Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2001 8:09:23 PM EDT
I went to a local gun show today and man it was bad. My local shop has a better selection of guns and stuff. They had a very poor selection and most things seemed to be in poor condition. I hope the ones where most of you live are better.[:(!]
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I went to a gun show over in AZ and it sucked too.  I wanted my admission money back, but I guess I just had to make do with not wasting any money beyond the price of admission.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 8:14:32 PM EDT
[#2]
[>(]
At least you still have private sales at your gun shows. Ours are now illegal w/o background checks.
Stupid liberal idea, we can still sell Lorcins out a trunk at Wendy's w/o paperwork, but doing it at a gunshow is illegal.
[puke]
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I wanted to go but had to work . Gunshows in my local are not real common so I like to go just to see whats available . If we stop going they will stop also .

The people who set up these things need to
coordinate better as today there was TWO
shows only about 20 miles from eachother .
In north central IN .
I'd say somebody goofed .
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 4:55:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Yea and I got to go to both of those shows too.
The Nappanee show cost $3.00 to get it and it was a better show than the South Bend which cost $5.00 to get in.
I found more deals and actually bought more at the Nappanee one. I picked up 2 20 round Colt mags for $20/piece. My friend picked up 2 scopes while there. People seemed to talk to each other more there and I saw people actually buying stuff there.

The other show was the same old stuff. The thing that really floored me was the woman selling jewelry. She had 3 tables full of jewelry and at the end of the table which was against the wall was an old flintlock rifle. I guess that qualifies her to peddle her junk at the gunshow.
I'm starting to get turned off by those kind of shows too.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 7:28:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I went to a gun show in Pelham AL (suburb of B'ham AL) yesterday and it was one of the best I have been to in the last couple of years. It was a small show but had a very good selection and people and prices seem to be better. This is a strange way to put it but it seemed more casual and friendly. There was good attendance. In AL no waiting period other than NICS, so that helps shows to be successful.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 12:11:54 PM EDT
[#7]
We had two different companies put on gun shows here in Savannah last week and I went to both thinking there would be some deals.  Everything was horribly overpriced.  Thanks to this web site I was able to know what was crap and overpriced.  I order almost everything that I need through people/companies on this site...and I save plenty.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 12:15:26 PM EDT
[#8]
[size=6][blue]A bad day at a gun show is better than a good day at work!![/blue][/size=6]
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#9]
howdy

Here in Oregon they (i did not vote for it)just passed the background check for private sales at gun shows. It has really hurt the shows. We still have some big shows but almost only dealers. I miss the independents I had fun watching the same gun go from table to table has  they traded amongst themselves.
John Macidiot
                                  [-!-!-] helped pass that law.  [b)]

1 post down 29 to go    [>(]
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 6:50:58 AM EDT
[#10]
All of the BS gunshows here in St. Paul SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  More Beanies, paintings, shirts, and other non-gun crap!  They did not have 1 FAL or and magazines for it either.  All ARs were around 1000 bucks.  major rip.
Link Posted: 4/4/2001 7:35:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I live in AZ, the shows @ the mesa cenntinial hall are always a let down. But we have the Cross Roads about every 3 months. Very cool show.[sniper]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top