry for 90% of the people on the show.  "Hey, let's smuggle drugs through the airport.  What could possibly go wrong!"
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Excellent show! It always seems to be on at strange times though.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:36:36 PM EDT
[#7]
"Don't worry, the other pair of stupid-looking American girls are the decoy"

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone here watch it? I have been watching it for about a year now. Most of these people are just stupid and put themselves in harms way. But god damn, gives you an idea of how fucked up 3rd world prisons are.

Yeah, very difficult to feel sorry for 90% of the people on the show.  "Hey, let's smuggle drugs through the airport.  What could possibly go wrong!"

Trust me, I have no sympathy, just pointing out how crazy things are in other countries. I do feel sorry for the people who are kidnapped for ransom. To some extent. They probably shouldn't be in 3rd world countries.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:15:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Seen it a few times late at night when I can't sleep.

Dumbasses yes.

Lets smuggle 10 kilo's of drugs back to a decent country.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

And I'm an american. I have rights.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:41:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And I'm an american. I have rights.

Unfortunately, not in other countries.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I was told that if I went to Kinshasa I would be detained for a few hours to a day, since my passport was stamped DRC-Goma on it.  That was a while ago, so I do not if things have changed, or how true that was.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:46:52 PM EDT
[#13]
The best one was the guy who tried to smuggle heroin from southeast Asia, via Moscow, in the middle of the cold war. He escaped and made it back home. I'm always curious if these folks have any kind of criminal record when they get back...
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:49:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Me gusta.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#15]
One of my favorite shows. I think I've seen every episode
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:00:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The best one was the guy who tried to smuggle heroin from southeast Asia, via Moscow, in the middle of the cold war. He escaped and made it back home. I'm always curious if these folks have any kind of criminal record when they get back...
They have one for the country they were arrested in, but the US no longer considers them felonies (because someone was busted smuggling bibles by the ChiComs and the Supreme Court didn't like that).

Kharn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top