Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2004 8:52:29 AM EDT
I have been thining of getting a tattoo and most likely it be LE related.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2004 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#1]
i wouldn't do it in the event that something goes down wrong and you end up in Jail.  That is just my thought though!
Link Posted: 6/13/2004 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats a good point. Never looked at that way
Link Posted: 6/13/2004 11:20:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Forgive me for seeing the irony in this my friend, but you (a LEO) are going to have to LEAVE the state of Oklahoma in order to get this LEO tattoo because tattooing is illegal in the state of Oklahoma.

No flame intended to you sir, I'm just pointing out the irony of the drunken and ungrateful master that we serve.

Have a safe watch, and "Smilin' Jack" over in Siloam Springs, AR 501-524-4257, is one of the better arttists within driving distance of Tulsa.
Link Posted: 6/13/2004 11:27:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Forgive me for seeing the irony in this my friend, but you (a LEO) are going to have to LEAVE the state of Oklahoma in order to get this LEO tattoo because tattooing is illegal in the state of Oklahoma.

No flame intended to you sir, I'm just pointing out the irony of the drunken and ungrateful master that we serve.

Have a safe watch, and "Smilin' Jack" over in Siloam Springs, AR 501-524-4257, is one of the better arttists within driving distance of Tulsa.

Maybe, my friend knows a few people here in OKC who does them for about anyone.  Several of mine friends who are LEOs get thier tatts here.  I just might drive to TX and make it a weekend trip with a couple of friends of mine(non LEOs).  All the LEOS I know don't really care if its illegal or not.  Pretty soon we will be the only state in US it will illegal in.    
Link Posted: 6/13/2004 12:35:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe, my friend knows a few people here in OKC who does them for about anyone.  Several of mine friends who are LEOs get thier tatts here.  I just might drive to TX and make it a weekend trip with a couple of friends of mine(non LEOs).  All the LEOS I know don't really care if its illegal or not.  Pretty soon we will be the only state in US it will illegal in.    

all right...nothing like a LEO saying I'm gonna break the law
Link Posted: 6/13/2004 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

all right...nothing like a LEO saying I'm gonna break the law

So, you have never broken the law brfore?
Link Posted: 6/13/2004 3:24:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/13/2004 3:24:24 PM EDT
[#8]
A LEO Tat is not a bad idea you just have to make it some what covert. Nothing will blow your cover faster than a pig with a baton on your chest. I've seen people with the 1* Tat, but it looked like a military patch so if asked someone could blow it off by saying s/he served. Also seen the words justice and crime fighter done in another language. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 6/13/2004 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/13/2004 3:41:04 PM EDT
[#10]
this worlds a fucked up place, innocent people have been convicted of crimes and served life sentences before... like stated above, a law enforcement tattoo is the last thing id want in the bighouse.  Now if you could come up with something clever that meant something to yourself and related to LE but wasnt somethign as obvious as a badge above your heart, youd be gold.

P.S. clean up your attitude, if you're having troubles following your states laws, you don't need to be enforcing them.  (Spare me the "everyone speeds" spiel)

Good luck
Link Posted: 6/13/2004 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Dumb law
World's Editorial Writers
04/16/2004
Tulsa World (Final Home Edition), Page A18 of Opinion  
View in Print (PDF) Format

TATTOO or not TATTOO?
A Tulsa TATTOO artist who on Monday was fined $25 for violating the state law that prohibits TATTOOing plans to appeal his conviction to the state Court of Criminal Appeals.

Dennis Lloyd Tucker says his hope is that the court -- Oklahoma's highest arbiter of criminal appeals -- will hold the law unconstitutional. Tucker believes the law restricts his First Amendment right to free expression.

He may be in for a disappointment. The TATTOO prohibition probably is within the legitimate police powers of the state. Just because a law is stupid, needless, widely ignored, rarely enforced and just short of unique (only one other state outlaws TATTOOs) doesn't necessarily mean it can't be a law.

At issue is why Oklahoma continues to have such a useless and antiquated law on its books and why the Legislature repeatedly defeats efforts to change the law to permit TATTOOing. Even South Car olina, the only other state with a prohibition on the books, is in the process of changing its law.

