Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/23/2006 6:52:01 PM EDT
Well, I had a bit of a shock the other day while shopping at the local Wal-Mart here in Athens, Alabama. This story really shows what negitive impact illegals are having in our once very nice and rural little slice of the world.

My Wife and I went in to get some baby formula for our 2 month old and were shocked to see it was removed form the baby section and the food section. We looked all over the place for it when I finally asked an employee. They said it was at the "secure" checkout with the cigs and other controled products and Wal_Mart has removed customer access to this product on the normal store isles do to massive theft.

I know many of you don't have kids, so let me tell you baby formula is very expensive often $20 or more a can. Babies go thru this stuff like it's water so it's a major part of a budget to raising a child along with diapers.

This really got me thinking so I did a little research to find out what was really going on. It seem to be the main group of people stealing this formula was illegal aliens that swarm this store like a virus anymore. Wal-Mart was loosing so much money in lost formula they had to get permission to move it to a secure area. Is that sad or what folks? What is so funny is that this Wal-Mart caters to the illegals by selling reduced wire transfers to Mexico along with many ethnic Mexican foods and lots of products and info including DVD's and music in Spanish. I guess this finally bit them in the ass.

Our little area is being over run by these fools and it seems to get worse every week. I have seen the illegal community explode here over the last couple years. Now we are starting to see gang signs and punk little illegal alien thugs and all over the place. I know our little area is nothing compared to some places in CA & TX, but damn this is North Alabama and it's starting to look more and more like a thrid world country in some parts do to this illegal alien invasion.

I guess they are here to steal the baby formula that Americans won't steal.Sorry, but I just had to vent.

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Works for me.

Put a big WE CALL INS sign up by the cage......
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:56:06 PM EDT
[#2]
In addition, I assume you've seen the talking heads crying about the "crime" of childhood obesity in the US?

We had a 6 months old "hispanic" baby who weighed close to 30 pounds.

My daughter got to 30 pounds around her 2nd birthday, IIRC.

I don't think all that "baby fat" came from mamasita's pezons....
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:56:42 PM EDT
[#4]
It's been behind the customer service desk at my local Cub Foods for at least the 4 years that I've been shopping there.  All the smaller liquor bottles are behind the counter, too.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Well how the hell do they get past the ticket checker at the door ?!?!?!?!
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#6]
It's actually a big problem at my store, too, and yes, it is the illegal demographic, specifically, that is doing the stealing.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:59:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Whatever happened to breasts?
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well how the hell do they get past the ticket checker at the door ?!?!?!?!

In the baby baskets, in the wheelchairs. Baby Formula is one of the most commonly stolen items due to 1) it's importance and 2) it's price
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:01:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:03:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been thinking about moving south, but all the stories about the high concentration of illegals spook me.  And I speak Spanish fluently!

I hear you about the baby formula.  LOL, I always try to keep several extra of those $20 cans around in case of SHTF.  Right next to the ammo cans.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:03:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well, I had a bit of a shock the other day while shopping at the local Wal-Mart here in Athens, Alabama. This story really shows what negitive impact illegals are having in our once very nice and rural little slice of the world.

My Wife and I went in to get some baby formula for our 2 month old and were shocked to see it was removed form the baby section and the food section. We looked all over the place for it when I finally asked an employee. They said it was at the "secure" checkout with the cigs and other controled products and Wal_Mart has removed customer access to this product on the normal store isles do to massive theft.

I know many of you don't have kids, so let me tell you baby formula is very expensive often $20 or more a can. Babies go thru this stuff like it's water so it's a major part of a budget to raising a child along with diapers.

This really got me thinking so I did a little research to find out what was really going on. It seem to be the main group of people stealing this formula was illegal aliens that swarm this store like a virus anymore. Wal-Mart was loosing so much money in lost formula they had to get permission to move it to a secure area. Is that sad or what folks? What is so funny is that this Wal-Mart caters to the illegals by selling reduced wire transfers to Mexico along with many ethnic Mexican foods and lots of products and info including DVD's and music in Spanish. I guess this finally bit them in the ass.

Our little area is being over run by these fools and it seems to get worse every week. I have seen the illegal community explode here over the last couple years. Now we are starting to see gang signs and punk little illegal alien thugs and all over the place. I know our little area is nothing compared to some places in CA & TX, but damn this is North Alabama and it's starting to look more and more like a thrid world country in some parts do to this illegal alien invasion.

I guess they are here to steal the baby formula that Americans won't steal.Sorry, but I just had to vent.

Welcome to our world, only 2 more months till we go to whole milk. I'm sure it goes on here, but the fools at this Wal-Mart haven't figured it out yet
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I've been thinking about moving south, but all the stories about the high concentration of illegals spook me.  And I speak Spanish fluently!

I hear you about the baby formula.  LOL, I always try to keep several extra of those $20 cans around in case of SHTF.  Right next to the ammo cans.

