Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2001 9:48:20 AM EDT
Something akin to events 140 years ago I'm sure,
except this time its all the states and not just the southern ones. Maybe our way of life is a bit different, so what? I don't live in L.A., New York or Chicago. I don't have to deal with gangs, riots or racial wars. All I want to do is raise my family and live my life as I see fit. I don't need someone telling me that I should not own firearms because they are evil.
Maybe chickenshit Kmart should consider phasing out all the automotive products and sporting goods, surely uncounted deaths have been caused by that stuff. I don't want to have to fight for my 2nd Amendment rights, but I will.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 9:51:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Your post made me nod my head in agreement.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Amen!
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 10:06:11 AM EDT
[#3]
This is the general concensus.  None of us "want" to fight for the 2nd Amendment.  We'd like to believe we can live in peace with our families, using our guns without restriction in home protection, recreation, hunting, and carrying (if you're not blessed to be living in a "good neighborhood").

We are all, mostly, good law-abiding citizens.  We don't need legislators shoving laws down our throats because some punk kid 5 years ago used a Tec-9 and killed 30 people with it, or whatever.  For every one bad thing that happens with a gun, there are 20 million responsible things that occur with them...but that one thing is what gets publicized, which then turns into another piece of whispering-away-our-rights legislature.

We didn't ask for restriction, we didn't cause it, and yet we're the one affected by it.  Anti-gunners think that they're saving the children - all that's occuring is that it's getting harder and harder for good, wholesome people to buy these firearms for legal, legitimate use...while there will always be ghettos and undergrounds that will harbor illegal weapons.  They can't get it through their dense skulls that Criminals are not affected by laws, because they find their own ways to get weapons - that's why they're "criminals"!!!

Every day, as more and more restrictions are placed upon us, it gets harder and harder for us to choose how and where we can protect ourselves - and as for the bad guys, their gun use will never falter.  While we're being stripped away because of crime, it's getting easier for them to cause the crime due to a lack of "potential conflict" on our part.

Sooner or later, we will be defenseless on our streets:  the only protection between us and the criminal with the gun 10ft. away from me, will be the police officer 10 miles away from me.  Not very good protection, I'd say - when I just died.

I don't want to have to fight for the 2nd, but I will and I do.  We must remember that our freedoms aren't "natural", they're competitive.  If you want them, you must challenge any oppressors that feel they want to strip them away from you.  These are social terrorists that live in our own country, wearing suits and ties, carrying briefcases with pages upon pages of more anti-legislature.  If we don't fight, these men and women wearing suits and ties, will surely and slowly be the death of us...

One...by...One.
Jewbroni~
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top