Any of you have it?

Dont have it?

Should have it?

or worse ... NEED IT?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 12:33:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 1:00:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Forget life insurance(unless its for love'd ones)......you should have enough to get put away the you want anyway. .....whats a creamation cost w/organdonation at tufts medical=0.00.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:16:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I just had one of those waking moments that made me realize that if something happens to me, my family is SCREWED. I mean My parents have money that they are willing to help but they are not rich.

Scary.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:52:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:06:49 AM EDT
[#5]
We are currently looking into it pretty seriously.  One of my best friends just died leaving his wife and one month old baby.  He had life insurance and was about to up it because of the new baby but hadn't yet.  Would have been nice for the family if the extra would have been there, but we are all making sure his wife and kid will be OK.  The amazing thing is the cost of dying.  I think the family spent almost 20 grand after everything was added up.

If you have kids, definitely do it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:52:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Any of you have it?
Dont have it?
Should have it?
or worse ... NEED IT?
View Quote

Have it through my job but that's it. As I have no wife or kids, I don't really need it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:58:14 PM EDT
[#7]
From a former agent:

Buy Term with a 15-20 year level premium.

Don't fall for the whole life, universal life bet your life crap.  Agents push that stuff because they cary the highest commission.  They try to tell you it also contains a savings plan but if you die you don't get the savings and the face amount unless you live to 100.

Rates are very competitive right now.  Try BestQuote and Matrixdirect.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top