Don't let this scare you about moving down south. It's great down here, very little regs, low taxes, easy to start a business and still a lot of freedom left for now anyways.

The illegal problem is growning here, but in a few years in you guys in NH will have to deal with it do to the damn policies of our half ass Government.

Trust me you are only a couple of years behind us before you see this it NH. It is really out of control and on its way to a community near you!
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:11:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I understand certain very specific brands and types of formula are popular cutting agents for cocaine also,Some stores here in az have put just those into a secure location in the store.Yet these are the same employers that are profiting from hiring Illegals!!!I hope they get shoplifted right out of buisness,it'll serve em' right.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:49:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I  don't see how they get past the elderly door checkers without a reciept.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
We put the kiddies on titties and didn't worry about formula, but not everyone is up to or can do it.  

There has to be a way to mail order the formula and save a few bucks.  Be funny as hell to have UPS drop off cases of Ammo and Similac on the same day.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
What is so funny is that this Wal-Mart caters to the illegals by selling reduced wire transfers to Mexico along with many ethnic Mexican foods and lots of products and info including DVD's and music in Spanish.

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Following the same philosophy, how long before the shelves are bare? Now that the "free" formula is gone, what will be stolen next to replace it?

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You dont want those things getting all dried up now do ya? The gal's gotta have a break from time to time.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#20]
It ashame to see walmart get such a flood of low caliber customers unlike who used to shop there mostly

my heart fills with sadness
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:14:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Fucking good for them!
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Is there a SCUMMIER place than WALMART???
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 2:15:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Depends on where you live.

It isnt just illegals folks.  There are roaming bands of baby formula theives that are black, white, and whatever else.  Some have even done baby formula heists, armed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 2:24:33 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Not my Walmart. Clean, well stocked, lots of guns and ammo. Mostly retirees and new families, no gangbangers, no illegals.

Guess where you live must be SCUMMY.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 2:28:13 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't let this scare you about moving down south. It's great down here, very little regs, low taxes, easy to start a business and still a lot of freedom left for now anyways.

The illegal problem is growning here, but in a few years in you guys in NH will have to deal with it do to the damn policies of our half ass Government.

Trust me you are only a couple of years behind us before you see this it NH. It is really out of control and on its way to a community near you!

Preach it, Brother!!   If they are not in your area, they will be.  And years after that you will finally notice it.

ETA:  My wife would roll her eyes whenever I would make comments about things like the baby formula-lots of material folks-she works at a drug store part time and has seen it first hand...and finally gets it.  

Funny how actually seeing this stuff first hand changes one's attitude.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 2:36:25 AM EDT
[#26]
same here in NC, I worked in two grocery stores when I was a teenager and both of them had the forumla kept behind the counter.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 2:46:06 AM EDT
[#27]
I can't believe no one has said it yet ....  they're only stealing the baby formula American Citizens won't.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:20:18 AM EDT
[#28]
How do they know it is the "illegals"?

I'm assuming that they have caught many shoplifters,and the majority were the undocumented kind??!!

It is a shame that in today's society, women do not nurse their babies as they did in the past.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:29:12 AM EDT
[#29]
They're not in my area yet, but I guess if we follow the trend going on everywhere else, they will be.  I was reading just the other day that every state is seeing a huge increase in illegals except WV.  I guess there aren't even enough crappy jobs for the hillbillies here, let alone the illegals.  

And I feel your pain too on the formula... my daughter is 8 mos old and had some lactose issues at first so we have to use the soy formula (damn expensive).  Talk about eating up a man's ammo fund.  Just about 3 1/2 mos to go until whole milk!
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:36:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Can't afford formula? Either breast feed or don't go spraying babies all over the place

I guess that illegals have already figured out how to scam WIC checks...either way were going to pay for this nonsense until our gooberment starts enforcing the law

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:37:58 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I was reading just the other day that every state is seeing a huge increase in illegals except WV.  I guess there aren't even enough crappy jobs for the hillbillies here, let alone the illegals.

Hey, as a recent WV transplant, I resemble that remark!  (I commute to NoVA).

Both the foodstores in my area keep the baby formula in a secure area b/c of shoplifting.  It's more likely to be stolen than even the beer according to the manager I talked to.  I never would have guessed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:43:42 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

They offend "sensible people."

FTR? We do not have an "illegal" issue up here...but formula is locked up in certain stores located in certain settings.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 3:55:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Theives usually steal baby formula because it sells easily on the black market.  

Now we have a War on Baby Forumula!

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 4:00:45 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

As anything with an  inflated retail price, will.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:22:04 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

AFAIK women still have them.

Most places around here don't lock up the formula, but if you go closer in to the city, you start seeing that.

It's way expensive. I couldn't nurse Jamie for very long, because all the surgeries and drugs messed everything up and we had to go onto formula. He went through two cans a week at $24 a can.

I couldn't imagine choosing not to nurse.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:24:23 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They offend "sensible people."

