Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 5:35:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:41:59 AM EDT
[#1]
How could NH have been for Kerry, and suddenly 9 points for Bush?  I find it hard to believe a poll could jump that fast.  That's millions of people changing their mind in a few days.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:43:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
www.electoral-vote.com

BUSH 331!

Welcome on-board New Hampshire!  Nevada, you're a little slow, but nice to see you made up your mind...

There are so many polls, HR do you feel this one to be realistic or close to the mark?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:00:22 AM EDT
[#3]
None of this euphoria will stick, unless we all do the one thing that will..........

VOTE, and take someone like-minded along with you !

Republicans and other Bush supporters are notorious for skipping the vote process

DO NOT Let that happen this time! It would be hell to pay.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:04:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
None of this euphoria will stick, unless we all do the one thing that will..........

VOTE, and take someone like-minded along with you !

Republicans and other Bush supporters are notorious for skipping the vote process

DO NOT Let that happen this time! It would be hell to pay.

But I'm just . . . [counts on fingers] one man!  What can I do?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:07:25 AM EDT
[#5]
You mean to tell me that the PRNJ has Bush actually leading?
Satan get out your parka!

I actually work in NJ, and commute about 30 miles each way through that state, mostly through residential neighborhoods. I noticed the other day how many Bush/Cheney 04 signs I see on front lawns. Granted, there are a fair share of Kerry signs as well...but I cant remember ever seeing so many republican lawn signs in NJ. Its nice to see the hippies finally growing up!

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:54:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:09:04 AM EDT
[#7]
You know the saying: "when something seems too good to be true, it usually is"

What are these polls based on?  

I hope to God it's true, but I was born and raised in PRNJ, and I have a hard time believing that it will be going to Bush.     I will be working on my NJ amily just the same.  I don't know how my mom can call herself a Catholic, and still vote for Kerry.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:33:00 AM EDT
[#8]
If the rating for CO is true, then the Californicators have been moving here even faster than I thought.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:43:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I am usually un-impressed by polls, especially since they can be spun to a particular view

i.e. yes but that is only for white, midget, likely, voters type thing.

But this is from Gallop's web page

George W. Bush's lead over John Kerry has increased to 13 percentage points among likely voters in a new Gallup Poll.  55% to 42%
the question was a straightforward......

Now, suppose that the presidential election were being held today, and it included John Kerry and John Edwards as the Democratic candidates and George W. Bush and Dick Cheney as the Republican candidates. Would you vote for -- Kerry and Edwards, the Democrats, or Bush and Cheney, the Republicans?

with a +/- 4% margin of error
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:03:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If the rating for CO is true, then the Californicators have been moving here even faster than I thought.

Oh, they certainly have been.

But hold your courser over the state. A box will pop-up with the percentages. Kerry leads by only 1%. That has to be inside the margin of error. The state may still go to Bush, but it'll be a close one.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:10:37 AM EDT
[#11]
The ratio of Bush/Cheney stickers to Kerry/Edwards stickers on vehicles here in Vegas is around 20 to 1.

There are only 2 signs in my whole neighborhood, they are both Bush/Cheney signs and I put them there. One in my neighbors yard and one in my yard. I put one in my mother's yard too but she lives in a different neighborhood. I have not seen ONE Kerry yard sign anywhere.

As Cheney said at the rally I attended, Nevada is Bush/Cheney country!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course out of thousands of people attending the rally there were a few dissenters:

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:22:04 AM EDT
[#12]
I've really become attracted to the color red lately.  I'd really enjoy seeing that map completely dark red.  

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:35:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Cook County, IL really should be broken off from the rest of the state.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:42:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
How could NH have been for Kerry, and suddenly 9 points for Bush?  I find it hard to believe a poll could jump that fast.  That's millions of people changing their mind in a few days.

Yes, RATHER SWIFT change of heart by the electorate.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Yes, RATHER SWIFT change of heart by the electorate.

Heh heh, good one raven.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:53:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:08:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Zogby - we used to use him extensively in NY, and at one time he was among the best.  He is now a complete whore who will sell his polling results to the highest bidder... Do a search on Google using "Golisano and Zogby" and prepare to be blown away!  He is also an Arab with a decidely anti-Bush bias.  My rule of thumb is when Zogby polls on Bush add about 3-4% to overcome Zogby's bias

BIG +1 on this.  Zogby's numbers were pathetic in 2000.  I have basically ignored them since.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:09:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Zogby - we used to use him extensively in NY, and at one time he was among the best.  He is now a complete whore who will sell his polling results to the highest bidder... Do a search on Google using "Golisano and Zogby" and prepare to be blown away!  He is also an Arab with a decidely anti-Bush bias.  My rule of thumb is when Zogby polls on Bush add about 3-4% to overcome Zogby's bias

BIG +1 on this.  Zogby's numbers were pathetic in 2000.  I have basically ignored them since.

Zogby has penned several op-eds bashing Bush in the Saud family-controlled Arab News
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top