Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2001 11:03:19 AM EDT
Is it legal to bring parts of hi cap magazines from other countries back into the US?

Link Posted: 4/9/2001 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#1]
My understanding that it is legal.  However, if you assemble it into a Hi Cap mag here then it would be illegal, because you manufactured one.  I had thought about doing that it the past with Para Ord mags, and was told that it would be illegal.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, but what about us poor lost Canadians.  I have only a couple of 30 round mags that I have blocked to 5 rounds to comply with Canadian Laws.  I also have 5 thirty rounders that I bought in the states and took apart to bring them into Canada.  I am going to a 3 gun match in Michigan at the end of the month and was planning on taking my 30 rounders there, putting them back together and haveing a GREAT TIME....Trust me 3gun with 5rd mags in TOUGH!!
Sooo Can I take them and then bring them home agian or am I going to spend time in  Michigan jail??
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 9:38:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, but a great deal on Thermold rebuild kits wouldn't be out in that case.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 4:50:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Stormbringer,

I was just wondering where is this 3 gun match you are going to go to in Michigan. Is it at the Bluewater Sportsman Assoc. on the 23rd or something like that. If so I plan on being at that match also. If you want I will bring some of my mags there and let you use them. I would be more than happy to help out a fellow Canadian seeing Im going to be living in Canada soon. That way you wont have to worry about the mags and Customs.

Six
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Six, that would be great!!

And people wonder why I like guns so much..

Could it be because gun owners are the BEST People!!
Top Top