Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2003 10:22:04 AM EDT
Oh shit I forgot... no CCW for most of the state.  Guess we'll just have to take our chances.

www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1229driversshot29.html

3 drivers found shot dead in 2 days in 2 Calif. areas

Associated Press
Dec. 29, 2003 12:00 AM

SACRAMENTO - Two drivers were shot to death near the state capital in a two-day period over the holidays, and a third was found shot on a highway one county to the south, but authorities said Sunday that the cases are unrelated.

In each case, police believe the victim crashed after he was shot while driving.

Mathew Seivert, 19, was found inside his wrecked vehicle about 2 a.m. Wednesday in Sacramento and died Christmas Day of gunshots to the head and chest.

Just before midnight Thursday, Rashidi Ahmad Boone Simmonds, 33, was found dead, with bullet wounds to the neck, inside his wrecked pickup south of Sacramento.

Friday morning, Adan Avalos, 37, was found dead in a wrecked sport utility vehicle in San Joaquin County. He, too, had been shot. Avalos had been reported missing Dec. 15 from his Riverbank home. On Sunday, investigators said the killings are linked only by their general circumstances.

"Any time you have three that are that similar, it raised the eyebrows of everybody," Sacramento sheriff's Sgt. Lou Fatur said. "The homicide investigators told me last night that they're not related."
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 10:27:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Just another day in paradise.  We have at least a couple of gun shot wounds come into our hospital ER nightly.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Fineswine has been seen in the area with her finger on the trigger of a AK....
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a shotgun at work, as one of the victims had 'wounds' rather than a wound.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:12:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Oh shit I forgot... no CCW for most of the state.  Guess we'll just have to take our chances. [pissed]
View Quote

In most of the state it is in fact simple to get a permit. Los Angeles and San Francisco not. I live in Riverside country and the sheriff is very pro-CCW.

The first time offense of getting caught with a loaded firearm concealed is a fine of $200 - whoopie! I shoot that much ammo in a couple of trips to the range.

Sounds like the guys are driving up and shooting people while they're busy driving the car - having a firearm isn't going to help unless they miss!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top