Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2001 7:47:31 AM EDT
Thanks for taking the time to think about LEOs.

I'm not a fool. There are many cops that I dislike because they think God put his intitials on the back of their badges.

I just wanted you all to know that you can't assume all cops want to destroy your rights (or our own for that matter).

Want to change law enforcement in this country?

Try to get a law passed that will make the hiring of police officers meet one simple requirement. If they have the qualifications to get the job, they must appear before a group of local citizens (selected not unlike Jury duty)
that will ask them questions and then consider and vote for who they want to protect them, no more political crap, no "Old Boys Network", etc.

Call it a law enforcement pageant.

We swear to protect the community but we hardly know them and they only call us during the worst moments of their lives. I would sleep alot better if more people new me as Jeff than as Officer So and so.

Try this, next time you're having a barbeque outside, call the dispatcher and ask if the officer that handles that beat would stop by and speak with you. When they get there say hi and tell him/her to grab a burger. That's a fair measurement on both parts.

When you can, go to;

[url]http://www.nralive.com/index2.cfm[/url]

and watch January 5-7, 2001.

My name is Jeff Saupp. (Actually, I'm not a Dallas cop)

Thanks again.

End of sermon.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 8:51:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Where do you work, Jeff? I live in Murphy, TX, just east of Plano, and work in Richardson.

Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 11:07:42 AM EDT
[#2]
BTT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top