Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 5:39:38 AM EDT
Like it says. Have a yard that they layed sod down last year. It did ok, but has some bare spots. I'd like to spread some seed on it. When can I do this?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:53:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:54:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
AFTER the summer growing season is over, this way the energy of the p[lant goes into the roots instead of the leaves.

Depending on your region, early to late autumn is best. Don't forget to fertilize and water.

Actually, what are the chances you can just buy a few pieces of sod of the same grass to match? It's be a lot less trouble...

I could go that route, but pulling old sod isnt my idea of fun. Had to do that for the garden, and I wasnt impressed. I was just hoping I could go out and spread some seed and be done with it. I'm not looking for a  quick perfect fix, just something to help the bare spots get going.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:55:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:57:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:59:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
November.

www.oznet.ksu.edu/news/sty/2002/lawnseeding010902.htm

PERFECT!! Thats even in Wichita, and I live in Kansas City!! Appreicate it!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top