Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2001 9:15:44 PM EDT
Specifically, Chinese SKS,s. I believe they are not allowed due to the '89 import ban or something like that, section 922r. ??

Link Posted: 8/22/2001 9:51:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for all the answers. Wrong board for this question I guess!
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 4:44:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Not up on th eSKS but I am pretty sure 18 USC section 922(v) aka the "assault rifle ban" does not apply to your typical SKS cause it does not accept a detachable mag.

18 USC section 922(r) does though.  This one says you can not assemble a unsporting rifle from imported parts.  A good argument could be made that installing a flash hider on you SKS constitute assy of a unsporting rifle from imported parts.  The way around this is to us enough US parts so that the rifle is not longer considered imported.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 4:57:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Brake it!  

[img]kurts-kustom-firearms.cityslide.com/i/4/47/479/4795/47956/479563/Sks3.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top