Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2013 3:37:21 AM EDT
These guys put out some really good stuff.

Never knew the name of this song until today.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:43:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Im all alone here!

Another classic.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:44:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Saw them last summer in Houston.   Great concert!
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:49:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Been a fan of their music for years, but I haven't kept up with much since Pump. Permanent Vacation is my all time favorite album, but I love a lot of their older stuff as well.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:53:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Last time I saw they boys was in the late 80's (pre rehab days) and man was it a show!!  Tyler fell a few time trying to ride the mic stand like a horse!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:03:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Toys in the Attic is the best, followed by Draw the Line Get Your Wings (ETA: fickle me) and the self-titled first Album.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:08:42 PM EDT
[#6]
This thread isnt getting out of here that easily.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Nearly everything prior to "Draw the Line" was fantastic.

"Live Bootleg", track three turn it up all the way; 70's guitar anti-disco magic. Bass and percussion are phenomenal.

If it was ever on MTV, it sucked. They friggin rocked when they were all gacked out on smack.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#8]
aerosmith sucks, has always sucked and will continue to suck until there is no more suckiness left in suckville.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:17:13 PM EDT
[#9]
"A little south of sanity" is one of the best live albums out there. Great band. Joey Kramer live is great! Learned lots from him!
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im all alone here!

View Quote

First post wins.

Aerosmith is a terrible band, with the best thing ever to come from Steven Tyler being Liv Tyler.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nearly everything prior up too and including "Draw the Line" was fantastic.

"Live Bootleg", track three turn it up all the way; 70's guitar anti-disco magic. Bass and percussion are phenomenal.

If it was ever on MTV, it sucked. They friggin rocked when they were all gacked out on smack.
View Quote

Fixed if for ya.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:44:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
I agree

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#13]
In my top 10 favorite albums  ( yes have it on vinyl )

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:24:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In my top 10 favorite albums  ( yes have it on vinyl )

http://youtu.be/iD8OT2D_LHQ
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Im all alone here!
Another classic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo4GJ6YdDeY
View Quote

Great Beatles song.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I never listen to Aerosmith anymore because when i think of them i think of their newer albums I always forget how good they were till i start listening to the older 70's stuff.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:39:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed.  Grew up with Aerosmith being the American 'Zeppelin'.  They were full on badass.  There are literally two Aerosmiths...beginning through Draw the Line, and then EVERYTHING after that.  Took me years to admit it out loud.  I so loved their music, attitude, image and all.  One of the great disappointments in my life.  They sold out BIG TIME.  They should have stayed wasted.  You can clearly hear how fucked up they were on Draw the Line, but was still awesome stuff...it fit the times anyway.

A little kittyhawk63 trivia....back in the day when I traveled overseas frequently and hotels still had you sign the guest register, I almost always signed Steven Tyler.  Ah, the good 'ol days.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 3:15:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Great Beatles song.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Im all alone here!

Another classic.

Great Beatles song.  

I think you bumped your head.
The Beatles, yeah them, respected them enough to have them cover it for the Dr. Pepper movie.

Good enough for you?

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 8:12:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The Beatles, yeah them, respected them enough to have them cover it for the Dr. Sgt Pepper movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klvWtrtIRyI

Good enough for you?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Im all alone here!
Another classic.

Great Beatles song.  

The Beatles, yeah them, respected them enough to have them cover it for the Dr. Sgt Pepper movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klvWtrtIRyI

Good enough for you?

The Beatles had no involvement in the movie which was based on a Broadway play.  Although George Martin did serve as musical director.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 8:18:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Saw them last summer in Houston.   Great concert!
View Quote

Wish I had made that show.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 8:30:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Agreed.  Grew up with Aerosmith being the American 'Zeppelin'.  They were full on badass.  There are literally two Aerosmiths...beginning through Draw the Line, and then EVERYTHING after that.  Took me years to admit it out loud.  I so loved their music, attitude, image and all.  One of the great disappointments in my life.  They sold out BIG TIME.  They should have stayed wasted.  You can clearly hear how fucked up they were on Draw the Line, but was still awesome stuff...it fit the times anyway.

A little kittyhawk63 trivia....back in the day when I traveled overseas frequently and hotels still had you sign the guest register, I almost always signed Steven Tyler.  Ah, the good 'ol days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes Sir . The Kittyhawk and I cruised many a street with the last child playing
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 8:41:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  Yes we did.  Had a hell of a time once when my folks were out of town on vacation with little brother and we bought 'Rocks' for the first time.  Dad's stereo was rockin'!  We must have been under the influence of ...something.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 8:45:39 AM EDT
[#23]
I liked 'em more before they got sober...their latest crap is just that....pop radio pablum
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 8:52:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I liked 'em more before they got sober...their latest crap is just that....pop radio pablum
View Quote

Amen brother.  Great avatar.  BTW, I once took a train bus to Bangkok.  Good times for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top