FTR? We do not have an "illegal" issue up here...but formula is locked up in certain stores located in certain settings.

Playmore,

Your breasts will never offend me.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:28:14 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:31:40 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Breaks down like this:

Nordstrom
Saks Fifth Avenue
Macy's / Dillards

<big gap>

JC Penney

<big gap>

Sears
Target (although, I've got to say, Target is MILF-tastic!!!)
Sears Grand

<HUGE GAP>

Wal*Mart
Dollar General / Big Lots
Aldi
Unclaimed Salvage & Freight
Outlet malls
Garage sales
Flea markets
Swap-n-Shop at the local drive-in theater on Saturdays
eBay
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:37:34 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most places around here don't lock up the formula, but if you go closer in to the city, you start seeing that.

It's way expensive. I couldn't nurse Jamie for very long, because all the surgeries and drugs messed everything up and we had to go onto formula. He went through two cans a week at $24 a can.

It's not always an option.  Sometimes, they just dry up and there's not a damned thing you can do about it.  My wife nursed for about 9 months and then her breasts just decided they'd had enough.  He's not quite old enough to go on an all-solid-food diet, so we had to start buying formula.

It's locked up around here too, BTW.  People (both legal and illegal, we have all varieties of shit here ) were opening up the bulk cans of powdered formula and smuggling it out in ziplocks under thier clothing.  

CO
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:41:30 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I can't believe no one has said it yet ....  they're only stealing the baby formula American Citizens won't.

George W. Bush- "They're only having the babies Americans don't want to have."

Birth control for illegal aliens boils down to this- "You can't get pregnant if you ARE pregnant."

Family planning for illegal aliens- "We can have all the children we want to.  If we can't afford to pay for them. the .GOV will cover the tab.  And we don't have to pay income taxes."  I love this country.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:48:36 AM EDT
[#41]
My company cleans a large healthcare center that also contains the county health dept. This is in a rural area outside of Nashville. They have "hispanic tuesday" and let me tell ya, they trash the place. The halls are covered with food, sangria bottle and dirty diapers. They steal anything that isn't nailed down. A few of the other medical offices complain because their patients have to use the same hallway as the health dept. They stole a park bench and a big outdoor ashtray last week.

Also in that same area walmart and kroger had all of their formula stolen as well, wanna guess who did it?
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:50:36 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not always an option.  Sometimes, they just dry up and there's not a damned thing you can do about it.  My wife nursed for about 9 months and then her breasts just decided they'd had enough.  He's not quite old enough to go on an all-solid-food diet, so we had to start buying formula.

A similar thing happened to me with my first baby, at six months my boobs went on strike and that was that.

My statement was directed more at women who don't even want to try and more from an expense standpoint than anything.

Although I am a bit of a booby nazi.

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 6:52:17 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A similar thing happened to me with my first baby, at six months my boobs went on strike and that was that.

My statement was directed more at women who don't even want to try and more from an expense standpoint than anything.

Although I am a bit of a booby nazi.

Heil boobies
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:01:30 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its not just illegals stealing the stuff. There is a huge black market for this, diabetic test strips, razors, etc.

Just 2 months ago a man in RI was shot and killed by the police after shoplifting Enfamil from a supermarket (the man did ram the cop/cop car with his minivan.)

Link to Story

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:13:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Don't remove the baby formula, The anchor babies need to be fed too!
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:19:59 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its not just illegals stealing the stuff. There is a huge black market for this, diabetic test strips, razors, etc.

Just 2 months ago a man in RI was shot and killed by the police after shoplifting Enfamil from a supermarket (the man did ram the cop/cop car with his minivan.)

Link to Story

I saw the story...and you know his family will win in a lawsuit...makes me sick. I feel for the less fortunate, but dammit, stealing and messing with cops makes him unfortunate AND stupid. And I have no sympathy for stupid.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:21:12 AM EDT
[#47]
I just think its sad that its gone that far.  Fookin leaches....
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:23:44 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link to Story

"The drugs got to him," she said. "I don't know what he was taking, but he'd be sitting in my living room and we'd be talking and his head would be off in a different place. Next thing I knew, he'd be fast asleep."

I'm no Dr. Phil- but it sure sounds like a meth user coming down from a high- couchsurfing tweakers suck.  Oh by the way- ONLY 80% of the methamphetamine in this country comes from MEXICO.  And I wonder WHO brings it in from Mexico ???  Must be all those illegal alien drug mules from NORWAY.

Solve the illegal alien problem- and you will go a long way towards eliminating drugs, violence and poverty.  But what do I know ?  Paging Mr. Chertoff.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:32:19 AM EDT
[#49]
They started to display the credit card applications at Sam's Club in spanish the last time I went.

I don't see how this demographic explosion of a permanent criminal underclass is going to be anything but reversible.  Reminds me of fire ants.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:35:14 AM EDT
[#50]
This post is like a spelling police's dream.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top