Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 6:17:07 AM EDT
My demon possessed car kicked me in the balls again yesterday.

Last weekend I gave it a new fuel pump. The diaphragm was shot in the old one. It hasn't run right since. Then my bicycle was stolen Tuesday evening.

The demon bitch left me stranded downtown the other day. So I left it there overnight. That'll teach it. Come to find out the sparkplug wires gave up the ghost. Three of them decided not to transmit spark anymore. Bought new plugs and plugwires. Changed out the three bad ones till I got home.

Seems it wasn't done with me yet.

Had to visit daughter after school yesterday to order school pics. Somewhere between her mom's house and mine (25 miles +/-) the muffler blew out and the car through two fan belts. They didn't break, they just rolled off the pulleys. And caught on themselves and tangled shit up. Yes the car was boiling over when I pulled into the driveway. Absolutely no indication anything was wrong.

I just closed the hood, went inside and tried to get about 5hrs sleep before work.

Last night I'll admit I didn't know whether to laugh, cry or go on a shooting rampage. Well I couldn't go anywhere to start shooting and crying is too gay, so all I could do was laugh. I'm sure anyone listening thought I had lost my mind.

It has long been decided the car is demon possessed. Now I know the gender. It's defiantly female. Spend a little money on it and it wants all you have and then some.

Looks like the 40hrs of overtime I'm getting on my next paycheck isn't going to build me a no-ban XM177-forgery. It's going to the evil bitch.

But in true arfkom fashion, I'm inside venting instead of outside figuring if the engine is shot or not.

But looking at the bright side:

I'm having steak & eggs for breakfast. Washed down with a stiff Jack & Coke.

And I'm not living in Florida. All you Florida crew keep your heads down and stay safe.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:18:36 AM EDT
[#1]
WTF kind of car did you get? Christine?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:19:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Take it out in the pasture and shoot it.  That car needs to be put out of your misery!!  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:19:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Jebus, just drop a grand on a late 80's Honda or something. Why throw good money after bad?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:22:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:39:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been threatning this thing with a proper viking funeral for the past couple of years.

Why throw good money after bad?

In this area, 90 miles from Asspain Colorado, you simply can not find a decent vehicle for under $3000. Too many people buying used beaters and driving them to work in Asspain. Last time I did a re-ring kit was for a Ford 351 Cleveland for around $300. I should be able to do a small block Chevy for the same.

Plus it's an '82 El Camino. Charcoal Grey and Silver. With lots of chrome. It's a pretty classy little car.

But if you hear of a "car on fire sinking through the ice at local lake" headlines this winter, you didn't hear me say anything at all.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:41:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Ride it like you stole it

........just a thought, but maybe this is your problem.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:42:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, you lost me at 'El Camino', 'chrome' and 'classy' all on the same line.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:49:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Ride it like you stole it

........just a thought, but maybe this is your problem.  

That's the bike, not the car. I drive the car like a seventy year old grandpa in a funeral processsion. And maybe that's the problem.

Quoted:
Sorry, you lost me at 'El Camino', 'chrome' and 'classy' all on the same line.

It really is a classy looking little ride. I get nice comments from people all the time. But they don't know the real bitch real looming inside.    I would prefer a de-chromed sporty model, but the pimpn' model ain't bad.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:54:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:57:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Just remember, "every day above ground is a good day.  Everything else is gravy."

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:06:06 AM EDT
[#11]

May I suggest........

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:06:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hey, at least it's not actually trying to kill you like the Mazda my brother use to own.

The thing would put the accelerator to the floor only when there was a stop sign or red light ahead. Only way to stop it was throw it into neutral and turn the ignition off, then restart it.

My brother finally parked the thing when he was driving down the interstate and started feeling a little wierd and realized he was getting CO poisoning. When he tried to roll down the elctric windows, they would budge. So he pulled over and turned the ignition off, put the car kept running. So he went to open the door to get out, LOCKED! and the electronic locks wouldn't work!

Finally kicked the passenger side window out to get out. Forget how he finally got the car to turn off but I know he never drove the thing again.

Hell of a funny story.

I'm starting to feel a bit "fuzzy". Might have to fix me another before the mornings errands. Not like I can drive downtown.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:41:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hey, at least it's not actually trying to kill you like the Mazda my brother use to own.

The thing would put the accelerator to the floor only when there was a stop sign or red light ahead. Only way to stop it was throw it into neutral and turn the ignition off, then restart it.

My brother finally parked the thing when he was driving down the interstate and started feeling a little wierd and realized he was getting CO poisoning. When he tried to roll down the elctric windows, they would budge. So he pulled over and turned the ignition off, put the car kept running. So he went to open the door to get out, LOCKED! and the electronic locks wouldn't work!

Finally kicked the passenger side window out to get out. Forget how he finally got the car to turn off but I know he never drove the thing again.

Damn, and I thought my car was bad...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:37:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#15]
I just got back from errands and looked at the car.

I didn't lose but about ½gal. of coolant. And where the one belt rode against the water pump didn't even polish it up. It must have thrown the belts as I parked the bitch.

But it'll still need 4 new belts and a muffler. That should add up to a lower receiver.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Your right BumbleBee.............it could be worse

so cheer the fuck up!

It'll get better
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Oh, I'm rather cheerful considering.

But I'll have another Jack & Coke just to make sure.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Oh, I'm rather cheerful considering.

But I'll have another Jack & Coke just to make sure.

That's better BB

Just remember....."You're the Man"
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:26:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
It just might be a good idea of giving the ride a 'once over lightly' looking for problems that are about to occur...rather than being stranded when they do!

An ounce of prevention is worth a trunk full of jumper cables and fix-a-flat cans!

And, the fact is, that being stranded on the side of the road nowadays CAN get your ass killed!

More so, if you are a woman or young girl.

Eric The(AlwaysPrepared)Hun

What he said. Fix the little stuff or it becomes big, expensive stuff...

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Our COF in the past at the MODCC shoots; we use a car as part of the course.  We have in the past placed the weapon in the trunk and the shooter gets in the driver seat.  "Shooter ready"..."and we start the COF.  

THEN we blow the hell out of the car!  The first shot was a .50 and then...open up!

We could take care of it for you…
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:23:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Your next car should be a tow truck.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:32:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Our COF in the past at the MODCC shoots; we use a car as part of the course.  We have in the past placed the weapon in the trunk and the shooter gets in the driver seat.  "Shooter ready"..."and we start the COF.  

THEN we blow the hell out of the car!  The first shot was a .50 and then...open up!

We could take care of it for you…

Don't think I haven't thought of something like that. Fix it just good enough to get to Bulletfest and hitchhike home.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:40:14 PM EDT
[#23]
It's an '82 Elco? Does it have a 305? I'd ditch that bitch of a motor and put a 350 in it. 305's suck.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:46:14 PM EDT
[#24]
You got it. The 305 is nothing but a boat anchor.

I think it threw the belts in the driveway so I doubt there's any damage to the engine. In a way I am disappointed. I was hoping to find a decent 350 for cheap to re-ring and stick in there. Minus all the smog crap too.

What I would really like is something like a 383. Hehehe....pimp sleeper for the ricky-ricers in town.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:46:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Damn, give it a once over first.  I had my 81 El Camino for 14 years before an idiot ahead u-turned on me. That was my all time favorite car, factory buckets and all. If ya lived closer I'd help you with it or take it off your hands.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Don't worry man, it get's a lot worse down the road. (if you can get there)
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Sorry to hear about your car.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top