TATTOOs are not morally offensive. They don't present a health hazard if they're done properly. They might offend some people's sense of good taste, but the state does not have a compelling interest in enforcing matters of taste and aesthetics. Ostentation should not be a crime. It is ironic, or perhaps moronic, that the Legislature has seen fit to permit body piercing while continuing to outlaw TATTOOing.

It would be far better if the Legislature permitted operation of TATTOO parlors and imposed appropriate health regulations along with licensing fees sufficient to cover the cost of state Department of Health inspections.

If the TATTOO law were to be overturned by the court, Oklahoma would have legal TATTOOing without any sort of public health standards.

Link Posted: 6/14/2004 7:39:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Ok, Back on track.  I did a design for a t-shirt awhile back and put it on my website.  About a year later out of the blue, some LEO in FL emailed me with a pic of the tat he had inked off of one of my tshirts.  So I guess I kinda did an LEO tat by proxy.  As for advertising i'm an LEO permanantly...I think I will pass like stated above.

The t-shirt:

The email pic:

Link Posted: 6/14/2004 10:07:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/14/2004 11:21:33 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

All the LEOS I know don't really care if its illegal or not.  

Not a slam, or trying to be smart, or anything... but that kind of statement makes my day!  

-Randy
Link Posted: 6/14/2004 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I wont be going to jail, but if I do, this is easily altered.

Link Posted: 6/15/2004 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks AZ-K9 and NorCal_LEO
Link Posted: 6/15/2004 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#17]
A Trooper I know has the Thin Blue Line (like my sig pic) on his ankle.

Several of our newer guys have their call signs on their shoulders. They should have asked one of us old heads. We would have told them the dept changes them every so often! LMAO!

Personally, I'd pass.
Link Posted: 6/16/2004 11:18:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/20/2004 7:01:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I was thinking of this also.  A buddy of mine wanted to get a tat of the statue of the blindfolded lady holding the scales (forget the name of that one), or maybe just the scales.

I was thinking about getting Molon Labe in Greek.  Not necessarily le related, but I like it just the same.

Stephen
Link Posted: 6/20/2004 10:02:50 AM EDT
[#20]
I have blind justice. You can always pawn her off as your a metalica fan. She is high enough on my arm that the only time you can see it is if I want you to.
Link Posted: 6/21/2004 12:19:07 PM EDT
[#21]
As I recall, "getting" a tatoo in Oklahoma isn't illegal. Operating the business is.
Link Posted: 6/21/2004 3:18:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
As I recall, "getting" a tatoo in Oklahoma isn't illegal. Operating the business is.

Now that I think about it. You might be right.    
Link Posted: 6/22/2004 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#23]
This is what I found in Title 21

§21-841.

It shall be unlawful for any person to tattoo or offer to tattoo any person. As used herein to "tattoo" means to insert pigment under the surface of the skin of a human being, by pricking with a needle or otherwise, so as to produce a permanent indelible mark or figure visible on the skin. Provided, however, that the provisions hereof shall not apply to any act of a licensed practitioner of the healing arts performed in the course of his practice.

§21-842.

Any person violating the provisions of 21 O.S.1961, Section 841, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction thereof shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail not to exceed ninety (90) days or payment of a fine of not more than Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) or by both such fine and imprisonment
Link Posted: 6/22/2004 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

§21-841.

It shall be unlawful for any person to tattoo or offer to tattoo any person. As used herein to "tattoo" means to insert pigment under the surface of the skin of a human being, by pricking with a needle or otherwise, so as to produce a permanent indelible mark or figure visible on the skin. Provided, however, that the provisions hereof shall not apply to any act of a licensed practitioner of the healing arts performed in the course of his practice.

§21-842.

Your right, Thanks man I thought I saw that in Title 21

Any person violating the provisions of 21 O.S.1961, Section 841, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction thereof shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail not to exceed ninety (90) days or payment of a fine of not more than Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) or by both such fine and imprisonment

That's it.  Now I remember seeing that in Title 21
Link Posted: 6/23/2004 6:39:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Look at it this way, if you are a cop and go to prison, you aren't in general anyway.  Aside from that, everyone knows you are a cop, the ink isn't going to matter.

I would be more concerns about some scumbag seeing it when they are casing the place for a robbery.  Cops get shot first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top